First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
I got the Amazon $200 Yitamotor tonneau. Went cheap cause I'll eventually put on a bed rack. It works fine, looks fine, and serves it's purpose.
As for tires, yes, my searches have shown several available 35 in tires for 17 inch wheels.
There are lots of tires that will fit OEM wheels, but the backspacing might not let you turn the wheel to full stop without rubbing. That is remedied with spacers or new wheels with different backspacing. Toyo AT III and Kenda Klever RT come in skinny 35" sizes that might make it possible on stock rims. Even then, you could have fender rubbing at full flex, especially with Sport models.

Chuck-a-Palooza

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, Rubicon, sting-grey
Occupation
Computer nerd
There are lots of tires that will fit OEM wheels, but the backspacing might not let you turn the wheel to full stop without rubbing. That is remedied with spacers or new wheels with different backspacing. Toyo AT III and Kenda Klever RT come in skinny 35" sizes that might make it possible on stock rims. Even then, you could have fender rubbing at full flex, especially with Sport models.
Should not be an issue with Rubicon or Mojave package.
This is just from my research though - no first hand experience.

Sponsored

Eventyr_JT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
IBEW Electrician
Went wheeling this weekend for the Jeeps birthday! Thursday, Friday, Saturday Trailfest at Uwharrie NF and Grand Overland District. We did our first night ride Thursday night. Tore off some of the bumper cover Friday.
Jeep Gladiator STING GRAY Gladiator JT Club 82C91F02-9A78-4C86-A47D-86D675E73C60

Jeep Gladiator STING GRAY Gladiator JT Club 38B8B316-6172-4031-830F-FC285D4AC25D

Jeep Gladiator STING GRAY Gladiator JT Club 34532398-6462-4CC4-8B71-D9C25445AE16

Last edited:

dlromo

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
First post here.

Picked up my 22 Willys about a week ago. That’s my 08 2-door looking jealous.

Got a question, hope it’s ok to ask here. Since it came with LT’s and door sticker says LT’s, am I stuck with them or can I install “P” tires? I don’t have a need for them.
And an observation, steering is tighter on the 08, with 150K miles.

6D7E103F-9F8F-4F12-BF55-15E3928B0EFE.jpeg

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
First post here.

Got a question, hope it’s ok to ask here. Since it came with LT’s and door sticker says LT’s, am I stuck with them or can I install “P” tires? I don’t have a need for them.

Welcome. My two cents…give it a few hundred miles before you form too much of a negative opinion about anything:

-I was not a fan of undulating roads initially. I.e. Country roads with lots of twists and turns. I was white-knuckling it on my ride home from the dealership the night I got it. I was below the speed limit and it just didn’t feel right.

The following weekend, I had to run that same stretch of road on the way back from the dealer again (went to get something installed). At 450 miles (vs. less than 100 miles the previous trip) it was just fine.

See the comment below about the suspension. Both the steering and suspension seem to have settled in.

-It seems like my suspension (‘22 Rubicon here) took 200-300 miles to really settle in. It felt a bit “floaty”/inconsistent prior to that point. At 550 miles it’s a night and day difference compared to driving experience I had the night I drove it home.

Sponsored

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
First post here.

Welcome to the fun - and good color choice. The Willy's black looks sharp agains the Sting Grey.

So on the tire question, I think that a P tire won't have a load range and will typically have thinner sidewalls. So you can put it on but the risk is loading the truck beyond what the tire can support or dealing with terrain that kills your sidewall. I guess it's a risk vs. comfort equation you'd have to balance.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Took my Sting-gray Willys to Yucca Pens WMA in Charlotte County, FL today. Beautiful day on the sandy trails. My son really loved sliding around in it!
Jeep Gladiator STING GRAY Gladiator JT Club 6D7E103F-9F8F-4F12-BF55-15E3928B0EFE
Jeep Gladiator STING GRAY Gladiator JT Club 6D7E103F-9F8F-4F12-BF55-15E3928B0EFE
Where is this? I live in Charlotte County.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
Wide trails? Risk of trail rash?
Wide trails. Only one I recall that you could get some pin striping on, but that’s the fun one 🤣
Sponsored