Sponsored

Spotted: JT Gladiators lined up in Toledo yard!

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Those are not the LE wheels so now we know LE won't be the first to hit the road.
Frankly I think that FCA is the only one that truly knows for a fact exactly which trucks will be the first to show up at dealers lots for sale. Everything else is pure speculation.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Those are not the LE wheels so now we know LE won't be the first to hit the road.
Oh for fucks sake, REALLY?
Because you see a pic (that is actively being questioned as to when it was taken) of 5 mis-matched white vehicles, you now KNOW that the ENTIRE LE sell was a fraud?
You do not deserve to display Stig. release the Brit immediately... :LOL:

Sponsored

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
As much as I like AEV and ran lots of their products on my JK, the constant bashing of Jeep, the Gladiator and the EJS concepts saying they stole their designs is pretty sad. They are just non stop posting these things on social media and it’s not something a company of their caliber should be doing.

I am totes waiting for AEV to come out with a Glad 5.7 or 6.4 conversion!! Been driving 5.7s for the past 5 years and I am crying a little just thinking about the short time I will be without it. I am curious what they are going to do in regards to cooling for towing purposes.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
As much as I like AEV and ran lots of their products on my JK, the constant bashing of Jeep, the Gladiator and the EJS concepts saying they stole their designs is pretty sad. They are just non stop posting these things on social media and it’s not something a company of their caliber should be doing.
Really? I always thought AEV and Jeep were tight and collaborating.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Ya, then JEEP pissed in AEVs Cheerios.

I've sensed the same attitude:
They don't like JEEP
They don't like Black Rhino Wheels

BOTH have items that apparently are just a little too close to their prior stuff.

BUT AEV NEEDS TO WIPE AND MOVE ON.

MY THOUGHTS:
1. AEV was given designs by them and allowed to produce, then once proven positive, permission pulled. This is most likely as AEV is still in bed with FCA building RAM models.
OR

2. AEV designed stuff that the others already had recorded as TMs and got their peepee spanked.

NOW, if it was me, I'd be a little pissy also. Whether you agree or not, AEV built their name way up with the Brute and now we will call it Gladiator.

BUT GET OVER IT.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Yeah AEV has been posting pictures of the Gladiator saying it looks like they copied them ( the design is a wrangler with a bed, it’s obviously going to look like that) and then they posted up about how the Wayout concept is a copy of theirs.

I get Jeep using designs to influence their design, but I don’t think they copied them at all. I also believe AEV is upset that they got zero input on the design and knew nothing about the Gladiator prior to the release, as well as the fact that some other aftermarket companies were given Gladiators to modify or co-develop parts.

Tbh I think AEV working with Chevrolet on a direct competitor build is my guess as to why Jeep didn’t work with them on this project, but it’s all up in the air.

Ya, then JEEP pissed in AEVs Cheerios.

I've sensed the same attitude:
They don't like JEEP
They don't like Black Rhino Wheels

BOTH have items that apparently are just a little too close to their prior stuff.

BUT AEV NEEDS TO WIPE AND MOVE ON.

MY THOUGHTS:
1. AEV was given designs by them and allowed to produce, then once proven positive, permission pulled. This is most likely as AEV is still in bed with FCA building RAM models.
OR

2. AEV designed stuff that the others already had recorded as TMs and got their peepee spanked.

NOW, if it was me, I'd be a little pissy also. Whether you agree or not, AEV built their name way up with the Brute and now we will call it Gladiator.

BUT GET OVER IT.

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Yeah AEV has been posting pictures of the Gladiator saying it looks like they copied them ( the design is a wrangler with a bed, it’s obviously going to look like that) and then they posted up about how the Wayout concept is a copy of theirs.

I get Jeep using designs to influence their design, but I don’t think they copied them at all. I also believe AEV is upset that they got zero input on the design and knew nothing about the Gladiator prior to the release, as well as the fact that some other aftermarket companies were given Gladiators to modify or co-develop parts.

Tbh I think AEV working with Chevrolet on a direct competitor build is my guess as to why Jeep didn’t work with them on this project, but it’s all up in the air.
Wait a second - AEV basically built a knockoff J8, which is a Wrangler with a bed and some upgrades (that's been made by a Chrysler JV since 2007).

Then Jeep built an *actual honest to God truck* that featured a *Jeep* Wrangler front end and styling, and AEV is upset about it? C'mon man - even a millenial would thinks that's a stupid reason to be mad...

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Honestly when I see their post on Instagram and Facebook it makes me disappointed. I ran a lot of their parts on my JK. I really love the quality of parts they build and plan to use their stuff on my Gladiator. But this bashing Jeep over them building a Wrangler based pickup, that looks like a Wrangler based pickup is souring my taste with them.

Wait a second - AEV basically built a knockoff J8, which is a Wrangler with a bed and some upgrades (that's been made by a Chrysler JV since 2007).

Then Jeep built an *actual honest to God truck* that featured a *Jeep* Wrangler front end and styling, and AEV is upset about it? C'mon man - even a millenial would thinks that's a stupid reason to be mad...
308B0DFD-C1EE-41B9-BED5-CB12D3262705.png

9AEEDC32-AE87-46CD-9F9D-5E69B3163BDD.png

8C8770B5-ED4E-45CF-AD50-8B44D1EFB276.png

9C04A46F-F953-42EB-BE3B-2544BDAFC83C.png

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Honestly when I see their post on Instagram and Facebook it makes me disappointed. I ran a lot of their parts on my JK. I really love the quality of parts they build and plan to use their stuff on my Gladiator. But this bashing Jeep over them building a Wrangler based pickup, that looks like a Wrangler based pickup is souring my taste with them.

308B0DFD-C1EE-41B9-BED5-CB12D3262705.png

9AEEDC32-AE87-46CD-9F9D-5E69B3163BDD.png

8C8770B5-ED4E-45CF-AD50-8B44D1EFB276.png

9C04A46F-F953-42EB-BE3B-2544BDAFC83C.png
Yea, I agree. Kind of foolish, acting like they invented the concept... this is where Jeep needs to send them some throwback pics like the kind @5JeepsAz has... and take them to school. More like the brute “looks familiar” to jeeps that came long before it.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Yea, I agree. Kind of foolish, acting like they invented the concept... this is where Jeep needs to send them some throwback pics like the kind @5JeepsAz has... and take them to school. More like the brute “looks familiar” to jeeps that came long before it.
Jeep needs to tell AEV to design their own vehicle from the ground up if they want to act petty.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Seems they are awfully hung up on what the truck 'looks like' IE a Wrangler with a bed, when the Gladiator has So much more capability than the Brute had. Plus features.
Bumper looks a bit AEV-ish but to me that's about it? :shrug:
Sponsored