Sponsored

Sport S Build Advice (Especially Wheel/Tire Offset and Camper/Exedition Rack)

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Great build! I'm considering the same wheel/tire setup. Like you, I'm really digging the clean, within the fender look of the AEV wheels. My question is, the Salta XRs you have are they in matte black or onyx? I don't typically love the blacked out wheel look so I'm leaning more toward onyx but I wonder if it works with Sting Gray. In some photos the Onyx color almost appears to have an ever so slight green undertone. Pictures can be deceiving though.
Thanks! I went Onyx and am very happy. Check out this second page of my build thread for some photos of them in different light: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/rodreckets-sport-s-build-experience.27282/page-2
Sponsored

OP
OP
sdhkenyon

sdhkenyon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Technology Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the smartcap and put it on over the weekend. Overall went pretty smoothly - had a little bit of issue with the bolts on the roof which started spinning but I was able to use a screwdriver under the washer to put enough pressure to keep them from spinning. Happy with the look - hoping it doesn't let any water in :).
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Build Advice (Especially Wheel/Tire Offset and Camper/Exedition Rack) 6D9796A7-37D0-42A4-8DD7-58493DE2CA63_1_105_c
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Build Advice (Especially Wheel/Tire Offset and Camper/Exedition Rack) 4E50BB96-E11D-4017-AD07-F29B06F5F999_1_105_c

next step is working out rack vs bars on top.

Longleaf

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2018 Desert Sled
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Looks awesome. Did I see you on 280 yesterday afternoon? Not a lot of gladiators with RSI caps in Alabama

OP
OP
sdhkenyon

sdhkenyon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Technology Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome. Did I see you on 280 yesterday afternoon? Not a lot of gladiators with RSI caps in Alabama
Yep, that was me :). Just checked out your build - like what you've got going with the softtop and the rack over it! Like 20 years ago in Birmingham there was a guy that had an OLD 4runner or tacoma that had a custom rack in the back with a canvas top that he kept rolled up on the sides. That thing was dope - you've got some of that same energy going. Look forward to seeing where you take it!

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Nice Build. I have a Sport S too. It's become quite capable.

Yep, that was me :). Just checked out your build - like what you've got going with the softtop and the rack over it! Like 20 years ago in Birmingham there was a guy that had an OLD 4runner or tacoma that had a custom rack in the back with a canvas top that he kept rolled up on the sides. That thing was dope - you've got some of that same energy going. Look forward to seeing where you take it!
Sponsored