Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have first hand experience long term with the Synergy brace? Hopefully with the newer design (bushing with set screw). My JT drives good even with the aluminum box, but for extended trips it is a little fatiguing. It is not so bad that I want the TSB, but I like the idea of the brace helping as well as providing additional support. Any relevant feedback is welcome. Thanks.
Sponsored

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
You're still under warranty. I'd just go have the TSB done instead, all it'll cost is the gas to the dealership. If still not happy, then try the brace.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I can say that I had the brace on before the TSB and it certainly helped. I took it off to have the TSB done and the improvement from the new steel box is far more than the improvement given by the brace (IMO).

I still have the brace but have not felt the need to reinstall it yet. The jeep still has some wiggle with high winds, but I had a gnarly squeak with it installed so im hesitant to put it back.

Readers digest version....get the TSB done sooner than later. youll be happier than you will with the brace.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
I've had the brace on my JTR since July 2020 and about 13,000mi added. I also have an alloy box with no issues prior to brace but figured I'd go full Synergy up front with my lift and 37's.

I installed the brace the day before my lift went on with OEM wheels and tires still. I felt there was a significant difference even in stock form. As soon as I turned the wheel pulling out the driveway it felt much more responsive and crisp. I'll be the first to admit that I've done mods where I have to talk myself into feeling the benefit but not with the brace. I felt the effects immediately. IMO it's the best upgrade you can make up front for under $300.

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I've had the brace on my JTR since July 2020 and about 13,000mi added. I also have an alloy box with no issues prior to brace but figured I'd go full Synergy up front with my lift and 37's.

I installed the brace the day before my lift went on with OEM wheels and tires still. I felt there was a significant difference even in stock form. As soon as I turned the wheel pulling out the driveway it felt much more responsive and crisp. I'll be the first to admit that I've done mods where I have to talk myself into feeling the benefit but not with the brace. I felt the effects immediately. IMO it's the best upgrade you can make up front for under $300.
Thanks for the thoughtful feedback.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I can say that I had the brace on before the TSB and it certainly helped. I took it off to have the TSB done and the improvement from the new steel box is far more than the improvement given by the brace (IMO).

I still have the brace but have not felt the need to reinstall it yet. The jeep still has some wiggle with high winds, but I had a gnarly squeak with it installed so im hesitant to put it back.

Readers digest version....get the TSB done sooner than later. youll be happier than you will with the brace.
Thanks for the info. I wonder if that squeak was the bronze bushing against the sector shaft nut. It seems the original design (without a set screw) can turn in the unit and misalign the drilled zerk holes, thus not allowing it to be greased routinely. Then once it dries out or gets dirt inside it will make noise, or so i have read on JL forums review.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info. I wonder if that squeak was the bronze bushing against the sector shaft nut. It seems the original design (without a set screw) can turn in the unit and misalign the drilled zerk holes, thus not allowing it to be greased routinely. Then once it dries out or gets dirt inside it will make noise, or so i have read on JL forums review.
Interesting. It seemed well greased when I took it off, but who knows! I may give it another go at some point just to see. probably not until the weather is warner though, forget doing a longer install while its freezing since I have to have the jt half in and half out of the garage.

Perhaps someone can advise if its worth bothering with post TSB fix. I havent seen any posts from folks who put it back on yet.

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Interesting. It seemed well greased when I took it off, but who knows! I may give it another go at some point just to see. probably not until the weather is warner though, forget doing a longer install while its freezing since I have to have the jt half in and half out of the garage.

Perhaps someone can advise if its worth bothering with post TSB fix. I havent seen any posts from folks who put it back on yet.
I took mine off for TSB (my dealership is funny like that) and put it back on after driving a few days without it. I still believe it results in a noticeable improvement.

I didn't realize it at the time, but my first sector shaft brace had the copper ring installed incorrectly and no grease was getting in at all. Every so often it would make some crazy noises turning the wheel and I would pull off the sector shaft brace and reinstall it and it would go away for a while. One day I saw a picture of one on here and it all clicked that mine was not right. I reached out and Synergy sent me a replacement with the newer design and it's been trouble-free since.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I took mine off for TSB (my dealership is funny like that) and put it back on after driving a few days without it. I still believe it results in a noticeable improvement.

I didn't realize it at the time, but my first sector shaft brace had the copper ring installed incorrectly and no grease was getting in at all. Every so often it would make some crazy noises turning the wheel and I would pull off the sector shaft brace and reinstall it and it would go away for a while. One day I saw a picture of one on here and it all clicked that mine was not right. I reached out and Synergy sent me a replacement with the newer design and it's been trouble-free since.
would you mind PMing me pictures of the old one? If you have them that is...it would be nice to know what to look for since mine is currently off. I just assumed I messed up the install.

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Great feedback thanks.

Sponsored

techteacher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT '20 White Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
would you mind PMing me pictures of the old one? If you have them that is...it would be nice to know what to look for since mine is currently off. I just assumed I messed up the install.
In case it's helpful for others. That hole on the inside of the copper ring should be aligned with the zirk.

Jeep Gladiator Synergy Brace Long Term Experience PXL_20200909_213158414

OP
OP
Usethis83

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
In case it's helpful for others. That hole on the inside of the copper ring should be aligned with the zirk.

Exactly. Supposedly the new design has a set screw to keep bronze bushing from indexing and misaligning the grease port.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

Yesss!!!! Thats beyond helpful. Tyvm. Ill check mine when i get home

Side note...apologies to the op for high jacking the thread. I can delete this fluff if youd like

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
I'll add that I have the "set screw" version but have not looked at the hole alignment. I will say that when I apply grease, I do see it ooze out so I assume I'm still aligned.

To that extent, I found myself greasing it when the steering begins to creak or pop as I turn the wheel. A pump or two of grease and it goes away. I try to keep it cleaned and lubed on the regular as it sees a lot of dust and road grime (especially in the winter months) It's not a set-it and forget-it install but the one minute of maintenance required is not a hassle given the benefits of the brace.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Took a look tonight and i believe i have the set screw...though it doesn’t look like it does a lot of anything to me.

i ended up taking out the copper ring and realigning the holes. Ill have to see if it makes a difference.

E94FD203-0B82-4A34-A01D-24924C4A7DD3.jpeg

E31F816D-F3C2-4B2E-93E9-8D456269CCDC.jpeg

AFA98C00-BFAD-4E23-B120-36222C7D748B.jpeg

671F63B2-00B6-4593-9D00-8056B4CADDF5.jpeg

7E97D588-307C-40A9-B221-D4E70F1DA277.jpeg
Sponsored