Tazer or Superchips paid off 10 fold.

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just wanted to share the value of my superchips programmer over the year I’ve owned my gladiator. Considering the dealer charges 100$ to 200$ to do any of this if they will do it at all.

First use - Lift and 37’s recalibration
2nd - 6 months later 4.88 gear
3rd - Turn off seat belt minder
4th - added LED fender lights
5th - Fog light drop off and DRL drop off.
6th - Added AUX switch and activated
7th - added Factor LED tail lights

250$ well spent.

what have you done so far? Worth the money?
Sponsored

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Do you have links? Got my eye on a supercharger setup in the near future, and i'm sure it'll have to be chipped to do that.

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
that sounds great! More useful than the Tazer do you think?

OP
OP
MGladiator83

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Do you have links? Got my eye on a supercharger setup in the near future, and i'm sure it'll have to be chipped to do that.
Most super charger kits will require their own tune so I wouldn’t buy anything you plan to use with the supercharger

OP
OP
MGladiator83

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
that sounds great! More useful than the Tazer do you think?
Tazer does similar and actually has some of its own unique features. Tazer lite and tazer are both solid programmers, but obviously you get more with the tazer vs the lite model.

Do a comparison on their sites and see what works best for you. I actually like some of the tazer features over superchips, but superchips has been so amazing with their customer service over the years with my last 2 rigs I have loyalty to them.

Sponsored

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Mike, I ve never had need for a tuner before so ive got a lot of learning to do

OP
OP
MGladiator83

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks Mike, I ve never had need for a tuner before so ive got a lot of learning to do
All depends on what you are planning on doing to your rig. All I can say is if you have just one need to reprogram Buy a programmer vs the dealer. It will pay off in the long run.

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
seems to be the case, especially since the nearest dealer is 50 miles and I didnt buy there, lol I might add the aux switches but Im being uber constrained on what I can and cant do with it so I may not even bother with anything more than what I have so far

Thanks!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
MGladiator83

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Tazer does all that, plus ALOT more.
Agree the tazer does a lot more, I’m just loyal to superchips. Customer service goes a long way and they treated me so well over the years. So here is to fingers crossed they will add some features.

Sponsored

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Agree the tazer does a lot more, I’m just loyal to superchips. Customer service goes a long way and they treated me so well over the years. So here is to fingers crossed they will add some features.
But what Superchips programmer did you buy? I found their lineup, number of choices, intimidating. Hard for me to compare features, but I liked the Pulsar because it is inline with the factory ECM, and stays available all the time, rather than one you plug in to use.

I like the Pulsar's ability to change engine performance. But a bit difficult to get them to tell me what features work with MT.

OP
OP
MGladiator83

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
But what Superchips programmer did you buy? I found their lineup, number of choices, intimidating. Hard for me to compare features, but I liked the Pulsar because it is inline with the factory ECM, and stays available all the time, rather than one you plug in to use.

I like the Pulsar's ability to change engine performance. But a bit difficult to get them to tell me what features work with MT.
I went with flashcal for just reprogramming Features.

Flashcal for most advanced Adjustments

Pulsar for engine tune and basic programming, in-line and on the fly adjustment

Flashpaq for full feature Most advanced adjustments and engine tune but requires PCM swap

obviously there are other combos and options to mix and match but those are the basics.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Pulsar for engine tune and basic programming, in-line and on the fly adjustment
obviously there are other combos and options to mix and match but those are the basics.
Thanks, this helps.

A question I asked, but did not receive an answer, is does the Pulsar actually change engine tuning (Performance, Economy, Towing), or is it just changing AT shift points? Obviously, since I ordered a MT, I need to know this.

OP
OP
MGladiator83

MGladiator83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks, this helps.

A question I asked, but did not receive an answer, is does the Pulsar actually change engine tuning (Performance, Economy, Towing), or is it just changing AT shift points? Obviously, since I ordered a MT, I need to know this.
It’s an actual tune with an increase in performance (HP)and shift points. You typically have to run premium fuel.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
It’s an actual tune with an increase in performance (HP)and shift points. You typically have to run premium fuel.
Premium fuel would be fine for the Performance setting. If required for the Economy setting it would defeat the purpose.
Sponsored