Stock Jeep Support Group

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jk rubicon hard rock 2dr ,2020 jt gladiator
Rocksalt -do those stick out past the flares?

I'm in a bit of a dilemma with this thread. I heavily modded my TJ as I used it offroading and amateur rockcrawling. My wifes TJ was mostly stock

The Overland we picked up is hers. There will be no planned offroading to a park or anything. BUT....even though it's brand new and still looks good, I KNOW I'll get the itch sooner or later.

I have the auto and 3.73s - so not sure what diameter will start affecting the gearing/speed. Also - during the winter, I don't want to rooster-tail salt spray all over the side of the Jeep - so I'd like to keep the width of the tire undercover of the fender flare.

Any info on this would help.
Doesn’t anybody use mud flaps anymore, I made a set for mine, they don’t look the greatest but they did the job, I just purchased some big truck flaps on amazon, sold by the pair , and I can get 4 new ones from that. Make a cardboard template to go by.
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Confession: I installed a lift, wheels, and tires on my last Jeep. I enjoyed the way it drove and it’s off road capability despite the compromises in gas mileage and acceleration.

For my JTR, I would like to keep it stock but need emotional support.

1. I need to tow, and do not want to give up any power/torque on large wheels/tires.

2. I need to save the money.

3. My Jeeps have a history of breaking, and I would like to have warranty service without trouble. Already had a bad steering box and failing rear axle locker.

4. My stock Rubi is already very capable off road.

Oh look at those big tires...

Steady. Focus. It’s fine the way it is...

Again, I need help.
For the same reasons in bold, I want to leave mine stock, for now. Mainly I love how the JT can get through spots without having giant tires sticking out. Stock to me is what COULD be achieved through buying factory and swapping out parts from other trims, and not changing the suspension or enginge with aftermarket stuff
My JT is a Sport Max Tow that has had the following added/changed:
Rubicon bumper, rock rails, and fender flares
35" tires on stock wheels.

It has kept up with the more modded/lifted rigs on the trails and incurred no damage (yet) aside from skid plate scrapes and pinstripes.

As for towing, well we'll see how that goes. The Mopar trailer brake controller still isn't in, I heard. And there is a fellow towing a 6800lb 31ft camping trailer across trails, 5000 miles worth of driving, with his Max Tow on 35s.

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the same reasons in bold, I want to leave mine stock, for now. Mainly I love how the JT can get through spots without having giant tires sticking out. Stock to me is what COULD be achieved through buying factory and swapping out parts from other trims, and not changing the suspension or enginge with aftermarket stuff

It has kept up with the more modded/lifted rigs on the trails and incurred no damage (yet) aside from skid plate scrapes and pinstripes.
I live in Maine, snow, salt and sand on the roads, mine is stock on factory wheels and tires , that is why I run flaps.

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What does that have to do with my post? I didn't talk about mud flaps
Doesn’t anybody use mud flaps anymore, I made a set for mine, they don’t look the greatest but they did the job, I just purchased some big truck flaps on amazon, sold by the pair , and I can get 4 new ones from that. Make a cardboard template to go by.
sorry that was supposed to go to sportsbiz

As for towing, well we'll see how that goes. The Mopar trailer brake controller still isn't in, I heard. And there is a fellow towing a 6800lb 31ft camping trailer across trails, 5000 miles worth of driving, with his Max Tow on 35s.
What does that have to do with my post? I didn't talk about mud f
sorry wrong person

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Im still stock, but ive only had mine for half a week and maybe 200 miles now.
I plan to change stuff eventually, but minimal at first.

With that said, anyone doing trails on the stock AT Bridgestone Duelers? Not sure ive seen anyone mention it or any threads about it.
I have done couple trails with the duelers. More sand and woodsy trails than rocks. For me they've done just fine at stock tire pressure.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Eugene you said I was good, so the boxes showing for a Mojave in transit somewhere are not a problem....mud flaps for front, door sills, rsi cap (in october), yakima roof rack for surf rods and kayaks, Rustys control arm skid plates , front receiver hitch mounted surf rod cooler rack and the biggest Stock Fail of all a shorter antenna! So I’m still s stocker COOL! Pics of my current surf buggy!.....jack

Jeep Gladiator Stock Jeep Support Group 4FC8F041-5E96-43C2-AF28-708D3EB69899

Jeep Gladiator Stock Jeep Support Group F80E77DA-4217-4DEC-9B3A-7575EB99AC0A

betsy

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eugene you said I was good, so the boxes showing for a Mojave in transit somewhere are not a problem....mud flaps for front, door sills, rsi cap (in october), yakima roof rack for surf rods and kayaks, Rustys control arm skid plates , front receiver hitch mounted surf rod cooler rack and the biggest Stock Fail of all a shorter antenna! So I’m still s stocker COOL! Pics of my current surf buggy!.....jack

Looks great, wish I was there

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
Im still stock, but ive only had mine for half a week and maybe 200 miles now.
I plan to change stuff eventually, but minimal at first.

With that said, anyone doing trails on the stock AT Bridgestone Duelers? Not sure ive seen anyone mention it or any threads about it.
I've done quite a few logging/fire roads and they do fine. Little mud was no problem...I don't think I'd try deep mud with them

TarheelJohnny

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Account Executive
stock sport s.. swapped out factory tires fof BFG AT 285 70 R 17. added nfab hoop steps, srubby antenna
Very nice.... my Sport S is also white.... But are those factory wheels? And did you have to make any mods to put on the 285's... my Sport S has the tech silver styled wheels (which I thought were stock but now not so sure...)

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I can't figure a good reason to leave a Jeep stock. especially a Gladiator since their looks stock are quite...questionable.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I can't figure a good reason to leave a Jeep stock. especially a Gladiator since their looks stock are quite...questionable.
It's very different though if you leave a Rubicon stock versus a base model. Everything about it from looks to ability is already "modded" on the Rubicon. Also everyone has different ideas of what a mod is...I don't think that adding a winch and some interior hand straps are "mods" but I bet someone else does.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Stock Mojave, but Rough Country contoured steps and Rockblokz front flaps found their way on! Eight hundred foot stone driveway up a hill to my house, figured wouldn’t be much paint left without flaps, steps were actually a weight savings over factory sliders and my best friend(my 5’ wife)can get in easily!........Jack
Jeep Gladiator Stock Jeep Support Group 21345721-BF64-49F9-8851-C4007CB111F8
Jeep Gladiator Stock Jeep Support Group 4344DC8F-8A76-4EBC-8803-62BDA14B600C
Jeep Gladiator Stock Jeep Support Group 4A39764F-BFDD-46F6-81E8-5A2F018D0AFC
I’m

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
It's very different though if you leave a Rubicon stock versus a base model. Everything about it from looks to ability is already "modded" on the Rubicon. Also everyone has different ideas of what a mod is...I don't think that adding a winch and some interior hand straps are "mods" but I bet someone else does.
A winch most certainly is.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Like I said, everyone will have different definitions. I don't consider most bolt-ons to be "mods." When we have these conversations, we have to be aware that people have different assumptions.
Sponsored