Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
*If the average driver has somewhere to put a utility trailer*, and wants to pull a trailer. I don't have room for a utility trailer, or the desire to pull one. Having a bed is great. Still, if the Jeep makes me mad, bronco, here I come.
hopefully by that time they're reliable
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Interesting. I came up with my number. Actually about $38,700 with the online configurator.

Base truck, shipping, Sasquatch.

Either way. $1000 one way or the other. Its a deal.
You would spend the cost of the Sasquatch package on just wheels, tires, and gearing. Its like getting free lockers front and rear ha.
*assuming you want an automatic sasquatch, yes. It's a hell of a deal. the math got a little more fuzzy when they decided the prices of the sasquatch would become $1600 higher but the automatic would be a free options for sasquatch packages. it was cheaper to get a badlands than a sasBD or sasBB. Really, if you wanted a manual sasquatch, your only real choices that made financial sense was base. BB or BD you're better off forgoing 35s and jsut getting a BL. On BL it's a 4k .43inch lift and tire package.

As for your 38700, has it been a while? they changed pricing for MY22.5

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
The 7 year warranty on my Gladiator will be over in 7 years. I'll start looking at Bronco in 6. You can have the new I6 , 400HP in the Gladiator next year. In years past I have had 3 Broncos.
Saw they mentioned Wrangler, but not Gladiator for the new Hurricane engine. Will say one thing though. They are modeling it off the BMW 58 engine. I had the 58 inline 6 turbo on my BMW for 5 years and one issue a lot of drivers saw (including me) was if you idled for too many minutes your PCV valve and exhaust system went boom. Black smoke everything. Was pretty common occurrence. It had turbo lag regardless of what articles state.

Having used it I would be wary of sticking that engine in a vehicle that is going to crawl or idle a lot. That engine likes to be in constant motion, not sitting getting hot or under slow strain. Will wait and see. And will definitely not jump on it first year out for an off-road crawler like the Wrangler or Gladiator.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
But yet you will jump on a totally new design from Ford,,,, really. IMO, the Bronco needs a few years to mature.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*assuming you want an automatic sasquatch, yes. It's a hell of a deal. the math got a little more fuzzy when they decided the prices of the sasquatch would become $1600 higher but the automatic would be a free options for sasquatch packages. it was cheaper to get a badlands than a sasBD or sasBB. Really, if you wanted a manual sasquatch, your only real choices that made financial sense was base. BB or BD you're better off forgoing 35s and jsut getting a BL. On BL it's a 4k .43inch lift and tire package.

As for your 38700, has it been a while? they changed pricing for MY22.5
I just ran the configurator today. As a result of this thread. The config I ran was a 6 speed MANUAL trans.

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I just ran the configurator today. As a result of this thread. The config I ran was a 6 speed MANUAL trans.
transmission is the same price for any sasquatch. Sasquatch package changed from 21 to 22. In 21 manual was not an option so there was nothing to mess with. In 22, on all trims not forced automatic that can option sasquatch (4dr base and OBX are not available manual, wildtrak isn't either, but sasquatch is std) had the sasquatch package price increased by 1595 (the exact price of the automatic transmission) and then had the automatic made a no-cost option for sasquatches. AKA, if you want a manual sasquatch, you have to pay for the automatic trans anyway.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
transmission is the same price for any sasquatch. Sasquatch package changed from 21 to 22. In 21 manual was not an option so there was nothing to mess with. In 22, on all trims not forced automatic that can option sasquatch (4dr base and OBX are not available manual, wildtrak isn't either, but sasquatch is std) had the sasquatch package price increased by 1595 (the exact price of the automatic transmission) and then had the automatic made a no-cost option for sasquatches. AKA, if you want a manual sasquatch, you have to pay for the automatic trans anyway.
I stopped worrying about all that minutiae when I ordered my Gladiator. I just ran the configurator again and it forced me to include the all wheel drive. So with all wheel drive. This is what a base Sasquatch with MT and 2.3 came out to.

Jeep Gladiator Tempted by a bronco 1649879758870

OP
OP
TTU03

TTU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Willys
Well my story ends in a whimper. Arranged to meet the salesperson this afternoon only to get a call back that the bronco is now sold.

