Spotted Jeep Gladiator diesel prototype

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
How many of you guys are waiting for the diesel?
‘Raises Hand’
I was not satisfied w/ the 3.6L in the JK I had, now have an Eco GC. Hard to picture going back to a gasoline power plant. (Knocks on wood) I have not had Any issues w/ my 3.0L, hoping the next gen is even better:fingerscrossed:
The color I like will be ‘late production’ anyway-
Sponsored

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
I still can't understand why I would pay $50,000 for a Jeep when I could get a RAM Rebel loaded for the same amount with a 5.7 Liter Hemi.
I have asked myself this same question many times. Yes the Jeep is smaller which might be better for city driving as stated but your literally getting a much nicer, larger, more usable truck. What you dont get is the gladiator... and I think Jeep is going to take that risk with pricing. I know I absolutely want the gladiator but is it the smart choice in the end?I keep asking this question...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I have asked myself this same question many times. Yes the Jeep is smaller which might be better for city driving as stated but your literally getting a much nicer, larger, more usable truck. What you dont get is the gladiator... and I think Jeep is going to take that risk with pricing. I know I absolutely want the gladiator but is it the smart choice in the end?I keep asking this question...
Desires don't have to be smart. =)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Haha, This is also 100% true! ^^
I use to think I wanted to save as much money as possible for retirement. Then I got into a car accident where I could have easily died if the car hit me a millisecond sooner.

Now I'm kinda like screw it, gotta have a balance between enjoying life, being responsible and hedging your bet that you might live into your 90s. I think owning a JT will bring me a lot of happiness, in case I die young.

Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
I read all of these comments about DEF and I have to ask if everyknows what DEF does and what it is?

DEF actually allows the air fuel mixture for the MOST efficient operation. Because DEF engines have a much lower rate of EGR EGTs tend to be somewhat higher. These higher EGTs result in less soot to get trapped in the DPF and a “passive regen” if the DPF does come restricted. What this means is active regen will occur with much less frequency.

I have had a few diesel trucks and I worked them all very hard. My equipment on the gooseneck trailer weighed about 26000 pounds. I cannot remember a single time that my 2011 F550 Powerstroke with .488 went into active regen while towing that load. I also had a 2008 6.4 that everyone else had so much trouble with. My truck was an F350 with .430 gears and it pulled hard. Again no active regen while loaded. I put almost 200k on that truck without even a hint of trouble.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read all of these comments about DEF and I have to ask if everyknows what DEF does and what it is?

DEF actually allows the air fuel mixture for the MOST efficient operation. Because DEF engines have a much lower rate of EGR EGTs tend to be somewhat higher. These higher EGTs result in less soot to get trapped in the DPF and a “passive regen” if the DPF does come restricted. What this means is active regen will occur with much less frequency.

I have had a few diesel trucks and I worked them all very hard. My equipment on the gooseneck trailer weighed about 26000 pounds. I cannot remember a single time that my 2011 F550 Powerstroke with .488 went into active regen while towing that load. I also had a 2008 6.4 that everyone else had so much trouble with. My truck was an F350 with .430 gears and it pulled hard. Again no active regen while loaded. I put almost 200k on that truck without even a hint of trouble.
does active regen happen more frequently when you're not pushing the motor? Like if you're daily driving your gladiator diesel and do frequent start stops?

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
does active regen happen more frequently when you're not pushing the motor? Like if you're daily driving your gladiator diesel and do frequent start stops?
Regen is required more with more city/start stop driving. It's not that big of a deal if you can do 20-25 min highway trips once or twice a week. What worries me more on modern diesels are the egr systems. I live somewhere damn near impossible to get away with bypasses on them, but that is the only part I am looking to "delete" if I can find a way to do it and still pass emissions tests.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yup same boat. I was inches away from death in my accident as well last summer. Makes you appreciate your time here and now. Save for the future, but don’t do it to the point that it sacrifices the present. Gladiator and overland traveling Canada once I can get one.

I use to think I wanted to save as much money as possible for retirement. Then I got into a car accident where I could have easily died if the car hit me a millisecond sooner.

Now I'm kinda like screw it, gotta have a balance between enjoying life, being responsible and hedging your bet that you might live into your 90s. I think owning a JT will bring me a lot of happiness, in case I die young.
Sponsored