First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So you don't have to use a separate external microphone? It works with the mic's already in the truck?

Tim
no. The unit has its own built in microphone. That’s what i use as well. Has worked fine for me.
Sponsored

glady8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
This could be resolved with a firmware update on the CH4A-JW18 module itself if you only updated the HEIGH10.
Go to Advanced Vehicle Features > Installer Settings and check that v14 is installed on the module.
If you have already done that or continue to have issues, give us a call at (727) 732-3114 and we can troubleshoot with you.
"This could be resolved with a firmware update on the CH4A-JW18 module itself " Is this the PAC?

glady8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
So you don't have to use a separate external microphone? It works with the mic's already in the truck?

Tim
there is a mic built in on the unit. I use that...

Tim

there is one built into the unit. I use that…

BD1BC84E-C7C2-4C4E-B05A-4A960D33B652.jpeg

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ Rubicon, 2020 JT Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Automotive Electronics

Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
I had this on my 2020 gladiator and will be moving it to my new 2022 gladiator. @Mike - Stinger Off-Road the new gladiator has remote start and uconnect and sirius guardian.

What needs to be done to retain uconnect remote start and sirius guardian and sirus xm?

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does the heigh 10 integreate with the spxsh440 100 amp switch hub?

I see it can connect to the powersport head unit.

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
I had this on my 2020 gladiator and will be moving it to my new 2022 gladiator. @Mike - Stinger Off-Road the new gladiator has remote start and uconnect and sirius guardian.

What needs to be done to retain uconnect remote start and sirius guardian and sirus xm?
Does the heigh 10 integreate with the spxsh440 100 amp switch hub?

I see it can connect to the powersport head unit.
To add SiriusXM to the HEIGH10, the factory antenna will be retained. You will just need to purchase the SXV300v1 tuner to add SiriusXM to your HEIGH10. SiriusXM can also be streamed via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Uconnect is a feature of the factory radio and will not be retained.
The SwitchHub SPXSH440 is not compatible with the HEIGH10. However, this can be used as a solid state relay for any toggle switches you install.

Hope this helps!

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To add SiriusXM to the HEIGH10, the factory antenna will be retained. You will just need to purchase the SXV300v1 tuner to add SiriusXM to your HEIGH10. SiriusXM can also be streamed via Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Uconnect is a feature of the factory radio and will not be retained.
The SwitchHub SPXSH440 is not compatible with the HEIGH10. However, this can be used as a solid state relay for any toggle switches you install.

Hope this helps!
Mike you guys should look into integrating it into the stinger. People are regularly spending 350-450$ on aux switches and if you included it with a whip to connect it would a huge selling point over any other solution.

glady8or

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
My camera has been finicky since day 1. Including on the factory head unit. It will randomly decide not to work but it usually comes back after a restart. Part of the reason I upgraded. I thought it was in the crappy 5” mopar unit and that upgrading would fix the issue. Neither the pioneer with the maestro interface not the stinger has fixed it. So it must be something with the cam. Unfortunately, since I upgraded I don’t believe the dealership will fix under warranty as they will likely blame the stinger and im not gonna un/reinstall again, lmao.
After much frustration I just pulled the radio fuse and plugged it back in…problem resolved 🙄

Sponsored

Fermy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport
Are these units good with water? I was been eyeballing it for a while but I don't know how well they play with water and I'm surprised there is no wireless CP/AA.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are these units good with water? I was been eyeballing it for a while but I don't know how well they play with water and I'm surprised there is no wireless CP/AA.
The display seems the same as factory and the electronic "hardware" is behind the dash. Water could definitely ruin these but splashing or mist is fine. If the top of your dash gets soaked it will be a problem. The unit has no IP rating and the electronics are wide open inside the dash.

Joey_espo

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have luck updating? My backup camera stopped working, I hooked up my stock radio and the camera is fine. Seems to be a issue with the pac hdmi part. I’m looking at pacs website and did the overall jeep specific update, but was told the “ CH4A-JW18 interface” also needs to be updated

FE2F6380-370B-467F-8B17-0EBDD1670347.jpeg

C6A61A57-30F7-4D4F-9AF5-5620E258CA01.jpeg

EDC33726-4694-4053-808B-8CB8145E0D36.jpeg

D4644177-EB36-4585-8AD7-4808675130A9.jpeg

BD8445CF-8088-4C59-86AB-F95FEF5C0BE8.jpeg

Mike - Stinger Off-Road

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
stingeroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Automotive Electronics
Anyone have luck updating? My backup camera stopped working, I hooked up my stock radio and the camera is fine. Seems to be a issue with the pac hdmi part. I’m looking at pacs website and did the overall jeep specific update, but was told the “ CH4A-JW18 interface” also needs to be updated
Hey Joseph!
It looks like the interface will need to be updated to Firmware 14.
You will need to connect a micro USB directly to the CH4A-JW18 module in the dash to update it.
  1. https://pac-audio.com/firmware-updates/
  2. Under "select a product" choose the SRK-JW18EH
  3. Then download both the RadioPRO software and the v14 firmware file for the JW18
  4. Install the RadioPRO app on the PC (will not work with a Mac or Chromebook) and connect the CH4A-JW18 to the computer. Open RadioPRO and choose update. Reference the v14 firmware file downloaded
  5. Do not disconnect the unit until you get the "update completed" message, even if the progress bar is all the way across and doesn't appear to be doing anything more. *Very important
If you run into any issues, feel free to give us a call at 727-592-5991.
Jeep Gladiator Stinger Off Road 10” Radio Replacement 1651509342023

Thank you,
Sponsored