Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
C8136E75-DA59-47CB-9672-EDE737C25C83.jpeg

Here you go…

I like your idea of a meetup from a page or two back. We should try to make that happen. I’m only an hour from Hidden Falls, that would work well if anyone is coming this direction.
Like it👍🏼Now that Malachi got his we should do a meet up…. 😬
Sponsored

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
Made it home with my Gladiator. Got to experience driving with a consistent wind of over 15 mph. New to Jeep, so I can appreciate the past comments in in context.

it seems like the top of my steering wheel was pointed at 12:30 for most of the trip to counter the wind… probably not literally but just to give you sense of the experience…

Anyhow, I had to get to Dallas on Saturday evening to enjoy my two grandkids together for the first time. They live in different cities and one is a newborn. Consequently, I didn’t stay long at Gupton‘s before jumping in the jeep and heading out.

I will post a picture as soon as I can. The trip was full of bugs so I need to get the jeep cleaned up.
Congrats Malachi! I didn't get out of Springfield TN until about 5:30 and made it all the way to East Memphis before I bedded down for the night. The winds were strong on Sat for sure. Although it does get buffeted a little I didn't feel like it was excessive and not a lot of wander either. I averaged about 19 MPG for most of the trip mostly 75-80mph. Until I hit Waco and decided to pull the Freedom Panels off then it dropped to about 17.5 mpg. :)

If you don't mind me asking what'd you average?

By the way, for those of you headed out to pick up your jeep, if you go into town about a mile and skip the highway stations in TN the gas price drops about 30-40 cents a gallon

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
This is my truck.

I cleaned it up this morning.

Jeep Gladiator Texas Jeepers that have purchased from Gupton Motors 68191C88-406E-41BC-BC7C-386E68814FBB
Lookin Good :like:
Congrats Malachi! I didn't get out of Springfield TN until about 5:30 and made it all the way to East Memphis before I bedded down for the night. The winds were strong on Sat for sure. Although it does get buffeted a little I didn't feel like it was excessive and not a lot of wander either. I averaged about 19 MPG for most of the trip mostly 75-80mph. Until I hit Waco and decided to pull the Freedom Panels off then it dropped to about 17.5 mpg. :)

If you don't mind me asking what'd you average?

By the way, for those of you headed out to pick up your jeep, if you go into town about a mile and skip the highway stations in TN the gas price drops about 30-40 cents a gallon
Wish I knew that sooner..... I didn't realize until I saw the total price at the pump... I think I fueled up about 3X on the way back.... had some detours:facepalm:

Sponsored

Malachi23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue Pearl Mojave
Thanks guys. I have been making some mods the last couple of days and will find the appropriate threads to share them.

Whenever one of us wants to go out and test our trucks a bit just let folks know and we’ll see what happens.

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Has anyone figured out amount of discount there vs amount of tax "credits" that the Texas dealers always brag about?

BajaTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave - 2003 TJ Rubicon -2008 JKU Rubicon
Has anyone figured out amount of discount there vs amount of tax "credits" that the Texas dealers always brag about?
Other than buying an EV, what tax credits are you referring to?

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Other than buying an EV, what tax credits are you referring to?
They always tout some sort of sales tax incentive. I ignore it but just wondering if there IS any advantage of purchasing one in state vs out of state.

BajaTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They always tout some sort of sales tax incentive. I ignore it but just wondering if there IS any advantage of purchasing one in state vs out of state.
The dealer doesn’t have the power to adjust state sales tax, so I’m still not sure what you‘re referring to. Are you talking about a tax discount for a trade-in value? You pay sales tax to Texas, so it’s the same percentage no matter what state you buy it in.

Sponsored

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
The dealer doesn’t have the power to adjust state sales tax, so I’m still not sure what you‘re referring to. Are you talking about a tax discount for a trade-in value? You pay sales tax to Texas, so it’s the same percentage no matter what state you buy it in.
I think it's more that. I have a vehicle that I purchased in Texas and trading it in for another vehicle that I am purchasing in Texas, there's something to a tax "credit" or something.

BajaTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's more that. I have a vehicle that I purchased in Texas and trading it in for another vehicle that I am purchasing in Texas, there's something to a tax "credit" or something.
Ah yes. You don’t pay sales tax on the amount of the trade in value. So if you buy a $50k new JT, and trade in an old one at $20k, you only pay sales tax on the $30k.

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Ah yes. You don’t pay sales tax on the amount of the trade in value. So if you buy a $50k new JT, and trade in an old one at $20k, you only pay sales tax on the $30k.
So would that chew up any savings getting it through Gupton?

BajaTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You dont pay more to buy out of state, but each deal has to be presented in it’s entirety. Your best Texas purchase price & trade in offer vs Gupton. I think you’d be hard pressed to find a better deal.

OP
OP
Choice Mojave

Choice Mojave

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Chihuahua Wrangler
You dont pay more to buy out of state, but each deal has to be presented in it’s entirety. Your best Texas purchase price & trade-in offer vs Gupton. I think you’d be hard pressed to find a better deal.
Having had experience with Dealerships, I will never trade in a vehicle when purchasing at the same dealerships. The dealerships make more money in the "back end" vs the actual purchase. You will need a forensic accountant to find where they are doing creative financing. Aside from the cost, Gupton was by far the best experience I have had at a dealership ANYWHERE. Whatever tax benefits or discounts they are promising are moot since there are the Dealer add-ons, Market adjustments, & all the accessories they tack on. paint protection, window tint..... Never ever trust a car salesman! Gupton's business model is transparent (they work off of volume). Traditional dealerships are a free for all... from the salesmen to the finance guys & the sales managers.
Sponsored