First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
There's been a few threads posted that have mentioned our new released ball joints for the JT/JL, but there's not a dedicated thread for them. So let's get one started!

As many JT owners and forum users know and have found out, there is a lot of room for improvement over the factory ball joints that Jeep puts in the JT/JL platforms. The factory joints have plastic ball wear sockets, basic chrome steel ball studs, no grease zerks for servicing, etc. People report having issues with looseness, play, and other signs of failure as early as 10K miles or less. Once that happens, they need to be replaced completely. Not exactly great.

So, if you're looking to upgrade your ball joints to a better, more durable, longer lasting ball joint, check out our newly released JT/JL version ball joints. They have 4140 hardened steel ball studs and sockets, both with manganese phosphate coatings and grease channels. They're greaseable, adjustable, and they have a lifetime warranty. In the rare case that any of the joints loosened up or developed movement, they can be adjusted back into spec with simple hand tools; without needing to disassemble the axle or joint itself. They can also be adjusted will all 4 tires still on the ground in your own driveway. A full pair of 4 comes in at $299.

Jeep Gladiator Teraflex HD JT/JT Ball Joints Tera JLJT HD Ball Joints.PNG

https://teraflex.com/jl-jt-dana-30-44-hd-ball-joint-kit-w-out-knurl-2-upper-2-lower.html

Sponsored

mjchip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I just purchased and received my set. Going to install them as soon as the weather breaks. They look awesome!

mjchip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Just got mine a few weeks back. Waiting to find the time to install them. Will report back with results.

Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Nice, when mine go, these will go in....

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
Hmmm, looks like this might be my next purchase!

OP
OP
TeraFlex

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
These on backorder now @TeraFlex ?
Looking at our current on hand inventory in our Utah warehouse, it says at the time of typing this we've got 15+ ball joint kits sitting on the shelf ready to ship out.

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Looking at our current on hand inventory in our Utah warehouse, it says at the time of typing this we've got 15+ ball joint kits sitting on the shelf ready to ship out.
Weird when I go to checkout I get “We don't have as many quantity as you requested, but we'll back order the remaining 1.”

only trying to order one set.

Sponsored

mert34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I just thought id check and does the same for me, and does not like alaska zip codes for shipping.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Thanks, I just ordered a set, but, it says "backordered" quantity of 1. I paid and ordered anyway. Hopefully, I will get them.

OP
OP
TeraFlex

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Interesting, it would appear there may be a bug on our website as the order quantity gets lower. I appreciate the info, I'm having our main website tech looking it right now.

Thanks, I just ordered a set, but, it says "backordered" quantity of 1. I paid and ordered anyway. Hopefully, I will get them.
It looks like your order went through, and is currently in processing btw.

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Interesting, it would appear there may be a bug on our website as the order quantity gets lower. I appreciate the info, I'm having our main website tech looking it right now.

It looks like your order went through, and is currently in processing btw.
Great ! Thanks ! I am thinking I should also upgrade to the heavy duty steering knuckles at the same time. What is your recommendation ? I am running a 3.5 inch Clayton lift and 37s.

OP
OP
TeraFlex

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
Great ! Thanks ! I am thinking I should also upgrade to the heavy duty steering knuckles at the same time. What is your recommendation ? I am running a 3.5 inch Clayton lift and 37s.
If you currently have the aluminum knuckles, upgrading to the Eco Diesel/Mojave steel knuckles while you have everything apart is a good idea; we've seen a few broken or damaged aluminum knuckles turn up during our product testing.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.