First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi JTR
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Hey guys, just picked up my Gladiator this past Saturday and noticed this when getting home from work today. Anybody else's adhesive start coming off? I live in Orlando, FL, but it hasn't been getting too hot yet that I'd think this would happen. Seems like the tailgate isn't completely flat, so the 'p' doesn't just lay flush. Is there a certain adhesive I could get at a Home Depot or Lowe's to goop under there and press it back down? Thanks for any help.
MVIMG_20200311_212710.jpg
MVIMG_20200311_175508.jpg
Sponsored

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Take it back to the dealer and make them fix it. Mine was completely stuck on. I know cause I removed it and it didn't just peel off.

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
How hard was it to remove the Jeep letters from the tailgate? I was waiting for the hot Vegas summer to remove mine, if I make up my mind to do so. I agree that if you want the letters, just get the dealership to order new ones and apply them with the factory adhesive.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Ya that double-faced tape is specifically made for that application, not something you can pick up at a hardware store anyway.
Maybe fate is trying to get you to go with the 'Gladiator' tailgate lettering? ;)

HaukOffRoad.PNG

OP
OP
Jeefo

Jeefo

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi JTR
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Yeah, I reached out to my salesman. Should be covered under bumper-to-bumper. So I'll try and get it replaced this weekend.

Ya that double-faced tape is specifically made for that application, not something you can pick up at a hardware store anyway.
Maybe fate is trying to get you to go with the 'Gladiator' tailgate lettering? ;)

HaukOffRoad.PNG
That Gladiator tailgate lettering does look pretty sharp. Where'd you get the letters/easy to install yourself? From looking around, looked like there were a couple tabs under the J and P in the original Jeep letters, so I assume you recovered those.

Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
That Gladiator tailgate lettering does look pretty sharp. Where'd you get the letters/easy to install yourself? From looking around, looked like there were a couple tabs under the J and P in the original Jeep letters, so I assume you recovered those.
That lettering is from Hauk-

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hey guys, just picked up my Gladiator this past Saturday and noticed this when getting home from work today. Anybody else's adhesive start coming off? I live in Orlando, FL, but it hasn't been getting too hot yet that I'd think this would happen. Seems like the tailgate isn't completely flat, so the 'p' doesn't just lay flush. Is there a certain adhesive I could get at a Home Depot or Lowe's to goop under there and press it back down? Thanks for any help.
MVIMG_20200311_212710.jpg
MVIMG_20200311_175508.jpg
Hello Jeefo,
If you decide to get this addressed by your certified dealer, please keep us updated. If you need any additional assistance throughout this process please do not hesitate reaching out to us.
Laura
JeepCares

Kyjeeprealtor

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler, 2020 Gladiator
Yeah it is definitely not easy to remove... I took mine off and also went with the Hauk brand Gladiator badging

Sponsored

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
Is there a Hauk brand Jeep badging with large letters ? I like the Scrambler at the bottom of the tailgate too. Hate the little jeep letters .
Screenshot_20191123-082507_CPlus for Craigslist.jpg

cobra935o

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Hydro, 2004 Porsche 911 40th AE, 1997 Mustang Cobra, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1974 Porsche 911 Targa, 1965 Mustang Fastback.
Occupation
Retired Air Force, AFJROTC Instructor
I really like those big letters as well, does anyone really know if that is paint or just stickers?

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
I really like those big letters as well, does anyone really know if that is paint or just stickers?
If you get close its stickers . Seem to have s bit of a 3D look that helps.
I wish they would stamp them into the metal.
Sponsored