First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Police Officer
Thanks for posting that breakdown of what you did. Were you trying to go for an amazing sound system? I'd be happy with something on par with the Alpine premium package.
Sponsored

mrsooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Love this option. Being a stickler for appearance, I hope that Stinger will consider changing to a matte black, instead of glossy. So it fits in better with the rest of the jeep.

Tortfeasor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Attorney
Anyone have issues with the backup camera? I just got mine installed took me forever to get everything squeezed in but my backup camera does not work. I really don't want to take it back out😭

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Also can the Stinger use the car's built in microphone or do you have to use the add on one? If not- is there any reason to use the add in versus the one already in the Gladiator?
From what I saw with the installation instructions/video, you either use a microphone internal to the Heigh10, or run an external microphone: no option for the Jeep's microphone.
That's one of the reasons I didn't consider the Heigh10; the others are it isn't weatherproof, and personally I dislike the looks of it hanging on the dash.

Kevin

MadFoodScientist

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Anyone have issues with the backup camera? I just got mine installed took me forever to get everything squeezed in but my backup camera does not work. I really don't want to take it back out😭
I did my install today as well. My backup camera works. Unfortunately my GPS antenna does not. I also hate the idea of taking it off- it was so hard to fit everything into the dash. 😭

Sponsored

lordtygr

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for posting that breakdown of what you did. Were you trying to go for an amazing sound system? I'd be happy with something on par with the Alpine premium package.
No. Not trying to be amazing. Just better than what was there. Especially with tops removed, etc. if i were trying for amazing, i’d go with components vs coaxial, an amp or two, Digital signal processor, and a whole new sound bar or under seat enclosure.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
I did my install today as well. My backup camera works. Unfortunately my GPS antenna does not. I also hate the idea of taking it off- it was so hard to fit everything into the dash. 😭
No issues with my cam or GPS antenna. Yep, pulling it out once it's in is a drag, but you get better at it over time 😉. I've had that part of my dash apart so many times (adding things) I should take out the clips and install Velcro 😁.

MadFoodScientist

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm a bit confused on how to add additional cameras to the Heigh10 (I could not find any instructions on it). When I spoke to Stinger, they said I needed to use the 10 pin connector that has 3 RCA inputs. After hanging up and looking through the box, I found the connector. I do not see any power on these connectors- how do I wire the cameras up to get power? Also, there is a plug on the connector that is labeled pac link- do I need to plug this in somewhere?

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
In case anyone is wondering, I updated the firmware (Stinger UN1810 Update 02-24-21) today without incident. 👍

lordtygr

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm a bit confused on how to add additional cameras to the Heigh10 (I could not find any instructions on it). When I spoke to Stinger, they said I needed to use the 10 pin connector that has 3 RCA inputs. After hanging up and looking through the box, I found the connector. I do not see any power on these connectors- how do I wire the cameras up to get power? Also, there is a plug on the connector that is labeled pac link- do I need to plug this in somewhere?
i remember seeing a pair of wires (red and black) labeled "camera power =/- " i don't remember where on the harnesses they are though.

good news/bad news for myself. got everything in and buttoned up. added siriusxm and got it set up. got all the firmwares updated. Almost everything seemed to work fine. no carplay and my steering wheel controls work but i can't customize them. In fact the UI for that portion looks very different from what the pics look like in the manual. tried calling tech support around 5pm my time (6pm est) and was on hold for 15 minutes before i was directed to leave a message and they would return my call. once it passed 6pm my time, and i hadn't heard back, i gave up hope of having carplay this weekend. wish they'd have someone on duty for the weekend as that's when most DIY'ers are going to be tackling it. it mostly works though. i can get thru another weekend.

Sponsored

lordtygr

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
ok. so, got all my issues sorted out. i have car play and as expected use of my USB ports. although i was certain i had properly plugged the USB cables into the unit. i didn't have the unit itself right side up when i plugged them in, so they still ended up backwards, lmao! i don't know if/how it was related but after fixing the USB ports, i noticed i had the PAC SWC option show up. so i was also able to get my controls customized how i like. now all that's left are Feature requests, lol!! @Mike - Stinger Off-Road any chance we could set up a custom boot screen? possibly animated? ;)

otherwise, overall happy! definitely better than my 5" or even my pioneer!! I'll get some pics up soon!

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
ok. so, got all my issues sorted out. i have car play and as expected use of my USB ports. although i was certain i had properly plugged the USB cables into the unit. i didn't have the unit itself right side up when i plugged them in, so they still ended up backwards, lmao! i don't know if/how it was related but after fixing the USB ports, i noticed i had the PAC SWC option show up. so i was also able to get my controls customized how i like. now all that's left are Feature requests, lol!! @Mike - Stinger Off-Road any chance we could set up a custom boot screen? possibly animated? ;)

otherwise, overall happy! definitely better than my 5" or even my pioneer!! I'll get some pics up soon!
Hey Tyson,
Glad you were able to get it fixed! There is no way to upload a custom startup screen, only the background image.

Tortfeasor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Attorney
In case anyone is wondering, I updated the firmware (Stinger UN1810 Update 02-24-21) today without incident. 👍
Did you install the version 14 PAC update first? I'm following the instructions but no matter which USB port I use I get "file not found"

Tortfeasor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Attorney
So I called support. To update the PAC I apparently have to disassemble my dash each time and plug in a windows computer even though the instruction manual says I can use a flash drive. I'm already starting to hate this thing with a buggy backup cam. Now I have to disassemble every single time I have to update the thing. PAC's website has software that you supposedly use for such a function but it does not actually download. Just takes me to another menu to select the software, which does not exist on the menu.

I'm seriously considering sending mine back and getting an alpine unit. I don't have time to be a beta tester.

Tortfeasor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Attorney
I did for mine. No issues. And this was while i still had the usb cables plugged in wrong. I would Double check that it actually got written to the drive, that its in the root directory, and that the drive is fat32.

I tried two different flash drives clean formatted to fat32, downloaded the file on two different computers. No dice.
Sponsored