First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter
Finally after all day messing with the installation of the Stinger in my JT, I got almost everything working.
1. Still cant figure out why my factory rear camera says no signal
2. I purchased the blind spot side camera package but only got the right camera to work. The left says no signal.
3. I hooked up a chrome-cast to the HDMI but I cant get it to play video while in park. I can hear it but the screen shows a warning about not playing video while driving, but I'm in park

Has anyone had these issues and figured out a solution. I already upgraded the Pac to V14
Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Man, your bummin me out, I was poised to order one, but now im starting to back off. I dont want any of the stock things to stop working when I change out my 7inch. I can manage with it, not the best but at least everything is working.

SWFLGladiator

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Same as above. I was looking to pull the trigger in this, seems like I should hold off.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Finally after all day messing with the installation of the Stinger in my JT, I got almost everything working.
2. I purchased the blind spot side camera package but only got the right camera to work. The left says no signal.
3. I hooked up a chrome-cast to the HDMI but I cant get it to play video while in park. I can hear it but the screen shows a warning about not playing video while driving, but I'm in park

Has anyone had these issues and figured out a solution. I already upgraded the Pac to V14
Hey Pedro,
Give us a call and we can help troubleshoot. It could be as simple as activating each camera in the settings. (727) 732-3114

Thank you,

Luky6868

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter
Well after spending the better half of my day on the phone with tech support I got everything to work except the factory rearview camera. After troubleshooting everything with the tech, he came to the conclusion that the HD1 module is bad. He told me since they are currently sold out of them the only solution would be I ship the module back to them and they attempt to fix it and ship it back to me.

Im not sure if I want to keep the stinger now.
1. It took about 2 hours to get all the cables packed inside the dash to be able to get the stinger in.
2. Having paid full price for the stinger and having to get a refurbished HD1 module dont sound like a good deal.
3. Then having to take the dash apart again to install the HD1 and hope it works doesnt sound like a fun time.

I guess ill take the weekend to decided.

Sponsored

Luky6868

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter
Just a follow up to my experience with Stinger off road heigh10 unit. Long read but worth doing before dropping 2k on a unit.

If you are thinking of upgrading to the Stinger Off-road system JUST DON'T DO IT!!!!!
There is better choices out there.

I ended up having a horrible experience with them. As you can see from my previous post, I was having issues during install with certain features not working
It took me all day to install the unit for several reasons
1. At first I wasn't getting any power to the screen. After a couple of back and forth with tech support we were able to figure out the issue.
2. Then my reverse camera was not working. So again I had to get on the phone with tech support and after 3 hours of back and forth with tech support they told me that the RPA-HD1 module had a faulty connection. They said my only choice would be for me to ship the RPA-HD1 to them and they would repair it and send it back to me.
Since that was my only choice that is what I did. I finished connecting the rest of the unit and after 2 hours of trying to get all the cables into the dash I was able to install the radio and then ship them back the HD1.
Two days later I get an email back from tech support that they will not be able to repair the unit because its the HDMI input thats bad and they have no way to repair it.
They said my only option is to ship everything back to them and once they receive it they will give me a refund.
That means I have to uninstall everything including the 2 side cameras I purchased with my unit. Since I already sold my OEM unit, I would have to let the person who purchased it know that I will no longer be selling it to him.
The biggest problem I am running into is that since the Stinger unit comes with a bunch of extra cables and modules, I had to cut some of the RCA cables from the harness that I wasn't using so I could actually fit in into the dash. So I'm sure they will use that as an excuse not to give me a full refund for it.
4. I also found out that my steering wheel controls are not working either and the unit freezes on me every once in a while so I have to turn the Jeep off and back on to have it work again. It really sucks when it happens on the freeway and I have to pull over just to turn my jeep off and on. Good luck using the apple car-play to make or receive phone calls. The person on the other end of the call cant hear you.

My biggest disappointment is that this could have all been avoided with some good customer service. I Understand electronics can go bad but all they had to do was help me find a solution. Something simple like offering me a discount and whenever they get a module back in stock they would exchange it for me. I may have even excepted an aftermarket reverse camera, but they basically told me to go kick rocks and if I wasn't happy I could just return everything. If thats how a company does business I cant see how they could stay in business much longer.
I know this is a long rant but I felt this is something the Jeep community should know before dropping 2k on a head unit thats going to give them so many issues and a company who isn't concerned with providing good costumer service. The unit does have some good features but they are not worth all glitches it has.

