First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys , 1993 F-150 Off Road RC SB
Occupation
Retired Mailman
Had considered a basic Sport until I did some extended test drives with different trims.
Quickly found power windows/locks was something I did not want to do without.

Having a sot top and running it open when ever I can, I would not want to go without power windows.
I am always "tuning" the windows for noise/wind, particularly the back ones when the roof is open.
Doing that with cranks is a pain and impossible to do on the fly.

In general lack of power locks was also a pain, as we do use all 4 doors a lot even when its just my wife and myself going shopping. We open the back doors a lot.

Beyond that, the upgraded Proximity locks is the only thing I wish I had got.
Initially I was going to get the base model with no options because money . Was even going to get white because I didn't want to pay for a color ! Couldn't find anything
close on a lot and I couldn't order because we needed it by Sept . So glad I stepped up and got
a pretty well loaded Willys . Had to sell three "classic" trucks to help pay for it but it was worth it .

The "tuning" the rear windows is huge . Also wanted the proximity locks and will order the kit when
it's not on backorder .
Sponsored

COmtnbiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ; 2022 Sport S JT
Had considered a basic Sport until I did some extended test drives with different trims.
Quickly found power windows/locks was something I did not want to do without.

Having a sot top and running it open when ever I can, I would not want to go without power windows.
I am always "tuning" the windows for noise/wind, particularly the back ones when the roof is open.
Doing that with cranks is a pain and impossible to do on the fly.

In general lack of power locks was also a pain, as we do use all 4 doors a lot even when its just my wife and myself going shopping.

Beyond that, the upgraded Proximity locks is the only thing I wish I had got.
You can add proximity... I saw another thread where you can add proximity handles for say $350'ish. Definitely worth looking

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I didn't order the aux switches and I think I will regret it one day. Its a cheap option too.

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
You can add proximity... I saw another thread where you can add proximity handles for say $350'ish. Definitely worth looking
Yea, I have seen that it can be added after the fact.
I need to look into it more.
In the end I still wish I had bought one with it already done.

JTpoor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Tyrant
Buying soon and know the dealership owner through work so am not worried about getting a good deal but am wondering what I shouldn’t miss when buying. Looking at a Sport with hard top, trailer tow package, spray bedliner, 8-speed transmission, trac-loc differential and heavy floor mats. I really don’t need much, if anything else as this will mainly be on the pavement going to work and back. He suggested maybe upgrading tires and wheels but if they seem too expensive, I’ll do that later. Sticker is $41K, posted price is $37K, not sure yet what he’s going to charge me.
All that said, is there anything you suggest adding or regret not getting when you bought? I’m not a fancy guy and don’t even mind the crank windows ;), my wife looked at me like I had lost my mind when I told her it came with cranks.

My first post and I’m reading a lot with lots more to go so if this has been covered, I apologize but need to move rather quickly. A woman tore the front end off my car and we weren’t planning for a new car purchase! Cheers.
I had a 2020 Base model Sport with the crank windows and no power door locks which was ok. Sold it to Carvana and decided to step up to the Sport S and was really surprised on how much better the Sport S is than the Base Sport. I might be 100% wrong, but I think the Sport S seats are more firm, the power windows power door locks are a huge upgrade and the 7" radio and interface is soo much better than the 5" standard one in the base Sport. Well worth the cost. The only other things I thought were no brainers were a hard top and the max tow just for the gearing upgrade alone if you think you may step up to larger tires.

Sponsored

badger719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I ordered a base Sport since the following:

(A) this is going to be a weekend/fun vehicle. I won't be driving it every day and when I do I will be the only person in the vehicle 99% of the time.

(B) wanted to keep my payments as low as possible, just on principle of it being a secondary vehicle.

(C) Most likely will not be going past 33s or 35s for tire size and I rarely tow much so Max Tow was out for me.

I test drove a base Sport before ordering and tried out the manual locks/windows. The windows def don't bother me at all and I can add power locks after the fact if it really annoys me that much. I did add hardtop and aux switches since the latter was such a cheap add on and I will be doing lights and a winch.

OP
OP

clubmanager

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks everyone. I ended up doing the deal as described above for a host of reasons, not the least of which is this what I can get, what I can afford and will drive quickly. I'm in a pinch so this is the best scenario I could come up with on short notice.
I will add the aux panel for sure and beyond that, will pick away at what I can and what I want as time/money allow....things like rims, tires, underseat storage, etc.
So I apologize to anyone who told me to do some things that just aren't feasible given the situation; I don't mean to ignore your input and once the dust settles, and I find I want more, I'll deal with that. I'm getting the rig at a significant discount so feel it won't hurt me too much on the downside.

Meanwhile, I'll stay tuned to the forums for suggestions, ideas, ongoing builds, etc. for ideas! It's y first Jeep in about 30 years after owning Landcruisers and FJ Cruisers almost entirely during the years. Thanks again y'all.

BMac316

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Thanks everyone. I ended up doing the deal as described above for a host of reasons, not the least of which is this what I can get, what I can afford and will drive quickly. I'm in a pinch so this is the best scenario I could come up with on short notice.
I will add the aux panel for sure and beyond that, will pick away at what I can and what I want as time/money allow....things like rims, tires, underseat storage, etc.
So I apologize to anyone who told me to do some things that just aren't feasible given the situation; I don't mean to ignore your input and once the dust settles, and I find I want more, I'll deal with that. I'm getting the rig at a significant discount so feel it won't hurt me too much on the downside.

Meanwhile, I'll stay tuned to the forums for suggestions, ideas, ongoing builds, etc. for ideas! It's y first Jeep in about 30 years after owning Landcruisers and FJ Cruisers almost entirely during the years. Thanks again y'all.
Congrats on the new gladiator… must be nice to be able to go to the dealer and then get right behind the wheel and drive it off the lot. I ordered mine back in June and still don’t even have a build date or anything, just a whole lot of (impatiently) waiting.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
The aux switches are soooooo nice. Even an idiot like me can hook up cool new things that work at the touch of a button. Ahhhh
Sponsored