First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
For me its more about the times I end up sitting at a traffic light, etc....in the middle of July in Florida....that is just brutal ... Going down the road with the wind, etc totally open is fine.

The mesh screen sorta gives best of both worlds...you still get the wind...you still get he open feeling but you do not end up a boiled egg when sitting still.
Sponsored

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland

DaveJT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Our history with the retractable sunshade for the JK has been the opposite. While people said they were very interested it hasn't turned into sales and therefore we're very hesitant to just do it when additional engineering, fitment testing, materials sourcing, etc. make it an expensive gamble to build it and hope they come. The idea of a Kickstarter isn't to fund development but to prove true demand does exist, that customers are truly willing to commit to purchasing, and at a scale that makes sense to bring it to market much more quickly.

Regardless, it's just an idea we're considering so we appreciate the feedback.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I would be in on the Kickstarter. Any progress on that front?

Thanks,
Dave

HopSlammer

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
We have had a prototype for some time. That said, the cost to ramp up tooling, production, and all the supply chain to support a relatively small market right now (for JL and JTs compared to how many JKs are in the market) can be a big financial gamble.

I'll float this out in order to get some initial feedback...

What would you think if we did a few products via Kickstarter? For example we figure out what it would take cost-wise to bring a product to market and if we can get it funded we bring it to market earlier. There might be early backer awards like a discount, bonus item, etc. or different award levels. To get the word out we'd have to promote it well but we'd also need a huge word of mouth out in the community, into clubs, friends and family members.

We've been kicking this around as a possible way to accelerate bringing products to market that we've prototyped. No commitment to going this route but if there is a lot of positive interest it will help us move forward the discussion.

Thoughts?

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

@Anything new to report for
We have had a prototype for some time. That said, the cost to ramp up tooling, production, and all the supply chain to support a relatively small market right now (for JL and JTs compared to how many JKs are in the market) can be a big financial gamble.

I'll float this out in order to get some initial feedback...

What would you think if we did a few products via Kickstarter? For example we figure out what it would take cost-wise to bring a product to market and if we can get it funded we bring it to market earlier. There might be early backer awards like a discount, bonus item, etc. or different award levels. To get the word out we'd have to promote it well but we'd also need a huge word of mouth out in the community, into clubs, friends and family members.

We've been kicking this around as a possible way to accelerate bringing products to market that we've prototyped. No commitment to going this route but if there is a lot of positive interest it will help us move forward the discussion.

Thoughts?

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
I installed my new Sunrider on Friday. We love it! Took a long drive on Saturday, the sky was all sun with no clouds. After 4 hours in the blazing sun, we decided that a compatible screen is definitely the next purchase.

@Bestop: Any update on when your screen will be available for purchase?

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation