Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper

JapanExpress

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Watching this thread...just picked up a Mojave and was planning on doing the Mopar bumper with ends removed and a winch mounted.
Sponsored

GtownTX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Power Wagon, Durango RT, Commander
Occupation
Tech
I upgraded my JTR "Plastic" bumper to the Mopar Steel. The part # for the steel bumper I bought through Jeep is actually the JLR version. It fits the same with the exception of the skid plate. Same issue your having it seems. I took an angle grinder to mine to clear the room then painted it over to prevent rust and such.
Can you show the trimmed version of your skid plate? Did the front bolts go in clean post trimming ? Thanks!

Sponsored

GladiatorJer

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Forester
This past Friday I switched over from my 2015 F150 and 2019 2Dr JL to a Gladiator Mojave edition. As many have, I consolidated to "best of both worlds". In doing so, I removed my mopar steel bumper from the JL to attempt to put it on the Gladiator. I figured I'd post as a reference to the ability to use the mopar steel front on the mojave edition. So here is my quick and dirty summary:

• Yes! The steel bumper fits on the mojave (mostly... more below)
  • All attachment points for the steel bumper are the same
  • Fogs connect the same and work
  • The Mojave comes with it's own steel skid plate to accommodate the shock reservoir, so I did not need to swap the mopar steel skid plate from my JL (which is good, because I didn't need to mess with the extra brackets and nutserts
  • You will need to swap (or paint) the red toe hooks to match the orange of the rest of the truck. It is a bit of a pain to remove the red toe hooks from the steel bumper, but very doable. I swapped them out and all fit fine.
  • Here is the rub. The mojave steel bumper DOES get in the way of the mopar steel bumper slightly. The result is inability to use the bolts on the front two holes. The bottom ones attach normally and securely.

Hope this provides some quick visuals into what you can expect if you choose to put the steel bumper on the mojave. Below are some pictures of the removed mojave factory bumper and skid as well as attachment points for the skid and bumper.

Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 962DA604-CE78-4FF9-8261-69DB9D3D5AF3
Jeep Gladiator Swapping the Mojave plastic bumper with the Mopar steel bumper 962DA604-CE78-4FF9-8261-69DB9D3D5AF3

GladiatorJer

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Forester
So, is it the skid plate that is the problem when mounting the steel bumper on the Mojave, or is it the shock reservoir?

Sponsored

Redwings1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 1971 BB Corvette
Occupation
Sales
I did the swap and you have to trim the Mojave steel skid plate. I trimmed it right at the bend all the way across. I painted it black while I had it off.

Mojave1

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
I did the swap and you have to trim the Mojave steel skid plate. I trimmed it right at the bend all the way across. I painted it black while I had it off.
So were you able to catch all four bolts then? Would you mind snapping a pic?