First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500
Occupation
Truck Driver
I’m going to be looking to adjust for tire size and enable proximity door unlock and Swap for LEDs. The Jscan can do all that, correct? Any reason to spend 3.5x the money on the Tazer?
Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I think the Tazer might be a better UX/UI, but yes, JScan can do all of what you're asking (I've done all three of those myself with JScan).

Just need an OBD reader, and a bypass cable.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
In my eyes it's a almost a toss up between Tazer and JScan if you don't have a Rubicon. The auto-start-stop disable is a thing for me, but not everyone.

However, with a Rubicon, activating the rear locker in 2Hi and both lockers in 4Hi, combined with the swaybar disconnect when YOU want it, are indispensable Tazer features.

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I bought the tazer for the hood alarm, turning off the license plate lights while in reverse, and more locker flexibility. I don't think jscan has those, but I'm not 100% sure.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I have no need for any of the live functions of the tazer, I toggled a few things with JScan like tire size, DRLs, and start/stop but that's about all I need. Unless you need to do stuff like set idle to 2,000 to winch or other neat things the Tazer can do, then JScan will do what most need.

Sponsored

OP
OP

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500
Occupation
Truck Driver
I have no need for any of the live functions of the tazer, I toggled a few things with JScan like tire size, DRLs, and start/stop but that's about all I need. Unless you need to do stuff like set idle to 2,000 to winch or other neat things the Tazer can do, then JScan will do what most need.
I just looked at the live functions. Nothing in there that interests me enough to pay $350

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the comparisons...

Passive door
tire size
maybe start stop

Jscan seems perfect for my Mojave, for now
Sponsored