First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
Makes sense, damn, now I hope the felt doesn't fail on mine, so far it works well.
As long as you are at least the original owner, I would imagine so since the Gladiators are so new, there is a 5-year warranty, and if it does fail that would be under the warranty.
Sponsored

Jonesy22

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Occupation
Police
I have the Mopar trail rails and cross bars. Will it work with them installed?

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Can someone test if an adult male weighing 200lbs can stand on the X4S tonneau cover?

Sponsored

Bennett

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
Alex, I’m interested. Please send me the details. Thanks.

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
I have the Mopar trail rails and cross bars. Will it work with them installed?
I am unsure of the crossbars, I know this does not interfere with the Trail rails at all though as this mounts above them

02sahara

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Update: I got mine delivered the other night and on. It looks great and it pouring rain right now so I'm going to take a look in a while and see how water tight it is. I do like how the install uses the built-in locations in the bed instead of clips. Also the huge gasket on the tailgate seems like a great design, much better than the flap seal I've seen on other covers. It looks killer and seems pretty secure.

Notes on the install, I ended up using 2 extra washers on each side of the mounting locations near the tailgate. The rails needed to be brought in about 1/8" on each side for the cover to sit right in the channels. Has anyone else had this?

My install was the B type with the jack nuts-I believe that both of the nuts twisted off on the back because they didn't tighten down on the install of the rails, the nuts seated fine when I set them in but then didn't tighten down after. I'm going to try and get a different nut in there somehow.

Lastly, I haven't done anything witht the longer thinner seals. Does anyone know if they go under the side rails or on the inside/side of the rails?

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Update: I got mine delivered the other night and on. It looks great and it pouring rain right now so I'm going to take a look in a while and see how water tight it is. I do like how the install uses the built-in locations in the bed instead of clips. Also the huge gasket on the tailgate seems like a great design, much better than the flap seal I've seen on other covers. It looks killer and seems pretty secure.

Notes on the install, I ended up using 2 extra washers on each side of the mounting locations near the tailgate. The rails needed to be brought in about 1/8" on each side for the cover to sit right in the channels. Has anyone else had this?

My install was the B type with the jack nuts-I believe that both of the nuts twisted off on the back because they didn't tighten down on the install of the rails, the nuts seated fine when I set them in but then didn't tighten down after. I'm going to try and get a different nut in there somehow.

Lastly, I haven't done anything witht the longer thinner seals. Does anyone know if they go under the side rails or on the inside/side of the rails?
Would you be willing to test if the X4S can hold your weight standing on top of it? Company claims the X4S can hold up to 400lbs on top. Yet, I have yet to see a single photograph or video testing this.

Sponsored

02sahara

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Would you be willing to test if the X4S can hold your weight standing on top of it? Company claims the X4S can hold up to 400lbs on top. Yet, I have yet to see a single photograph or video testing this.
I might if I can get Alex to gaurantee me any necessary replacment parts if needed...I'm about 175Lbs....

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
@Reasons once the slats are closed on the locking rail it almost is like a solid piece of aluminum. I am trying to get my media team to put something together or see if there is an older video one the X4. I will keep you all updated on this!

Bennett

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
Just ordered mine from Alex. First class service thus far and the best price I’ve seen. Highly recommended. Will update when I actually receive it and get it installed!

02sahara

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
@Reasons once the slats are closed on the locking rail it almost is like a solid piece of aluminum. I am trying to get my media team to put something together or see if there is an older video one the X4. I will keep you all updated on this!
Any way you could check and see where the long seals are meant to go? I can report that it's pretty dry in the bed after a good downpour.

MattHamilton

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Support Analyst
HI Alex, if it's not too late, I'm curious about delivery to Canada....
Sponsored