Sponsored

Sunrider for hardtop question

chuckfinley79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
So there’s a lot of opinions in other threads, but I figured I’d make it official: Can I run my sunrider for hardtop without the hardtop? If so do I have to keep it closed (like a bikini top) or can I open it? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
So there’s a lot of opinions in other threads, but I figured I’d make it official: Can I run my sunrider for hardtop without the hardtop? If so do I have to keep it closed (like a bikini top) or can I open it? Thanks in advance.
I know you asked the bestop team but I will give you my real world experience... yes you can run the sunrider without the hardtop. And... you can have it closed or open... your choice.

There is a catch though ... The sunrider is designed to lay itself on the weather stripping on the hard top. When the hard top is off, you no longer have that pressure pressing up on the rear bracket and sunrider. I took a rag and placed it between the back of the sunrider and the sport bar and popped the back bracket in and tightened it down... I never had an issue with it closed or open for several days. I even ran in the interstate without issue.

hope this helps