First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Carpenter
Question to those leaving the tazer installed.
When you remove the Tazer to do a firmware update or program a lightshow
do you need to reprogram all your options and unmarry and remarry it ?
TIA
Sponsored

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Good question. I am new to the Tazer and definitely not an IT wizard. I would think the answer is yes but I will standby to see what the real answer is hopefully from someone knowledgeable of the Tazer product.

AmosMoses01

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Technology
The Taser instructions don't call for unmarrying prior to doing a firmware update, and the update utility (in Windows at least, haven't tried on a Mac) can read the configuration data stored in the device. I don't believe you lose anything from your configuration if you do a FW update - I have done one update and didn't unmarry/re-marry, but I only use the Taser Mini (so far) for disabling ESS and enjoy the license plate light being turned off when reversing at night. I don't have a bunch of other stuff changed configuration wise to speak from experience.

Hostile4Jeeps

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
They do recommend you unmarry for any updates, I’ve asked.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
While this group is paying attention ai'd like to hijacke this thread for one question.

If you use the function to return the vehicle to stock before you remove the tazer before a visit to jeep service. Do you need to manually make all the changes again once you reconnect? Or will it re-change everything when you plug it back in.

Sponsored

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
While this group is paying attention ai'd like to hijacke this thread for one question.

If you use the function to return the vehicle to stock before you remove the tazer before a visit to jeep service. Do you need to manually make all the changes again once you reconnect? Or will it re-change everything when you plug it back in.
You'll have to remake your changes. I always have to reset my tire size after unmarrying, taking in for service and then remarrying after service.

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0

Unmarrying the Tazer will reset it to factory. Use a note document on your phone to easily keep track of all changes you made.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unmarrying the Tazer will reset it to factory. Use a note document on your phone to easily keep track of all changes you made.
Ha. I was thinking the same thing. If the note is in the order of the menu items, it will be a 5 min process.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
I would LOVE if it could store the current config and restore that when you remarry it. Even better, if you could access that config via the firmware updater, and config the tazer the way you want it from a PC and just click options on or off, or type in a value like for tire size.
Sponsored