First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
RealTruck 3rd Party Sales Representative
HI Alex, if it's not too late, I'm curious about delivery to Canada....
Unfortunately, at this time we are not shipping to Canada. The only options I have for that is ship to the nearest boarding town or a freight forwarder
Sponsored

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
Any way you could check and see where the long seals are meant to go? I can report that it's pretty dry in the bed after a good downpour.
I have actually been looking into this and haven't found any info on it as the install sheet I have on shows the bulkhead seal. I will update once I receive some information

OP
OP
RealTruck

RealTruck

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
Any way you could check and see where the long seals are meant to go? I can report that it's pretty dry in the bed after a good downpour.
After getting off the phone with BAK and the rep that was assisting me doing some digging the only thing they could come up with is it being a bulkhead seal, they said they typically send out two of them, a 3/4" and 1/4" as to make sure every base is taken care of. I don't know if this is the same seal that you are talking about but all that we were able to come up with.

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy 1620843701586

Axeman

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Auto Tech
Lastly, I haven't done anything witht the longer thinner seals. Does anyone know if they go under the side rails or on the inside/side of the rails?
I asked Alex about this seal, waiting to hear back. It wasn't included in the instructions, but my guess is that it goes around the tailgate to seal the bed off from water getting in.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
@Reasons once the slats are closed on the locking rail it almost is like a solid piece of aluminum. I am trying to get my media team to put something together or see if there is an older video one the X4. I will keep you all updated on this!
Thanks Alex. That is the only thing holding me up on making payment. If it can hold a 200lbs-ish person on the cover, that is good enough for me for security purposes. If not, then all it takes is one heavier person, or two people to jump on it to gain access to the bed.

Sponsored

02sahara

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Construction
Thanks Alex. That is the only thing holding me up on making payment. If it can hold a 200lbs-ish person on the cover, that is good enough for me for security purposes. If not, then all it takes is one heavier person, or two people to jump on it to gain access to the bed.
It seems pretty secure. If someone wants in that bad then there's not much that's going to stop them. My opinion, if there's more than one truck around and I've got the "most secure" tonneau and theres a soft one near, they are going to open the soft first. If you want something that secure you might look at an upper decker or something solid. Sorry Alex. That said, this is the toughest roll up that I've seen.

I figured you had a roof rack or something and needed to occasionally stand on the cover for loading/unloading.

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
I asked Alex about this seal, waiting to hear back. It wasn't included in the instructions, but my guess is that it goes around the tailgate to seal the bed off from water getting in.
If I remember right from installing on a previous truck you are correct. You get a thick and thin bulkhead seal and two thinner seals for the tailgate.

I will be getting an X4 soon. Loved it on my other truck.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1931 Model A, 1999 Evo Chopper.
I ordered it last Friday and it arrived today. I won't be installing it for another few weeks but thanks for the quick shipping.

Dartboy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Miata, 21 MaxTow
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
I have an X4, in the interest of science- I just went out and laid down on it (closed with tailgate up) I'm 6' tall ~245lbs, I pressed down on the cover and felt some flexing, took a deep breath and turned around and sat gently down and laid back. It did deform a bit, but it held all of me but my lower legs and sprung back with no permanent damage that I could see. I don't think I'd trust a point load of standing on it, but the website says it will hold up to it. If anyone offers to buy me a new one if it doesn't- I'm game to try :)

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R and 2017 Chevrolet Bolt
Occupation
Business Owner
If I remember right from installing on a previous truck you are correct. You get a thick and thin bulkhead seal and two thinner seals for the tailgate.

I will be getting an X4 soon. Loved it on my other truck.
Can you show a pic how those thin seals for the tail gate are supposed to be installed? The tail gate corners are the only place I get a good leak if parked ass end uphill especially. (I do have the X4s)

Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
It seems pretty secure. If someone wants in that bad then there's not much that's going to stop them. My opinion, if there's more than one truck around and I've got the "most secure" tonneau and theres a soft one near, they are going to open the soft first. If you want something that secure you might look at an upper decker or something solid. Sorry Alex. That said, this is the toughest roll up that I've seen.

I figured you had a roof rack or something and needed to occasionally stand on the cover for loading/unloading.
Yes, exactly that. Also, I sometimes use my bed to access my top shelves in my garage.

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Hey, installed one of these last week actually on my 2021 (new to the forum, but been lurking a good while before I finally bought one).

I had a Bakflip MX4 (hard tri-fold) on my Tundra and loved it, so wanted a Bakflip for the Galdiator, as a hard folding tonneau cover is the most useful mod I've ever done to a truck.

Went with the X4s, and so far really happy.... a little disappointed I missed out on this offer ha, as I ordered directly from Bakflip which best I can tell IS RealTruck, same basic company.

