First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I tried two different flash drives clean formatted to fat32, downloaded the file on two different computers. No dice.
Sorry. I was thinking the about the wrong update. As you said, you have to do the update directly via pc. Yes it sucks disassembling the dash again. But ive gotten so good at it by this point, its no big deal. As far as being able to download, dont use chrome. I had to use IE. Dunno what it is about chrome that wont let you download it. Its not the firsttime ive had similar issues with chrome lately.
Sponsored

lordtygr

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Also, alpine or insane will probably not be much better, if they use any kind of standalone interface. Like my pioneer used a Maestro module. And all updates necessitated disassembly to updatie the module

Tortfeasor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Attorney
Sorry. I was thinking the about the wrong update. As you said, you have to do the update directly via pc. Yes it sucks disassembling the dash again. But ive gotten so good at it by this point, its no big deal. As far as being able to download, dont use chrome. I had to use IE. Dunno what it is about chrome that wont let you download it. Its not the firsttime ive had similar issues with chrome lately.
Internet explorer worked and I'm all updated. Wasn't as bad as I thought as you only have to take the screen off. Thanks for your help.

On another note. I find it annoying that the steering wheel controls cannot be programmed like factory unless I'm missing something. The left had up and down switches through presets and the center changes band. On factory that was channels up and down while the middle button cycled thru presets. I'm not so worried about the cycling thru presets. But I would like to channel up and down on SiriusXM. But don't see the ability to assign to a button. Anyone able to do this? Or can this be an option for a future update?

IMG_20210322_141108__01.jpg

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
Did you install the version 14 PAC update first? I'm following the instructions but no matter which USB port I use I get "file not found"
No, I did not do the PAC update.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Internet explorer worked and I'm all updated. Wasn't as bad as I thought as you only have to take the screen off. Thanks for your help.

On another note. I find it annoying that the steering wheel controls cannot be programmed like factory unless I'm missing something. The left had up and down switches through presets and the center changes band. On factory that was channels up and down while the middle button cycled thru presets. I'm not so worried about the cycling thru presets. But I would like to channel up and down on SiriusXM. But don't see the ability to assign to a button. Anyone able to do this? Or can this be an option for a future update?

Jeep Gladiator Stinger Off Road 10” Radio Replacement IMG_20210322_141108__01
Hey Jason,
Happy to hear you got it updated! The steering wheel controls should function the same for XM as they do for FM. They can also be customized to control a ton of different options by programming them within advanced settings using the installer passcode include with the manual. Call back if you have any questions, we are happy to help!

Sponsored

Tortfeasor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Attorney
Hey Jason,
Happy to hear you got it updated! The steering wheel controls should function the same for XM as they do for FM. They can also be customized to control a ton of different options by programming them within advanced settings using the installer passcode include with the manual. Call back if you have any questions, we are happy to help!
I'm gonna have to call you on that one. Because I can't for the life of me figure that part out.

Tortfeasor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Attorney
Hey Jason,
These are the only options I have for button assignments the track up and down goes up and down my preset list. If I press and hold on FM radio it will seek to the next station even though it's unassigned in the settings. Pressing and holding in XM causes it to change channels very quickly but I can't simply go up one channel. I tried assigning the track up and down to a long press and leaving the short press unassigned to replicate the behavior on a long press but it does not work.

IMG_20210322_180621.jpg

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Important Notes
We recommend reading this manual thoroughly to familiarize yourself with the entire process
1. Does Not Retain:.
Uconnect Features
• Uconnect Access Remote Start / Lock / Unlock • SOS / Assist
2. 3.
If I am reading this correctly the Remote Start/Lock/Unlock will no longer be available. Ouch, very important functions on my list. Show stopper :(.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
If I am reading this correctly the Remote Start/Lock/Unlock will no longer be available. Ouch, very important functions on my list. Show stopper :(.
I think that's saying if you use Uconnect/SiriusXM Guardian to remotely start, unlock, and lock your vehicle. I don't think it affects the keyfob at all.

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
I think that's saying if you use Uconnect/SiriusXM Guardian to remotely start, unlock, and lock your vehicle. I don't think it affects the keyfob at all.
Hmm, the question is if Stinger replaces\removes the Uconnect\XM Guardian receiver. If it does there is no way to contact your vehicle remotely and therefore no remote start/lock/unlock. I am not sure if any of this has to do with the keyfob.

Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Hmm, the question is if Stinger replaces\removes the Uconnect\XM Guardian receiver. If it does there is no way to contact your vehicle remotely and therefore no remote start/lock/unlock. I am not sure if any of this has to do with the keyfob.
Exactly--you might be the first person I've read about that would actually utilize the start/lock/unlock via Uconnect :)

lordtygr

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
This is correct. It only affects the uconnect/sirius. Can confirm remote start via keyfob works.
On that point it works better than anything else so far. Remote starting was a pain with stock and pioneer as they would start up with the truck. And i would manually have to pair my phone. Stinger doesn’t boot until you’re in and push the button.

mike921921

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
This is correct. It only affects the uconnect/sirius. Can confirm remote start via keyfob works.
On that point it works better than anything else so far. Remote starting was a pain with stock and pioneer as they would start up with the truck. And i would manually have to pair my phone. Stinger doesn’t boot until you’re in and push the button.
I've had a Stinger for months now. The fob works as normal, no change.

MartinIT

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
casaalgarrobo.eu
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Exactly--you might be the first person I've read about that would actually utilize the start/lock/unlock via Uconnect :)
:) I use my truck to get to the places and then am off: skiing, trekking, MTBing, climbing, ..... Often times it is cold or rainy or it snows or it blows when I am getting back. Remote start via phone app gets me right into a cozy and warm truck - love it.

smurraybhm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 High Altitude
Occupation
University Admin
As do I, can start it a few minutes before leave the office for the night and its ready for the trip home. Used it a few times to make sure I didn't leave it unlocked heading into the office early in the morning (no coffee yet), and using Alexa to start it as I put the tie on before leaving the house is really convenient.

Does the Stinger cause you to lose the SOS, airbag deployed and help features? As I get older I admit having the ability to push a button to get help is appealing. Only reason I would renew service once my 12 month trial ends. The thought of it being appealing scares the crap out of me because I always thought the "help I've fallen" med alert commercials were silly. Changing times.
Sponsored