Sponsored

Someone should burn this thing!

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education

Well there is 3 "Mall crawlers JK's" where I work 2 of them have seen a few unpaved roads maybe. One with a un-used winch the other 2 have winch bumpers but no winch. I offered to give one of them one of my old 8k winches for free even. So far I've been turned down because it's not got synthetic line on it.... So each to his /her own.
FYI: Not referring to a fellow member here. The winch is still available for you too. :like: it can be a stop gap on your Overland.
Sponsored

Charles 236

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Jeep technician
If I don't laugh at it then I will have to mourn for that Jeep that gave it's all so someone could live out their JC Whitney fantasy. Just thankful that I don't make the payments.

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
What's wrong with people here with negative comments? It's people's freedom and personal choices how they like their own rides be.

I would say it's cool and the owner has guts to get it done!

Check out this Jeep I saw tonight. How does anyone think this looks good???

9F043F08-9BC4-4A81-8E20-F40BA44878D7.png

CJXJJT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
51 CJ3A, 71 CJ5, 72 CJ6, 93 XJ, 21 JT
Occupation
Machinist
Have to admit, not my thing. When I see a jeep like that the word "juvenile" comes to mind. To me a jeep is a tool. And tools are practical and functional first.
My Rubicon actually had a few more shiny flashy things from the factory than I really like(red dash for example), but it has grown on me a little since new.
Hey, I was a kid once too. Each to his own, have fun with it!

Sponsored

CJXJJT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
51 CJ3A, 71 CJ5, 72 CJ6, 93 XJ, 21 JT
Occupation
Machinist
Have to admit, not my thing. When I see a jeep like that the word "juvenile" comes to mind. To me a jeep is a tool. And tools are practical and functional first.
My Rubicon actually had a few more shiny flashy things from the factory than I really like(red dash for example), but it has grown on me a little since new.
Hey, I was a kid once too. Each to his own, have fun with it!
... and I never had that kind of money as a kid!

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
These bumper-grill combos have to be the worst mod for Jeeps. They are hideous. I would rather give my gladiator a Carolina squat, than put one of these bumpers on.

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
IT Professional; Retired Military
I can tolerate a lot of what I'd consider stupid, wasteful, and/or questionable mods, but I can't understand or embrace most of them. I love it when the owners of these rigs ask for "honest opinions", only for them to get all offended and butt-hurt in the end. If you're not prepared for other opinions, don't ask for them. 🍺🌮🤘

OP
OP
Jerhemi

Jerhemi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Willys
What's wrong with people here with negative comments? It's people's freedom and personal choices how they like their own rides be.

I would say it's cool and the owner has guts to get it done!
the same freedom allows me to have an opinion about it. I don’t give a shit if you like the way I do my Jeep up….I also don’t give a shit if you think it is ugly and make fun of it.

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
the same freedom allows me to have an opinion about it. I don’t give a shit if you like the way I do my Jeep up….I also don’t give a shit if you think it is ugly and make fun of it.
IMO, Well said.

Too many people don't want to hear the truth. Honest opinions are neither negative or positive, they're just the truthful perspective of the sharer. Would I ever blindly walk up to stranger and say, "Your Jeep/mod is ugly!"? No, but if someone asked me what I thought of it, I'd be honest and speak the/my truth. Of course I'd probably end my comments with some sort of extinguisher (he/she can do what they like, it's part of being a Jeep owner).

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
IMO, Well said.

Too many people don't want to hear the truth. Honest opinions are neither negative or positive, they're just the truthful perspective of the sharer. Would I ever blindly walk up to stranger and say, "Your Jeep/mod is ugly!"? No, but if someone asked me what I thought of it, I'd be honest and speak the/my truth. Of course I'd probably end my comments with some sort of extinguisher (he/she can do what they like, it's part of being a Jeep owner).
Exactly. Some do that sort of thing and believe that because they think it's cool, others should as well, and they should say as much. The trouble with fakebook is that people post and get only positive because no one there wants to say the emperor has no clothes for fear of getting flamed. So they walk away believing 100s of people loved what they did. Uh, no, just that few speak up. It's all about "likes".

Don't present a picture and get all positive. Even the best artists (according to "experts") have detractors. Frankly, I think every piece of work Picasso did sucks, but hey, he made money, people loved it, so whatever.

People keep posting the same pics of heavily modded classic cars over and over again - they think COOL, look what I found! when in truth we've all seen them posted dozens of times, and they are going to get negative comments, and then freak out not understanding not everyone is going to like it.

It's theirs, their money, but don't expect the world to like it when it's something so radical. Some will, some won't.

My "non-conformity" in how I'm wired prevents me from being PC or lying if someone asks "does this dress make me look fat". I've noticed that no woman I know ever asks my opinion about clothing. How odd) There's no filter so if I'm asked, thought goes direct to mouth (or fingers) with no filter, no brakes.

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
My "non-conformity" in how I'm wired prevents me from being PC or lying if someone asks "does this dress make me look fat". I've noticed that no woman I know ever asks my opinion about clothing. How odd) There's no filter so if I'm asked, thought goes direct to mouth (or fingers) with no filter, no brakes.
My wife learned real fast (back when we were dating 25 yrs ago), don't ask such a question unless you really want to hear it. Basically I won't lie to or for anyone. This being said, I wouldn't want to inflict undue emotional pain on anyone, so I do find myself keeping many of my opinions to myself.

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
Side by side fever
Sponsored