Sponsored

Taller, Bumpier, Winchier, and Better-Driving JTR c/o Rock Krawler, et al.

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
Finally had time to measure mine. High point on the hard top in stock form was 73". Stock Falken ATs sit at 31 3/4" weighted down. If you're at 76" with 35s I wonder what your 35s are sitting at height wise.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MarineHawk

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Finally had time to measure mine. High point on the hard top in stock form was 73". Stock Falken ATs sit at 31 3/4" weighted down. If you're at 76" with 35s I wonder what your 35s are sitting at height wise.
So, I remeasured in the daylight. The top of the roof is about 75-3/4” above the ground. The top of the mounted tires are right at 34” above the ground. The lowest part of the underbelly is about 14-1/2” above the ground (the case is 3-1/2" wide)..

Kv4Bxt1.jpg

OP
OP
MarineHawk

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was at the dealership today. Without boring you with too many details, I measured various heights on a stock Rubi with the 33” Falkens, and measured the same points on mine.

According to the mfr specs, the radius on my tires is 0.8” greater than the Falkens.

The total lift both front and rear (they were the same) due to the ties and lift combined were both 3.25”. That means the tires lifted me 0.8” and the lift lifted both the front and rear another appx. 2.5”.

Given that the Rubi has taller springs than the Sport/OL, I assume the RK lift would have lifted them a full 3” or more.

Gecko-JKU

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gecko Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Gone but not forgotten), 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Toyota 4 Runner
So I've been thinking about this... I believe the stock rake is about 1 inch. Rock Krawler already stated their lift maintains .5 inch of rake. It would make sense that the front springs are a true 3inch and the rears only 2.5 to still maintain the rake. But the lift and tires only netting you 2.75 over stock still boggles me.

OP
OP
MarineHawk

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I've been thinking about this... I believe the stock rake is about 1 inch. Rock Krawler already stated their lift maintains .5 inch of rake. It would make sense that the front springs are a true 3inch and the rears only 2.5 to still maintain the rake. But the lift and tires only netting you 2.75 over stock still boggles me.
The total lift both front and rear (they were the same) due to the ties and lift combined were both 3.25”. That means the tires lifted me 0.8” and the lift lifted both the front and rear another appx. 2.5”.
As mentioned above, based on my measurements, I’m getting a total of 3.25” up both front and rear. With the .8” tire radius difference, that means the lift lifted me up 2.5” front and rear, but I added 218-lbs of bumper and winch at the same time. That makes sense to me. The lift raised the rear 2.5” and raised the front perhaps 3”+, but the 218 lbs dropped it down to about 2.5”.
Sponsored