Install was a pain initially as they sent me the wrong set of instructions in my box that showed I needed to use clamps etc.... after about an hour of cussing, I figured out they messed up, and 30 minutes of Google found the new Gladiator instructions that were easy enough to follow.

Install is setup for both versions of our truck beds (A&B as they call them, both seem to work fine, mine being a 2021 was B and worked great).

They do give two long rubber gaskets, one 3/4" if you have no drop in bed liner, and a 1/4" if you do have a drop in liner. I don't, so I used the 3/4" gasket.

There are also 4 short pieces of rubber molding that I didn't use. They are to keep the rolled up top from hitting the cab, but on a soft top this isn't a factor. Might matter on a hard top, but I doubt it, but if you need them they are included and just stick on where needed.

Other comments from reading this thread, there is no additional gasket that goes on the rear, and I learned from my Tundra days with a bakflip to just always park tailgate down if it is going to rain.... that will keep your bed dry. If you park tailgate uphill, water can enter on either corner, just the nature of the beast. But, it is a really great rear seal, and works with the cover closed, feels like shutting a car door, nice seal.

Yes, I realize this is my first post, but I'm not a shill for Bakflip or RealTruck ha.... I just happened to see this thread and knew I could contribute.

And no, I would not stand on the cover, or even lay on the cover. They claim "400 lbs" but if you notice, they say equally distributed. Think something like 400 lbs of snow or something covering the whole thing evenly. I sure as hell wouldn't stand on my X4s or even my MX4 I had on my Tundra.

Let me know if I can help further, and Alex, help an earlier adopter out here with a credit ha... I didn't even get the "discount" I've seen mentioned, just really wanted the cover on my new truck.

It is a great cover so far though, I'd buy it again. Not 100% I love it more than my MX4 (but they don't recommend MX4's with soft tops because of how they fold up), but I think I might eventually, who knows. I'm curious how the vinyl holds up, as the MX4 is finished aluminum, and looked great even after 5 years.

Did install on my black Willys, so the all black on the X4s does look really sweet :like:

Bennett

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
Hey, installed one of these last week actually on my 2021 (new to the forum, but been lurking a good while before I finally bought one).

I had a Bakflip MX4 (hard tri-fold) on my Tundra and loved it, so wanted a Bakflip for the Galdiator, as a hard folding tonneau cover is the most useful mod I've ever done to a truck.

Went with the X4s, and so far really happy.... a little disappointed I missed out on this offer ha, as I ordered directly from Bakflip which best I can tell IS RealTruck, same basic company.

Install was a pain initially as they sent me the wrong set of instructions in my box that showed I needed to use clamps etc.... after about an hour of cussing, I figured out they messed up, and 30 minutes of Google found the new Gladiator instructions that were easy enough to follow.

Install is setup for both versions of our truck beds (A&B as they call them, both seem to work fine, mine being a 2021 was B and worked great).

They do give two long rubber gaskets, one 3/4" if you have no drop in bed liner, and a 1/4" if you do have a drop in liner. I don't, so I used the 3/4" gasket.

There are also 4 short pieces of rubber molding that I didn't use. They are to keep the rolled up top from hitting the cab, but on a soft top this isn't a factor. Might matter on a hard top, but I doubt it, but if you need them they are included and just stick on where needed.

Other comments from reading this thread, there is no additional gasket that goes on the rear, and I learned from my Tundra days with a bakflip to just always park tailgate down if it is going to rain.... that will keep your bed dry. If you park tailgate uphill, water can enter on either corner, just the nature of the beast. But, it is a really great rear seal, and works with the cover closed, feels like shutting a car down, nice seal.

Yes, I realize this is my first post, but I'm not a shill for Bakflip or RealTruck ha.... I just happened to see this thread and knew I could contribute.

And no, I would not stand on the cover, or even lay on the cover. They claim "400 lbs" but if you notice, they say equally distributed. Think something like 400 lbs of snow or something covering the whole thing evenly. I sure as hell wouldn't stand on my X4s or even my MX4 I had on my Tundra.

Let me know if I can help further, and Alex, help an earlier adopter out here with a credit ha... I didn't even get the "discount" I've seen mentioned, just really wanted the cover on my new truck.

It is a great cover so far though, I'd buy it again. Not 100% I love it more than my MX4 (but they don't recommend MX4's with soft tops because of how they fold up), but I think I might eventually, who knows. I'm curious how the vinyl holds up, as the MX4 is finished aluminum, and looked great even after 5 years.

Did install on my black Willys, so the all black on the X4s does look really sweet :like:

That’s quality info. Thanks for sharing. Post a pic of yours if you get a chance.

Bennett

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
Damn that looks good. Pumped for mine to get here.
Sponsored