Sport s max tow locker questions

bastage

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Trac-Loc became standard with Max-Tow around Jan. / Feb. 2020 on order dates with a slightly higher charge for Max-Tow option. But could be in some prior as a option at some times maybe?? But it can change with FCA. It was one of reasons I planned on ordering but broke down and ended up with a dealership swap with out it.
Trac-Lok wasn't even an option online when I bought in April. It started being included right after. It was an option very early on as well, but not common.

Advertisement

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Occupation
Army now a Civ. working for Army
Vehicle Showcase
Trac-Lok wasn't even an option online when I bought in April. It started being included right after. It was an option very early on as well, but not common.
I noticed it would be available then not off and on. I think some is due to influx of more people getting it with Max-Tow and passing on Rubicon.
It got added as a upgrade to Max-Tow package and other upgrade package on last few days of January when I decided to turn down a job overseas and buy a JT. That package deal probably died quickly with the C.V. 19 situation.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Yukon Gear is now making a limited slip as well. I have thought about doing the same exact thing. Lockers are the best off road but for 90 percent of my driving I will probably get the most value out of a LSD. I am curious how well the BLD works with an LSD off road. I would rather not be like the Chevy guys tearing the earth up until the GLoc comes on.

bastage

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yukon Gear is now making a limited slip as well. I have thought about doing the same exact thing. Lockers are the best off road but for 90 percent of my driving I will probably get the most value out of a LSD. I am curious how well the BLD works with an LSD off road. I would rather not be like the Chevy guys tearing the earth up until the GLoc comes on.
Got a link I can’t find it?

bastage

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that. The price is right.. If I didnt already have ARB's sitting in my garage I would have to give that some serious consideration for the rear on my Max Tow. That should get a bit more publicity here.

Hell I would think that would be a go to for just about anyone regearing with open diff's.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it is like they are trying to keep it a secret. I have given thought to stepping up to 4:88s and a better limited slip or locker. I finally have my Magnuson tune dialed in, and after helping another guy with his who had 4:88s it has given me pause. 4.10s on the highway with the right tuning and 35s seem to hold their own. I have not come across an obstacle off road that needed more than 4 low, so......

RodRecket

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Powerwagon, 2004 Mini Cooper, 1991 Goldwing
Thanks for that. The price is right.. If I didnt already have ARB's sitting in my garage I would have to give that some serious consideration for the rear on my Max Tow. That should get a bit more publicity here.

Hell I would think that would be a go to for just about anyone regearing with open diff's.
I am looking at regearing my Sport S with open diffs but have been impatiently waiting for Eaton to make a truetrac. There's zero info about that happening so I am starting to consider going a different route. How does Yukons LSD compare to a factory LSD?
An ARB is out for me, harsh winter climates make me hesitant about the possibility of condensation in an airline.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The YG LSD is suppose to have HD clutces..

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see a price on it.

Redrecket
I've had 3 Trac-Loc's one in a D 35 and 2 in D 44 with out anything bad with them OEM in my LJ every gear oil change I just add a tube of axle dope and haven't had a problem. The D 35 was still going strong when I replaced the axle with my junkyard find XJ D 44 (steal of a deal for $300). :like:I sent it to a "new" home to a buddy's YJ and re-geared the 44 with one. The D35 had over a 100k miles on it, the D44 has way over 50k on it and I plan on sticking it in my other XJ.

RodRecket

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Powerwagon, 2004 Mini Cooper, 1991 Goldwing
I don't see a price on it.

Redrecket
I've had 3 Trac-Loc's one in a D 35 and 2 in D 44 with out anything bad with them OEM in my LJ every gear oil change I just add a tube of axle dope and haven't had a problem. The D 35 was still going strong when I replaced the axle with my junkyard find XJ D 44 (steal of a deal for $300). :like:I sent it to a "new" home to a buddy's YJ and re-geared the 44 with one. The D35 had over a 100k miles on it, the D44 has way over 50k on it and I plan on sticking it in my other XJ.
That's good to hear. Thanks for sharing your experience. Seems like I dont have too many options right now! So that may be the way I go.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That's good to hear. Thanks for sharing your experience. Seems like I dont have too many options right now! So that may be the way I go.
I'm in same boat as you there. Mine is per Trac-Loc Max-Tow :facepalm: but my D.D. and have my LJ gassed n ready.

Advertisement

Advertisement