You are more then welcome to message me if you want more information

Joey_espo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Joseph!
It looks like the interface will need to be updated to Firmware 14.
You will need to connect a micro USB directly to the CH4A-JW18 module in the dash to update it.
  1. https://pac-audio.com/firmware-updates/
  2. Under "select a product" choose the SRK-JW18EH
  3. Then download both the RadioPRO software and the v14 firmware file for the JW18
  4. Install the RadioPRO app on the PC (will not work with a Mac or Chromebook) and connect the CH4A-JW18 to the computer. Open RadioPRO and choose update. Reference the v14 firmware file downloaded
  5. Do not disconnect the unit until you get the "update completed" message, even if the progress bar is all the way across and doesn't appear to be doing anything more. *Very important
If you run into any issues, feel free to give us a call at 727-592-5991.
1651509342023.jpeg

Thank you,
I’m back up and running thanks!

Joey_espo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Well after spending the better half of my day on the phone with tech support I got everything to work except the factory rearview camera. After troubleshooting everything with the tech, he came to the conclusion that the HD1 module is bad. He told me since they are currently sold out of them the only solution would be I ship the module back to them and they attempt to fix it and ship it back to me.

Im not sure if I want to keep the stinger now.
1. It took about 2 hours to get all the cables packed inside the dash to be able to get the stinger in.
2. Having paid full price for the stinger and having to get a refurbished HD1 module dont sound like a good deal.
3. Then having to take the dash apart again to install the HD1 and hope it works doesnt sound like a fun time.

I guess ill take the weekend to decided.
I just did this, the module was shipped back very fast and resolved the problem. I re located the module from where the audio shop placed it to abound any bent connections…so far I’m back up 100%

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Mine works perfect. Its gone into its second vehicle. The carplay works fantastic.

Everything works but Sirius because i dont want to buy the module or pay the monthly cost.

I replaced all of the speakers with Kicker KSC and with some EQ work crossover settings and time alignment it sounds amazing! The stinger unit pushes way way more power than the factory head unit and being able to cut out the bass from the mids works lovely.

Great unit. I am going to add some additional cameras in a couple months.

Acill

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Occupation
Government
If you start the jeep in the garage where SiriusXM can't get a signal it will display 'No Signal' at the top of the screen and that pop up will get stuck there, I have found no way to clear it even after it gets the signal when you pull out of the garage. To get rid of it, you have to turn off the jeep and reboot outside where the antenna has a clear view of the sky from the get go. Also, related to SiriusXM, it will not pull in the radio station logos, it just shows a generic SXM logo where the station graphic should be. I've been working with customer support on the 'No Signal' pop up and the station logo issue. So far to trouble shoot, we've done the following to non avail: double checked the firmware version, used the reset button on the front of the radio, pulled the radio back out and unplug the main vehicle harness for 30 sec or so then reconnect, unplug and plug back in the siriusXM tuner, reset the RadioPro module.
2017 Tacoma owner here with this system installed. I like it so far but we also seem to suffer from this problem. I found this site and your post searching for a resolution to it. Called Stinger and the support person I spoke with said he hadent heard of this, but clearly I am not alone. Another issue I have discovered is my wife's S21 Ultra phone doesnt seem to work with it. Android Auto starts for a split second and it goes off when you plug in. Cable doesnt matter, we have tested several.

Good unit otherwise that I enjoy over my OEM system.

Sponsored

Joey_espo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
It took me some trial and error but I figured out how to get the blind spot cameras to work with the heigh 10… check out my shirt you tube video

Tortoise788

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
Does anybody have experience with have this HU and getting caught with the top off in the rain. I go topless most of the summer and get caught in the occasional NY rainstorm. Id hate to spend the money and end up frying this. The Alpine unit looks nice but i really dont want to spend that much.

shrek4224

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JK 2021 Jeep Gladiator
I read earlier, can't find it again, that someone had the same problem I'm having. When I connect the various PAC modules to my Surface Pro Pac RadioPro still says disconected. tried multiple usb cables, even left it plugged in at the gladiator and brought my surface to it but nothing works. I know I need to update because I do not have all the camera settings. Help please
Sponsored