2020 Gladiator JT Overland

jtforrester

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I installed mine last week and went to the local off road park yesterday. Disconnecting and reconnecting are both super easy compared to traditional quick disconnects--no need to find perfectly level ground, no need to use a rubber hammer to get things on and off, no need to lay in the grass / dirt / rocks / mud / whatever and get your hands muddy and greasy and bring that mess into your Jeep, etc. Disconnecting and reconnecting both take seconds and are easily done. When disconnected they allow full flex and when connected they are solid. I am very happy with this purchase.

I have a Sport S with the Mopar lift with 37s and installed the 10.5 inch stroke Autolynx.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine last week and went to the local off road park yesterday. Disconnecting and reconnecting are both super easy compared to traditional quick disconnects--no need to find perfectly level ground, no need to use a rubber hammer to get things on and off, no need to lay in the grass / dirt / rocks / mud / whatever and get your hands muddy and greasy and bring that mess into your Jeep, etc. Disconnecting and reconnecting both take seconds and are easily done. When disconnected they allow full flex and when connected they are solid. I am very happy with this purchase.

I have a Sport S with the Mopar lift with 37s and installed the 10.5 inch stroke Autolynx.
Good to Hear

I'll be rotating my tires this week so I'll take that opportunity to bolt them on.

Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase

Did you have to cut the fender liner?

jtforrester

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Did you have to cut the fender liner?
I did not have to trim the fender liners. I did reshape them following the instructions I received from Apex (see below). I probably didn't have to reshape them but I went ahead and did while I was installing the disconnects. I used a hair dryer and a trailer hitch ball. It was very easy to do; the factory liners are thin and flexible so it didn't take much heat or pressure to shape them.

From Apex: "Factory liners typically do not need to be trimmed, as the plastic is flexible. That being said, the links should not be hitting the liners in a way that limits travel. If that occurs, you can trim the liners, or use a heat gun and a round object (like a trailer hitch ball) to shape the plastic liner."

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
Ordered the Apex! I think they just updated the website and will be shipping 10/15/21 for those that have been seeing the "coming soon" button.

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a set of the Apex's for a few months and they are easily one of the best mods I've done to my JT. Super simple to use, and seem to be holding up just fine. Definitely 5 stars

1550jrit

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Solver of Problems
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed a set of the 8” Autolynx a few days ago. Super easy install and I did not have to trim my liners or cut the tab. I’m in a Mojave running 37’s and AEV’s 2” lift. To be honest, I probably could have purchased the 10.5” version. There’s another thread on here where some trucks were getting a popping noise from the front following the installation. Not gonna lie, made me hesitant to pull the trigger on them. However, I haven’t gotten any noises. I made sure to loctite and torque everything as directed.

IMG_4568.jpeg

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase