Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I went in just to get financing out of the way knowing it would of course show up when my wife was working this weekend and when I pulled in it was sitting there. I was like, ummmm that's mine right. They said no it's the bosses. I said no, no it ain't. They all cracked and started laughing because they knew they couldn't pull the wool over on me.

20190725_180835.jpg
Love how the Sting Gray tends to change colors in different lighting. In this picture it almost looks more tan, rather than gray. Love it, especially with the black fenders. Congratulations.
Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
So, had it a couple of days now.
1. The saddle leather is just fantastic. I really, really like it and everyone that sees it comments on how that looks before anything else.
2. The soft top is excellent. I went with the premium soft top and drove it on the highway today with the AC on it and it was just great. A little more road noise than a normal car, but hardly noticeable especially if you're listening to the radio. I also ran into some rain yesterday and was able to close it in about 5 seconds to avoid getting wet.
3. I hate the turn signal lever. It's just so cheap.
4. The mirrors are a little small, but I have had no issues with blind spots or not being able to see cars.
5. Did I mention how nice the leather is?
6. I'm not getting any noise from the stock all terrain tires. They're very nice.
7. I really like the tonneau cover.
8. The front camera is great for parking in my garage. It fits in my garage and I can drive it right in with the soft top open.
9. Car play is great (I just keep forgetting to plug my phone in)
10. ACC is also great. I've never used it before and it was very nice driving in traffic this morning. Sometimes it slams on the brakes when it really doesn't need to.

Last edited:

Jeep Rigg

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT-RU Sting Gray, 2014 Toyota 4-Runner
Love how the Sting Gray tends to change colors in different lighting. In this picture it almost looks more tan, rather than gray. Love it, especially with the black fenders. Congratulations.
Yes it really does change color. I sent a pic to a buddy and he was like what color is that because it's not the one we talked about. I said yes it is and I know, it changes. This is mine and his JK. Not actually sure the color of his but it does the same thing in different light.

20190725_183343.jpg

Jeep Rigg

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT-RU Sting Gray, 2014 Toyota 4-Runner
BTW, SG lovers, mine came in 2 weeks ahead of schedule so I think the plant is gaining speed. Be patient.

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
1. The saddle leather is just fantastic. I really, really like it and everyone that sees it comments on how that looks before anything else.
2. The soft top is excellent. I went with the premium soft top and drove it on the highway today with the AC on it and it was just great. A little more road noise than a normal car, but hardly noticeable especially if you're listening to the radio. I also ran into some rain yesterday and was able to close it in about 5 seconds to avoid getting wet.
4. The mirrors are a little small, but I have had no issues with blind spots or not being able to see cars.
6. I'm not getting any noise from the stock all terrain tires. They're very nice.
8. The front camera is great for parking in my garage. It fits in my garage and I can drive it right in with the soft top open.
10. ACC is also great. I've never used it before and it was very nice driving in traffic this morning. Sometimes it slams on the brakes when it really does need to.
Agree with your observations. Especially the ACC. Never thought I'd be a fan much less buy a vehicle with it as an option. I'm now sold big time on the utility of using ACC on the interstate.

Airmousam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
Good info....does the bulk behind the rear view mirror bug you, or is it a don’t care? Thx

10. ACC is also great. I've never used it before and it was very nice driving in traffic this morning. Sometimes it slams on the brakes when it really does need to.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Good info....does the bulk behind the rear view mirror bug you, or is it a don’t care? Thx
Honestly haven't even noticed it. I'm 5'11" so maybe I'm not tall enough for it to be in my frame of view?

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to be patient to wait for mine to be unloaded from the train and delivered to my dealership! Seeing pics of y'alls SG Jeeps isn't HELPING ME! Although I'm LOVING seeing the pics! Haha!

Gobills007

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Dealer just shot me a text and said my SG is “gate out” of the Factory this morning, awaiting transport.

Ordered June 24th got my vin June 25th.

Sponsored

mortuar

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L EcoDiesel Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Finally placed my order for a Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon on 7/24! All options except no painted top/fenders, no steel bumper (still wasn't available), no bluetooth speaker, no leather, no cold weather group. I was happily surprised that the front camera option was available - I thought it wasn't. I am beyond stoked! Now for the long wait. :D

Toomamyjeeps

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Comanche, 2000 Cherokee, 2020 Gladiator
I’ve been JB for 13 days now

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer just shot me a text and said my SG is “gate out” of the Factory this morning, awaiting transport.

Ordered June 24th got my vin June 25th.
Ordered my SG Rubi a day after you... Maybe I'll be getting a message soon, too!

Sshec152

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator, 2007 bmw 335i
Entered d1 today! Ordered 7/3
Sponsored