Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Dodge Charger, F-150, Toyota Corolla
Occupation
Engineer
Hey everyone!

Had my Gladiator Sport about 2 months now and purchased a Tazer Mini about a month again. This is my second Tazer as the first one I had issues where the I would get random messages to service the Start/Stop system and to service the Shifter when the Tazer was married and plugged in. The issues would go away after the Tazer was unplugged.

Now I am on my second Tazer and everything was working fine until yesterday. While driving I received the same service Shifter and Start/Stop messages, but then a minute or so later my Power Steering went out! Pretty scary, but was able to find a stopping point and unmarried/reset/disconnected the Tazer.

Now everything is back to normal with the Tazer disconnected. Has anyone else had these issues or could it be something like my Aux battery going bad?

Note - I have contacted Z Automotive and I am working with them on the issues.
Sponsored

JETNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Support Coordinator
Did you update the firmware version before you installed it?
Or
Which version are you on now?

If those codes don’t occur with the Tazer disconnected, and you’re not having any issues now….. I think it’s pretty safe to assume the Tazer has something to do with it.

OP
OP
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Did you update the firmware version before you installed it?
Or
Which version are you on now?

If those codes don’t occur with the Tazer disconnected, and you’re not having any issues now….. I think it’s pretty safe to assume the Tazer has something to do with it.
Hey, yes I updated the firmware to the latest 14.4.4. Also recovered the device based on Z Automotive recommendation when I first installed it because I was seeing the service messages like I did on the first Tazer.

JETNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
probably have to recover again and reload the latest. But, that’s a scary situation with the PS, not sure if I’d trust it.

Was there a specific feature you wanted to use on it?

Maybe, recover, update and install but then don’t change any settings.

OP
OP
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
probably have to recover again and reload the latest. But, that’s a scary situation with the PS, not sure if I’d trust it.

Was there a specific feature you wanted to use on it?

Maybe, recover, update and install but then don’t change any settings.
Yeah I had to do a recovery before with this same Tazer when I first got it as it was giving the service messages. I had not received any messages for the last 2 weeks and just randomly it started again.

Right now I was just using the live features - 3 honk kill and start/stop always off.

Yeah just scared of the PS going out, to me not worth the risk for those small features lol.

JETNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Agreed, that is not something to take lightly.

That’s the problem with devices like this, they can cause problems. When they work, they can work great. But they can also cause serious issues.
Sponsored