First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
I'll never understand Hummer when you can buy a real HMMWV from Iron Planet for $5k.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I'll never understand Hummer when you can buy a real HMMWV from Iron Planet for $5k.
You can't register them in a lot of states any more, and the new one is an ev, and hmmwvs don't have any safety features, and top out at like 60 mph. Completely different animals.

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Safety features? On a Jeep forum? Haha

For real though, I was a Master Driving Instructor for the Army for almost 10 years. You'd be surprised at how fast and powerful they really are. Anyway I was just kidding, I'm not a "brand bro" I'm rooting for anyone who loves adventure regardless of how they get there.

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
The weight of these things is unreal. They start over 9k… and I already thought the Jeeps were pigs.

Sponsored

spanishmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Gladiator, 2012 Ford F-150
Occupation
Something... something... software.
If I were gonna go electric, I'd rather have one of these. Less money and way cooler looking:

Rivian electric truck

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I were gonna go electric, I'd rather have one of these. Less money and way cooler looking:

Rivian electric truck
I agree 100%.

Safety features? On a Jeep forum? Haha

For real though, I was a Master Driving Instructor for the Army for almost 10 years. You'd be surprised at how fast and powerful they really are. Anyway I was just kidding, I'm not a "brand bro" I'm rooting for anyone who loves adventure regardless of how they get there.
I wouldn't say powerful. A company I worked for had one all wrapped up as a marketing "tool" and it was a pig. The GM diesel in it has about 200 hp.

But the chassis was mind blowing. Horseing around off road I'd see a step and brace for impact and the thing would just roll over it. It was actually amazing. I think they have something like 14 in of travel. I do remember it was sprung very soft.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I don’t understand the vehicle market anymore. At all. $100k seems like an incredible amount of money for a vehicle, particularly one poised to save the world by shuffling where the energy comes from. Absolutely can’t imagine paying double for this behemoth heap.

I guess this is how my parents and grandparents felt at some point, maybe I was just expecting to be older before I got here 😂
Sponsored