Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I am 100 % with you on the 1911, carried one for more years than I want to thank of. Now that I am retired I still carry a 1911 Combat Commander that I have had for over 30 years.
Very nice dog...... A Mal or Shep? We originally had all Shepherds and I loved them all. Was an agitator for two years and took many a bite.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks
Not a chance of me in CA. I turned down a few jobs there. I might have well been stationed at Ft. Irwin from 00-02 as much time I was there. Great climate and had great off road areas but the rest.... politics, taxes ect. No thanks.
Was just up near Irwin on Ft. Irwin Road on a case. I have already taken the JT out to Hinkley area and run it hard on the trails. Very impressed with the speed and handling. Was Army 67-70, Combat Engineer, RVN 68-69.

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
KB (wife) and I dropped the heavy stuff for Walther's several years ago. Now, that's not to say there aren't several Smith 4006's laying around in strategic spots. On my desk is her S&W Mod. 66 / .357 with a 1.5 inch barrel peaking out from under my monitor. She carried this when she spent 18 months as an observed in SBSD Aviation / 40-K. That girl loved to fly...... If you look at my posts there is a pic of the first thing I bought for the Glad. A lockng rear under seat box for the new Binelli Super Nova Tactical.... A guy needs a companion sometimes when out in the desert all alone......
Never thought of a long gun for solo desert adventures, my 1911 is usually my companion. Along with my alarm system, Ranger, an Australian Cattle Dog. I'll need to look up the post you mention as that sounds like a sweet set up.

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Too funny, I moved from Highland Park right across the river in June 2019. You are correct about snoops over there as well. I was living in a condo at that time so I had some protection from theft. After the rioting this year wrecked our neighborhood, the crime has spiked so high that I won't even go to a grocery store down the street due to the frequent car jackings in the middle of the day. Don't remember signing up for this when I moved...

I keep reading/hearing that the suburbs are being affected more and more as well, so I'm not surprised to hear you speak to that.
That sounds like a 3rd world crap hole. (Not trying to put down your home.) We have very few car jackings. Maybe the occasional car stolen because someone left their car running at a gas station. Our castle doctrine also applies to our vehicles. Forced entry into an occupied vehicle can be met with deadly force. Crime is still bad in parts of Dallas, but not nearly so much in the suburbs.

Logan94605

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Things & Stuff
This may seem like a silly question but - how did you activate the hood latch to the alarm?
I used the Tazer Mini.... I originally installed it to add the front facing cam but it has lots of other nice features ;-)

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
That sounds like a 3rd world crap hole. (Not trying to put down your home.) We have very few car jackings. Maybe the occasional car stolen because someone left their car running at a gas station. Our castle doctrine also applies to our vehicles. Forced entry into an occupied vehicle can be met with deadly force. Crime is still bad in parts of Dallas, but not nearly so much in the suburbs.
Yup it’s a mess. Criminals becoming very brazen, taking advantage of our law enforcement situation that’s under a daily microscope.

Speaking of Dallas, I lived in Plano from 1998-1999 working for EDS, enjoyed my time down there.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Never thought of a long gun for solo desert adventures, my 1911 is usually my companion. Along with my alarm system, Ranger, an Australian Cattle Dog. I'll need to look up the post you mention as that sounds like a sweet set up.
‘Short guns’ are just tools to help you get to your ‘Long guns’

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
‘Short guns’ are just tools to help you get to your ‘Long guns’
this.

you have to pack extremely thoughtfully and carefully. Cops these days are not your friend, and love nothing more than getting any “gun collar” they can get. As far as theyre concerned there are no good guys. They get a felony gun collar, it goes in their sarge’s stat book, they get their “thatta boy” and all that.

when i plan my travel/trips, i spend more time and effort on how to avoid contact with law enforcement than i do criminals. Cops pose way more of a threat to your safety and well being than dirt bags do. Plan and act accordingly.

Last edited:

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
this.

you have to pack extremely thoughtfully and carefully. Cops these days love nothing more than getting any “gun collar” they can get, and as far as theyre concerned there are no good guys. They get a felony gun collar, it goes in their sarge’s stat book, they get their “thatta boy” and all that.

when i plan my travel/trips, i spend more time and effort on how to avoid contact with law enforcement than i do criminals. Cops pose way more of a threat to your safety and well being than dirt bags do. Plan and act accordingly.
Seeing as how you love spewing your anti-police ignorance all without being acknowledged by anyone else, I’ll go ahead and step up....

Do you need a hug? I’d be willing to come and see you to help ease your anger. You need a friend. Let me know.

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Seeing as how you love spewing your anti-police ignorance without being acknowledged by anyone else, I’ll go ahead and step up....

Do you need a hug? I’d be willing to come and see you to help ease your anger. You need a friend. Let me know.
thats....a little creepy....

it seems like youre assuming there is an emotional component to my argument. There isnt. just be careful with cops is all im saying. Its like having a pet rattle snake. Youll get end up bitten, and people will assume its your fault. They arent there to help. They arent there to keep you safe. Theyre there to enforce what theyre told to enforce, and theyre all hoping they get a chance to get their gun on in the process. Theyll arrest you any chance they get, or have zero issues or thought to rounds getting pumped into your car where your family is while turning the public streets into their own arcade game.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
this.

you have to pack extremely thoughtfully and carefully. Cops these days are not your friend, and love nothing more than getting any “gun collar” they can get. As far as theyre concerned there are no good guys. They get a felony gun collar, it goes in their sarge’s stat book, they get their “thatta boy” and all that.

it seems like youre assuming there is an emotional component to my argument. There isnt. just be careful with cops is all im saying. Its like having a pet rattle snake. Youll get end up bitten, and people will assume its your fault. They arent there to help. They arent there to keep you safe. Theyre there to enforce what theyre told to enforce, and theyre all hoping they get a chance to get their gun on in the process. Theyll arrest you any chance they get, or have zero issues or thought to rounds getting pumped into your car where your family is while turning the public streets into their own arcade game.
I see your obvious anti-cop postings and all the defund the police rantings across our country and I’m beyond done with people like you.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
How about connecting an electric fence transformer to the chassis when you park? (just don't forget yourself!

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

With as many posts you’ve made without anyone acknowledging you there is obviously an emotional aspect to your postings. Offer stands. If you need a friend just let me know.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
yeah i wish i could move to Texas. Although 33 states should be 50 + territories.

i refuse to train LEO’s of any flavor. I see no value in training police how to use weapon systems they are arresting citizens for having; and giving them better tactics to do it. The police are not there to protect you and they arent your friend. Theyre there to put steel to the desires of politicians, and we would all be better off if police budgets were cut by 50% nation wide. /rant. Probably needs to be a different thread, though.
Yeah. This was the best one. I highly doubt the police need YOU to train THEM. I'm pretty sure they have that covered .. :LOL:

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Asked and need are two different things. Plenty of instructors out there. Not just operators.

(EDIT: looks like the post I was responding to above this one was deleted....)
Sponsored

Last edited: