Tazer killed auto start stop

DrFalken

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Just wanted to see if anyone else has had any issues with auto start stop and tazer? I installed the tazer a few months ago, after installing I was getting the message that it was disabled because the battery was charging. The message never turned off by itself. I was able to fix the charging message by disconnecting battery and the body wires to disconnect the aux battery. After that the battery message went away but even though the system said it was ready it never did the engine stop again. Unmarried, rebooted, sleep cycled, disconnected power, and though the system said ready it never worked again. I took it into the dealership and they ran a bunch of tests and they couldnā€™t figure out why it wasnā€™t working. They said they would need to open a star case, which I have not gone back to do because I donā€™t really care that much.

Btw this is on a diesel. I would think that unmarying would roll back anything that was updated by the tazer but it seems something got stuck somewhere. Just wondering if this was a one off.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DrFalken

DrFalken

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
The tazer didnā€™t kill your auto start stop itā€™s the crappy batteries that Jeep used. So you will probably need a new ESS battery or both there are plenty of threads on it
I did read through some of the very long threads on the batteries, they tested the batteries and they got a clean bill of health. I canā€™t prove it was the tazer but it all started immediately after installing. I just donā€™t really feel like losing my jeep for who knows how long for them to open a star case which I think is what they called it. Maybe if I knew what it was others could replicate to forever eliminate that funny business.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
They said my batteries where fine too the 1st time and then came back the 2nd time oh one was bad

Sponsored

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
My ESS disappeared for about 8 months always just saying charging and just started working again about two weeks ago. Who knows if it's related to the Tazer or not, I haven't messed with my tazer since I did my tire size calibration two years ago.

Jakeyou

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
What ever you do don't push the panic button by accident and then the remote start button with the tazer plugged in.

exfil offroad

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator-Willys /18 Wrangler JLU-Rubicon
I got to drive home from the groceries store about 8:00 at night with my jeep in light show unit I figured out how to turn it off šŸ˜….
i bet people had a good time wondering what the f was happening

Sponsored

OP
OP
DrFalken

DrFalken

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
I got to drive home from the groceries store about 8:00 at night with my jeep in light show unit I figured out how to turn it off šŸ˜….
Haha, I knew about the unlock, unlock, lock, unlock to start lightshow. Your method sounds easier.

OP
OP
DrFalken

DrFalken

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Update on the mysterious missing Auto Start stop. So I was in Moab a few weeks ago and was experiencing a strange behavior where the engine felt like it wanted to accelerate as I hit the brakes, I read somewhere that the diesels have an electronic booster so I'm not sure if maybe the engine kicks up the RPM to provide more power to the booster. Anyways, I ended up having to help recover a vehicle stuck towards the top of hells gate. So I figured I would kick on the winch mode on the tazer. After turning on Winch mode I noticed that the engine was idling substantially lower than usual. I left it in winch mode and the braking issues went away, and low and behold I was back in town, stopped at a stop light and the auto start stop began working.

From what I can tell the tazer went into winch mode shortly after installing and has been stuck there ever since, even though winch mode showed as off, and even after an unmarry winch mode was still enabled. I don't know exactly how the tazer adjusts RPM with winch mode but is there a possibility it remapped the normal idle to a higher RPM and the computer was seeing this as throttle so not engaging auto start stop?

At least the mystery is solved.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Note: My ESS stopped working a long time ago, especially with the air conditioning on. Recently the Aux switches would not work when getting into the truck in the morning. I had to drive the truck for a while to get the switches working again and get the aux battery charged. Not quite 3 years of ownership and 42K miles. I just changed both the aux battery and the main battery (I wanted to do it before our Rubicon trip). I could only find the aux14 size at the dealer, everywhere else was backorder. For the main battery, i went with the Odyssey group 94. It fit perfect.
After switching out my warn out battery, for giggles, I tried the ESS again. It worked perfectly with the Tazer.
Personally, I think low voltage causes a lot of weird errors in these Jeeps.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
I had my start/stop work only once in last several months. Dealer replaced both batteries under warranty.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Maybe they just thought you were in Mall Crawl Mode....

Jeep Gladiator Tazer killed auto start stop 1652113450853

Sponsored