First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare, Business Development
I don't like attaching stickers to my vehicles windows, body panels or bumpers...so, when I recently received my local boat ramp sticker, I decided to attach it to a flexible magnet strip cut to size. Strangely enough, I discovered this does not 'stick' to the tailgate...it works on the rear side panels.

Out of curiosity, what is the tailgate made out of?

I assume it's different from the rest of the metal body panels...based on my magnet not working on it.
Sponsored

fyrefight

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiaor Willys Snazzberry
Occupation
Utility Operator
I don't like attaching stickers to my vehicles windows, body panels or bumpers...so, when I recently received my local boat ramp sticker, I decided to attach it to a flexible magnet strip cut to size. Strangely enough, I discovered this does not 'stick' to the tailgate...it works on the rear side panels.

Out of curiosity, what is the tailgate made out of?

I assume it's different from the rest of the metal body panels...based on my magnet not working on it.
From what I understand it's aluminum

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Magnets do not stick to the doors either. I’ve tried. I believe doors and tailgate are aluminum.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
the jeep uses a ton of aluminum. I believe the hood, front quarters, doors, and tail gate are all aluminum.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
A large amount of aluminum in the gladiator. As a old habit I actually check all body panels on every vehicle I buy to see what’s magnetic and not so I know where to watch for rust

Sponsored

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
the jeep uses a ton of aluminum. I believe the hood, front quarters, doors, and tail gate are all aluminum.
Might be an exception on the Hood of Mojave.. heard it is steel.. will know soon when it arrives; hope this week.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Jeep Gladiator Tailgate material? 1627504125864

Half the time this word comes up I still hear him in my head trying to sell me a laptop.

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Wranglers use magnesium but the JT got a proprietary material that is 40% magnesium, 50% aluminum and 9% carbon fiber strands. The other 1% is a trade secret that chrysler can't divulge because of military contracts. In fact, if you cut a section of your tailgate open with an angle grinder, you will probably see the interwoven carbon fiber strands. If you want to stick any magnetic stickers to the tailgate you have to get magnets that are pacifically designed for aluminum polarity. Otherwise you can do damage to your tailgate with a standard magnet. Don't believe me? Hold a standard magnet up to the tailgate for a minute. After a minute, remove it and feel the surface of the tailgate. It will be warm. If you do it too long the tailgate will start warping from the heat.