I do appreciate the back and forth comments on the bronco. It really is a nice unit and I think it’s fair to give ford a good look. I’m not so much locked in with a brand and this is my first jeep.

My JT really is a perfect truck. I think my most expensive want at the moment is a rear locker. Looks like about 2k an axle so that’s more of a long term goal for me. I think I will settle at 33 inch tires once these 32’s wear out to avoid the regear and lift want.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Entertainer
Looking at a 2.3 black diamond with additional mid package, modular bumper, and tow package.

Are there any glaring short comings compared to my willys such as drive train or suspension issues? The way I'm seeing it now is the black diamond matches what I have and adds a few things I want to add.

What I gain:
wash out floor - intend to add armorlite in my jeep eventually
marine grade vinyl seats - looking at similar material seat covers for my jeep
rear locker - lsd in my jeep
I like the look of the bronco(opinion)

What I lose
truck bed - pretty big deal but I figure I actually use the bed to capacity once in a blue moon, borrowing a small utility trailer from a family member seems to fix that issue
hard top - I think there will be a significant increase in noise but I have looked many times at moving to a soft top on my jeep. Removing my hard top is not necessarily taxing but it would be nice to have a simple fold down and quick deployment that travels with me
premium audio

I really like my jeep and the only thing other than rubicon or majave gladiator that would get me out of my current truck is a bronco.

This all really depends on how much the deal wants to deal with me. I'm looking at roughly 1-2k increase on my note after trade in.
I love the Bronco, but it’s quite different from the Gladiator. The Bronco has very limited towing capacity (most trims are below 3500#). Definitely a smoother ride than the JT. Depends what you want in a ‘truck.’

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Here’s my take and opinion… wtf are you asking us for? By the sounds of your post OP, your gonna buy it. Might as well and get out of here. Vehicles come and go and it sound alike the gladiator isn’t for you because you posted. Again my opinion.

c ya

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I'd like to point you to this post on the JL forum by ChaseW. Not to deter you in any way but to give you perspective of what a Wrangler driver thought of his experience with a Bronco. I'll also post his first... post here:

Also, if you're interested in asking him any questions your credentials for the JT site (here) work on the JL site as well. The thread has more people questioning and answers as well sprinkled throughout.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/sold-my-bronco-back-to-a-wrangler.86982/

"Well the title says it.

