Sport shocks vs Rubicon

HzrInAz

First Name
Hollon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I tried to search this, but seems better just to ask. Sorry it it's been done. I have a factory sport with max tow, and wondering if finding a set of Rubicon shocks would give me any additional height. I want to lift 1.5-2.5", but want to know where I am starting from first if I change the shocks. I think I saw that the max tow rear springs were different than reg sport, but not sure about the shocks. Has anyone made this swap, and what do you think? TIA
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I tried to search this, but seems better just to ask. Sorry it it's been done. I have a factory sport with max tow, and wondering if finding a set of Rubicon shocks would give me any additional height. I want to lift 1.5-2.5", but want to know where I am starting from first if I change the shocks. I think I saw that the max tow rear springs were different than reg sport, but not sure about the shocks. Has anyone made this swap, and what do you think? TIA
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...s-springs-for-my-sport-quick-questions.33923/

OP
OP
HzrInAz

HzrInAz

First Name
Hollon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I guess I forgot to include Rubicon springs changed as well, which I didn't see addressed on the link. TIA

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I just changed out my max tow shocks for Rubicon take off shocks and while I did not take measurements it does not seem like my JT is any higher. I did not change the springs as I wanted to keep the Max Tow Springs since I use the truck to tow stuff.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Shocks do not change height - shocks don't support the vehicle
Only springs would change height (or spacers under the springs)
Shocks only dampen oscillations and prevent bounce, etc.
No support.

If I had a max tow Sport S - I'd use spacers to lift it unless you want a lot of lift.
I would indeed use the Fox shocks from Rubicon - I put a set on my Overland and love the ride.
You have some of the best "stock" shocks.

You could use Rubicon springs up front and perhaps get a bit of lift.

Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My Sport S Max Tow has Rubi shocks and springs .... I think the ride is great, but I can't compare to the stock Sport S as I never had those. Compared to another Sport S at my work mine seams to ride more level, so I would estimate a leveling effect with the Rubi springs

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My Sport S Max Tow has Rubi shocks and springs .... I think the ride is great, but I can't compare to the stock Sport S as I never had those. Compared to another Sport S at my work mine seams to ride more level, so I would estimate a leveling effect with the Rubi springs
Rubicon springs under the front of my Overland raised the front about 7/8" inch or so.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon springs under the front of my Overland raised the front about 7/8" inch or so.
I think If I would have changed out the front springs with the Rubicon springs it would have leveled my truck off a bit as currently the front is sitting a bit lower than the rear.

Riccochet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKR | 2020 Ram 2500 | 2021 JT Sport
Just something to consider, but if you use your JT as a truck and intend to tow or haul with it you might want to reconsider leveling it. Trucks have a rake for a reason. To compensate for when you do have a trailer hooked up or a load in the bed. So you don't look like some carolina squatted d-bag with your headlights pointed up in the trees.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just something to consider, but if you use your JT as a truck and intend to tow or haul with it you might want to reconsider leveling it. Trucks have a rake for a reason. To compensate for when you do have a trailer hooked up or a load in the bed. So you don't look like some carolina squatted d-bag with your headlights pointed up in the trees.
Yea I didn't mess with the springs on it cause I use it to haul stuff and as a truck so only wanted to do minimum changes got great deal on the Rubi Tires and Rubi shocks. The person who sold me the shocks offered me the springs, etc and I said not thanks just want the shocks. Only thing left now is to add some more lights in the bed and the front and back and change out those standard factory speakers

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
HAHA - too true. That's why I switched springs in rear of mine - a load made it look like I was hunting raccoons. Didn't need spotlights for the trees. Max tow springs help support it better. I was NOT seeking any change in capacity, just less sag. But the rear springs dropped it just a touch, so I may try to get 3/4" spacers to bring it back up - but it really doesn't look bad.
Sponsored