Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
Occupation
Firearms Instructor
Bet this becomes a "sticky thread".

504 miles on the odometer & Safelite is coming tomorrow to replace my windshield. Stone chip became a stone crack across the whole windshield in 12 miles, lol.

Anyone have a source for the graphic of the little jeep that is trying to climb the curve of the lower passenger side on the front windshield? I'm going to miss that guy.
Sponsored

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Safelite should have asked you when you made the appointment if you wanted factory glass or offbrand. Factory glass will have the Jeep already.

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
Why would this be a sticky? Get an OEM replacement glass and it's OEM. Several threads and discussions on windshield replacement.

You can always go Gorilla glass if you're worried about happening again or install something like ClearPlex on the windshield.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
My not factory/oem glass has the black space graphic, bet yours does too.

Sponsored

OldButStillJeeping

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, '92 Jeep YJ, 2017 F250 4WD
Shouldn't be too hard to find something that'll work. Somebody's gotta be printing them up. Or stencil and paint.

My Dodge Challenger has a little Dodge Challenger in the corner of the windshield. (From factory).

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Some aftermarket windshields have the little Jeep, but on the driver’s side.
The one on my soon-to-be-replaced windshield just peeled off. I’m going to reuse it.

Kevin

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Bet this becomes a "sticky thread".

504 miles on the odometer & Safelite is coming tomorrow to replace my windshield. Stone chip became a stone crack across the whole windshield in 12 miles, lol.

Anyone have a source for the graphic of the little jeep that is trying to climb the curve of the lower passenger side on the front windshield? I'm going to miss that guy.
Etsy. You can even find a Gladiator to put there instead.

OP
OP
Knightindullarmor

Knightindullarmor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
Occupation
Firearms Instructor
Why would this be a sticky? Get an OEM replacement glass and it's OEM. Several threads and discussions on windshield replacement.

You can always go Gorilla glass if you're worried about happening again or install something like ClearPlex on the windshield.
Because non-oem is a $50 deductible with insurance. OEM would be hundreds out of pocket. Times 1 windshield/year (from my past experience), that could be $5k before my truck is paid off, lol.

Sponsored

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
Because non-oem is a $50 deductible with insurance. OEM would be hundreds out of pocket. Times 1 windshield/year (from my past experience), that could be $5k before my truck is paid off, lol.
Wow what an interesting insurance concept, I've had the same company since 2010 and they don't have that option so I didn't know about it. My windshield deductible is exactly the same if I get offbrand, standard OEM, or the newly approved Gorilla Glass.

Similar to my homeowners insurance, but from a different company. When I replaced my roof after a bad storm due to a claim, they let me "upgrade" the type of shingle for free instead of just replacing it with the same kind again.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Auto-Owners has full glass coverage that replaces the windshield couple times a year and unlimited chips fixed for free.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
For a flat fee annual, I can break all the glass I want, on purpose and just keep replacing with no effect on my premiums.

I can best every window with a hammer if I chose instead of waiting for nys/nyc dot to fail at pot hole repair.