Sponsored

Tazer extension cables available...Stop chewing up your knuckles!

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Good news for those having a difficult time connecting and disconnecting the Tazer to the SGW...

Z Automotive is selling extension cables to make it a lot easier to plug in or remove the Tazer...
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/sgw-extension-cable/

You can order one yourself from China through Alibaba. The minimum order is 100, but if you look half way down the page (non-mobile webpage) you will see an option to get a "sample". Probably take a few weeks to get it.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...70.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.22113e5fUxE2CL

Or a third option is a cable made in Poland and offered by Alfissimo.com (out of Oceanside, California). It's big bucks...$72, but appears to be a much better quality then the China made one.
https://alfissimo.com/home/1935-sgw-bypass-extension-fca-cars-alfa-fiat-jeep-ram-dodge.html
Sponsored

Last edited:

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Wait, this is the for the Tazer JL Mini? If you're using the diagnostic bypass port harness, it takes 30 seconds to pull off or put back on. Yes, you have to tuck it behind the kickplate, I suppose it could rattle there, but it is straightforward.

I've taken it off to upgrade the firmware. Heck, I took it off the other day when I THOUGHT I was getting a new steering box, left it in the center console.

OP
OP
Jay Gatsby

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
You're right. Removing and plugging in the cables to the Tazer isn't the issue. It's removing and plugging the cables back into the SGW that is the pain for some folks. Some just use the vehicle settings feature where you remove the Tazer afterwards and some use the live functions leaving the Tazer in place. Also people choose to remove the Tazer for dealer service.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Good news for those having a difficult time connecting and disconnecting the Tazer to the SGW...

Z Automotive is selling extension cables to make it a lot easier to plug in or remove the Tazer...
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/sgw-extension-cable/

You can order one yourself from China through Alibaba. The minimum order is 100, but if you look half way down the page (non-mobile webpage) you will see an option to get a "sample". Probably take a few weeks to get it.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...70.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.22113e5fUxE2CL

Or a third option is a cable made in Poland and offered by Alfissimo.com (out of Oceanside, California). It's big bucks...$72, but appears to be a much better quality then the China made one.
https://alfissimo.com/home/1935-sgw-bypass-extension-fca-cars-alfa-fiat-jeep-ram-dodge.html
This definitely will make it easier to remove the Tazer before service issues.

On a side note I just had my first oil change and they didn't say anything but I doubt they ran a ECU reader.

RiverMtnBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S MaxTow
This definitely will make it easier to remove the Tazer before service issues.

On a side note I just had my first oil change and they didn't say anything but I doubt they ran a ECU reader.
Dealer quizzed me about ā€œif I messed with the speedoā€ after lift and wheels. Forgot to pull the Tazer off and didnā€™t think about it until later. Felt like I did something illegal and was gonna go to Jeep jail or something if they found it! šŸ¤£. No problem, but now itā€™s coming off every time because Iā€™m paranoid.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
You can use DeoxIT Gold G100L-2DB Brush Applicator, Contact Cleaner/Enhancer/Protector for Gold Surfaces, 7.4 mL from Amazon, to keep the connectors sliding in and out easily from each other. Works Great, a real time saver.

OP
OP
Jay Gatsby

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
I purchased directly from China. Selected "Sample"and bought one...
Wow, quick shipping. You must of hit it just right. I heard the quality is very good. Gonna make returning to stock much easier! Use some silicone tape to cover the ends of the connectors to keep dust out while unplugged.

Last edited:

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
It has been confirmation that these cables do not interfere with MOPARā€™s scan/flash tool with the Tazer Mini removed, this cables also works with my original Tazer JL's Bypass Module.

IMO if I'm taking my Jeep in for ANY type of service I will un-marry and remove the Tazer and Bypass Module just to be safe.

Edit: the original Tazer JL is not available anymore (I think?), It has been replaced with the Tazer Mini .

Last edited:

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
Dealer quizzed me about ā€œif I messed with the speedoā€ after lift and wheels. Forgot to pull the Tazer off and didnā€™t think about it until later. Felt like I did something illegal and was gonna go to Jeep jail or something if they found it! šŸ¤£. No problem, but now itā€™s coming off every time because Iā€™m paranoid.
I feel the same way this morning. I dropped mine off for the steering TSB and realized sitting in the service line that I had forgot. Felt like I was hiding weed or something in my car hoping I don't get busted. Every time my phone rings I'm afraid its them.

Sponsored

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
Lucky! Been waiting since October for that. Been so long Iā€™m actually now used to driving it old-school Jeep style; one hand top of wheel and aim straight! šŸ˜Ž
No not Lucky. Just dropped it off to get the process started. She called and said come pick it up, part will be in hear in about one month.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Bought one thinking it would make plugging and unplugging a lot easier but it really isnā€™t that hard to unplug the two wires. I donā€™t even remove the kick panel when I do it.

OP
OP
Jay Gatsby

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Bought one thinking it would make plugging and unplugging a lot easier but it really isnā€™t that hard to unplug the two wires. I donā€™t even remove the kick panel when I do it.
Good to hear. Some of us have sausages for fingers and big hands which makes it more difficult.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Joe @ ZAutomotive, a few weeks ago, posted on Facebook, that though he no longer sells the original Tazer JL, he will in the near future, be selling a limited supply of refurbed, original Tazer JL's... and that they will be sold at a very reduced price..
Actually if I was purchasing now, I would prefer the original Taser JL. Because you can use a Double Bypass harness instead of having to use a Bypass Module and having to plug/unplug the SGW all the way up there under the dash (other people and I agree it is a PITA).
Jeep Gladiator Tazer extension cables available...Stop chewing up your knuckles! double-by-pass

https://www.zautomotive.com/product/double-bypass/

Remove the glove box on the JT/JL and there are two Star Boards. Plug the green plug of the harness into the connector that has the green plugs, plug the white connector into the connector that has white plugs. Any available slot will work on both connectors. Then supply +12 Volts to the red wire and ground the black wire. This is a secondary OBDII port that bypasses the SGW.

This secondary OBDII port can be used with the original Tazer JL but with limitations of not being able to communicate with the radio, so the Live Functions; Navigation In Motion and TurnCam wonā€™t work (maybe some other radio dependent Live Functions I'm not aware of.)

Oh, the Good Stuff!

Plugging an OBD adapter (like OBDLINK MX+) into this secondary OBDII port, 2018+ Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep vehicles can communicate with alfaOBD (and Jscan?) without the need of a Bypass Module.

Edit:
Oh, the Bad Stuff!

It won't work with The Tazer Mini
Sponsored