I am going back to a Wrangler after spending ~8k miles with a Bronco First Edition 4-door. I was fortunate enough to get a Bronco as early as I did given the ongoing fiasco with how Ford allocated them and the constant supply chain issues. I traded my 392 for it, and to the 392, I had an ‘18 JLUR 2.0, both of which I loved! After spending some months and considerable driving time with the Bronco, I never liked it as much. My goal with this post is to provide some real world observations after having both, for anyone else comparing the two. The First Edition came with pretty much every option you could get, so it gave me a chance to really check out all of the features available. I'm going to omit talking about the power, simply because I do not think its fair to compare this against my 392. Let me start with the things I liked about the Bronco (I know I will overlook some things):
  • It does drive straighter, thanks to the independent front suspension. No denying that. I honestly do not think the Wrangler is bad as many make it out to be, especially my 392, but I would be lying if I said the Bronco did not track better than the Wrangler.
  • To me, the doors are much easier to take on and off. Two easy locate bolts, one wiring quick disconnect, no window frames. The way the doors go on also make it harder to scratch the body when trying to locate hanging the doors back on. The Bronco doors have these conical shaped hinges that for me, make the doors much easier to hang.
  • 1-touch automatic windows, up and down on all 4 windows. Don’t ask me why I like these so much, I just do haha.
  • Rear gate opens much wider than Wrangler and has a hydraulic to hold it open on inclines, which is great.
  • 4 roof panels instead of 3. What makes this cool for me personally is that you can take off the roof panels over all of the passengers, while leaving the rear “box” on. This is great if you have an excitable dog (which we do) and being able to contain the dog but have the roof and doors off if you choose. Again, this is cool for me, but may be of no value to you.
  • The Bronco has dramatically more headroom than the Jeep. Not sure where it comes from exactly, but it’s wayyy more than the Wrangler. The driver seat seems to go down much lower than the Wrangler does. and the shape of the roof panels seem to help.
  • I took it off-roading twice at Uwharrie on the easy and several moderate trails and I was impressed. It did great and I have nothing to complain about.
  • The factory Swaybar Disconnect being available in 4HI up to 20mph is fantastic. I had a Tazer in my JL to allow me to do this, which has a bit of a cumbersome process, so the fact that the Bronco offered this was quite nice and I hope Jeep follows suit.
  • The area for the wireless charging in front of the shift lever offers some great storage, totally absent on the Wrangler.
Things I dislike (Again, I know I will overlook some things):
  • The overall build and materials quality of the interior is borderline laughable. The Wrangler is hands down nicer across the board. The grab handles, use of hard shitty plastics, poorly fitting trim pieces, plastic burrs from lazy cuts around the gauge cluster and infotainment screen, all not even close to the Wrangler.
  • The Bang and Olufsen surround premium audio sucks. And it shouldn't. There is nothing premium about it and trying to equalize the music I like is impossible. The Alpine stereo in the Jeep isn’t that of a high end luxury car by any means, but it equalized significantly better than this B&O.
  • The 12” infotainment screen is unnecessarily large. The quality of it is nice, it's just overkill to me.
  • The Wireless Charging and Wireless CarPlay is pure trash. The wireless charging only heats up my phone and the wireless CarPlay drops out constantly and confuses itself with the Bluetooth and I hate it. God forbid I want to take a private call or switch hold my iPhone up to my ear, it is nightmare. The wireless charging problem is not unique to the Bronco, as I have the same challenges with wireless charging in other cars, but it still sucks. I think both features are overrated in cars in general, as the whole point of CarPlay is to not use your iPhone while driving. So why does it need to be wireless? The wireless CarPlay drops out constantly and interferes with Bluetooth. I could go on and on.
  • There is not a charging port, USB, or any sort of power outlet inside the center console. In my Jeep, I would tuck my phone out of the way in there or keep a spare battery charging or something, but not so in the Bronco. It does have a USB power outlet on top of the dash where you can mount a GoPro, iPad, GPS, etc, but honestly I do not think I would ever use that.
  • The quality of the hardtop, as many publications have commented on, is a joke and needs significantly better quality control. There are exposed burrs, uneven cuts, the creak like crazy, and do not pack well at all into their bags due to their shape.
  • The glass in the frameless doors isn’t particularly secure and they rattle like crazy with the windows up. They also get caught frequently on the roof panels because the do not roll down quickly enough to clear the roof panels when you open the doors.
  • The 10-Speed Transmission is too many gears. It constantly tried to figure out what gear to be in, was incredibly clunky, and nowhere near as smooth as the 8-speed in either Jeep I had.
  • It does not ride as good as my 392, I don't care what anyone says about the independent front suspension.
All in all, I was glad to give the Bronco an honest go, despite all the things I did not like about it. I think the Bronco does a good job in addressing, or attempting to address, some shortcomings with the Wrangler, but is has a long way to go and hopefully it will drive some cool innovations and updates to the Wrangler. We'll see what the Bronco Raptor is like when it arrives later this year, but for me, I the Wrangler still comes out on top by a long shot for me. My 392 Xtreme Recon will be here in a few weeks and I can't wait to be back in a Jeep."

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Most dealers for the Bronco are adding ADM of 10K or more depending on trim level. I had a WildTrak on order and ended up cancelling after reading the forums, seeing all of the quality issues associated with it and the fact that my dealer deleted the tow package I would need since I am giving up my truck. Gladiator on order now, has a bed and can tow more than the Bronco. Better deal with the Jeep in my opinion.
Yup. $10k+ over MSRP in my area. That plus no bed kills it for me.

I use a utility trailer often with my car (picking my Gladiator up tomorrow), but it’ll be nice to be able to make small dump runs and pickup larger items at the store without the trailer (i.e. Follow-on stops that aren’t trailer friendly for parking are needed).

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The terrible quality interior was really surprising. A $30k Bronco SPORT has a nicer interior. A mid range F150 has a MUCH nicer interior.

XCAJUNX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon