First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
New window dates for me of 3/17-4/1! Waiting on truck drivers.
Hey Malachi, dude I thought you would've gotten already made your pilgrimage to Tennessee & Back already!šŸ˜² I actually thought I was going to meet you at Gupton, seriously!

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
I know, Iā€™m bummed.

Looking forward to meeting you. I am thinking we will be at least passing each other on the streets of Sugar Land & Missouri City.

Are you attracting attention on the streets?

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Two questions for y'all.

1. What is the procedure for getting your truck registered, any taxes paid, etc etc once you got back home?
2. For anyone who financed through Gupton recently, what kind of interest rate did you get? Hopefully mine shows up before the fed prices me out of it. ;)
I bought mine at the end of October. You pay tax to Texas, not Tennessee. I used a local credit union for financing because their rate was much better than what Gupton could do. This required a little more leg work on the credit unionā€™s part since it was an out of state purchase. So I would say get all that lined up once you are a few weeks out from picking it up/build being done.

I could either roll TTL costs into the loan amount or pay it myself out of pocket. I build it into the loan and then the credit union cut me a check for the costs to go register and title it myself. Whoever you finance it through may do it for you though. They have to be on the title as Lien holder.

The way titling it works is
1) you have to get a state inspection in Texas since it was an out of state purchase. So do that when you get home so you have it ready to go.
2) Gupton has to send the certificate of origin off to the Tennessee tax office before sending to you. You will get it in the mail from Gupton 1-2 weeks after purchase.
3)you or your lender need to go to your local tax assessor and title and register it. This wasnā€™t complicated, but it needs to be done within 30 days or there is a fee. I did it myself because my lender said it would be faster than them doing it.

While it sounds complicated, it wasnā€™t that bad. Worth the discount. Sounds like you are on top of things.

Enjoy the Jeep. Once you order, the waiting begins. My wife and I made a trip of it, spending one night in Memphis, one night in Hot Springs, and doing the off road park their for our first Jeep badge of honor on the Snake trail.
Glad to hear that! You can jump on jeeps website go to the contact section and select the chat option (depending on the time of day) to see where your build is at. Mine went pretty fast. I was expecting it to take forever but before i knew it, she was shipped out.
As posted by Sully. :clap: just to add my 2 cents. You have the option of including your taxes at the time of purchase at Gupton, which I did. So you can "finance" your taxes. Get back home. Gupton will mail you all the paperwork you need to go to the County Tax Accessors office to pay tax & register your Jeep. They also sent me a check for the exact amount that I paid in taxes.
1. Go get your insurance (my insurance agent told me you are automatically covered up to 30 days after the purchase of a new car) still give them a call give them a heads up. Given them your VIN print out the proof of insurance and then....
2. Go get your Jeep inspected. $7.00 for safety inspection only for new cars.
3. Go to your County Tax Accessors Office (check to see if you can make an online appt. I did mine today & you could not ... still not back to normal since Covid) Will take abit longer since only a handful of the employees can do the brand new out of state filing jobs (don't ask how I know:angry:). I took care of everything today & came home with my new plates & registration. this was the most painful part of my purchase process.

Oh, & when Gupton sends you the paperwork, they send over. an envelop for you to return a copy of the registration to show you did pay taxes & registered your Jeep! :whew:

Regarding rates, no point since they change all the time...

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
I know, Iā€™m bummed.

Looking forward to meeting you. I am thinking we will be at least passing each other on the streets of Sugar Land & Missouri City.

Are you attracting attention on the streets?
Actually there is a granite Mojave I think that lives in my neighborhood:facepalm:. Haven't noticed any attention.... they look & pretend not to be looking kinda thing..... But what is surprising is I have not seen as much brotherly love from other Jeepers:crying: Got a bunch of rubber duckies I bought to share some love.... but rethinking this now, maybe only for gladiators.... maybe just Mojaves?:fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
Love Hot springs. Some great trails and badges there
Yeah, the next morning I noticed how nice & touristy it was :facepalm: Driving in at 10:35 at night in heavy rain... just wanted to hit the bed BUT man the hotel was ratty..... I wanted to at least get the Snake Trail Badge but not too confident with mud... yet:facepalm:

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
For lodging you should check out Panther Valley Ranch. Right down the road from the park.

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
For lodging you should check out Panther Valley Ranch. Right down the road from the park.
Good to know.... Will probably make my way back there again... Not too many "bunny trails" on the Badge of Honor :giggle:

Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
You made me look up Sweeny TX :like: we need to do a Texas Jeepers from Gupton meet up soon:LOL: Just waiting on Malachi:giggle:
I didnā€™t purchase from Gupton but got the Gupton price at Clearlake. They arenā€™t offering those prices any more. šŸ˜£