First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
Can you show a pic how those thin seals for the tail gate are supposed to be installed? The tail gate corners are the only place I get a good leak if parked ass end uphill especially. (I do have the X4s)
Sorry, I don’t have that truck anymore. If I remember, you put a strip on each side and at the bottom. I also believe the strips went on the bed side and not on the tailgate.
Sponsored

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Big shout out to @Axeman for sending me some pictures of the X4s installed on his Gladiator. As you can see there are t-slots on the cover. I am still in the process of finding out exactly what racks will work with it. I did call on the BK Voodoo rack and the owner said it will work just I don't believe it will utilize the t-slot, he found another way that allows it to mount

IMG_2860.jpeg

IMG_2863.jpeg

IMG_2864.jpeg
Just purchased the X4S. @RealTruck Please keep us updated whenever you find out about crossbar mounts that can be used with the X4S' T-rails.

jorbasaurus

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT
Occupation
HRIS Consulting
Ordered an X4s on Tuesday, and Alex was very upfront that shipping would be delayed by around 25 days - flash forward to today when I received a shipping notification. Arrives this Saturday, super pumped to install!

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1931 Model A, 1999 Evo Chopper.
Hey, installed one of these last week actually on my 2021 (new to the forum, but been lurking a good while before I finally bought one).

I had a Bakflip MX4 (hard tri-fold) on my Tundra and loved it, so wanted a Bakflip for the Galdiator, as a hard folding tonneau cover is the most useful mod I've ever done to a truck.

Went with the X4s, and so far really happy.... a little disappointed I missed out on this offer ha, as I ordered directly from Bakflip which best I can tell IS RealTruck, same basic company.

Install was a pain initially as they sent me the wrong set of instructions in my box that showed I needed to use clamps etc.... after about an hour of cussing, I figured out they messed up, and 30 minutes of Google found the new Gladiator instructions that were easy enough to follow.

Install is setup for both versions of our truck beds (A&B as they call them, both seem to work fine, mine being a 2021 was B and worked great).

They do give two long rubber gaskets, one 3/4" if you have no drop in bed liner, and a 1/4" if you do have a drop in liner. I don't, so I used the 3/4" gasket.

There are also 4 short pieces of rubber molding that I didn't use. They are to keep the rolled up top from hitting the cab, but on a soft top this isn't a factor. Might matter on a hard top, but I doubt it, but if you need them they are included and just stick on where needed.

Other comments from reading this thread, there is no additional gasket that goes on the rear, and I learned from my Tundra days with a bakflip to just always park tailgate down if it is going to rain.... that will keep your bed dry. If you park tailgate uphill, water can enter on either corner, just the nature of the beast. But, it is a really great rear seal, and works with the cover closed, feels like shutting a car door, nice seal.

Yes, I realize this is my first post, but I'm not a shill for Bakflip or RealTruck ha.... I just happened to see this thread and knew I could contribute.

And no, I would not stand on the cover, or even lay on the cover. They claim "400 lbs" but if you notice, they say equally distributed. Think something like 400 lbs of snow or something covering the whole thing evenly. I sure as hell wouldn't stand on my X4s or even my MX4 I had on my Tundra.

Let me know if I can help further, and Alex, help an earlier adopter out here with a credit ha... I didn't even get the "discount" I've seen mentioned, just really wanted the cover on my new truck.

It is a great cover so far though, I'd buy it again. Not 100% I love it more than my MX4 (but they don't recommend MX4's with soft tops because of how they fold up), but I think I might eventually, who knows. I'm curious how the vinyl holds up, as the MX4 is finished aluminum, and looked great even after 5 years.

Did install on my black Willys, so the all black on the X4s does look really sweet :like:
Thanks for the note on the instructions. I will be getting the one off the internet for the 2021 gladiator to make sure it matches the one in the box.

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
Ordered an X4s on Tuesday, and Alex was very upfront that shipping would be delayed by around 25 days - flash forward to today when I received a shipping notification. Arrives this Saturday, super pumped to install!
I ordered mine this last Monday, I want mine too! Lol

Sponsored

Fawkes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Building engineer
I believe I got everyone's initial PM and email responded to!
Don't hesitate to reach out still
Good morning,

I have a 2020 Gladiator sport no trail rail. I would like to know the preice please?

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enabler
@RealTruck Can we use the same integrated rail system used on the Bakflip CS/F1? Looks like the crossbar mounts are attached to the tonneau cover using the t-rails built into the tonneau cover's side rails.

If so, would be nice to have an option for a lower profile crossbar mounts.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
physician
I have old version of this cover and rhino rack crossbars with rhino rack mounts work fine, 59” bars

Sponsored

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
physician
Can you post a picture?
Sure, here it is, I also have a roof top tent that I use on top, works great, bars are 220 dynamic load so plenty of support

C7282AC2-DB01-4758-8259-55BAF45B12C8.jpeg

CEEFB283-3ACB-45CF-ADF5-990FBB9AC780.jpeg

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enabler
Sure, here it is, I also have a roof top tent that I use on top, works great, bars are 220 dynamic load so plenty of support

C7282AC2-DB01-4758-8259-55BAF45B12C8.jpeg

CEEFB283-3ACB-45CF-ADF5-990FBB9AC780.jpeg
Could you be so kind and tell me the exact Rhino Rack pieces included in the rack system you are using?

Looks like there a total of three seperate pieces - pad/base that attaches to the T-rails, Tower, and then crossbars themselves. Is this correct? Are there taller options to allow the X4S to rollup underneath the crossbars?

Thanks!

Last edited:

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy CEEFB283-3ACB-45CF-ADF5-990FBB9AC780

Jeep Gladiator The All New BAK Revolver X4s - Information and Group Buy CEEFB283-3ACB-45CF-ADF5-990FBB9AC780
Can you give some part numbers? I’m having a helluva time figuring out what the heck I’m supposed to buy. Looks like you have a complete setup and a good weight so I’d love to replicate it.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
physician
Good question, took me a while to figure out but it is actually just one kit Y02-490b-NT or Y02-490-NT if you want silver Bars.

Best part is that everything you need comes with the kit (59” bars, feet, etc....) and it is not that expensive and well built....I think I paid around $325 shipped.

As far as I know you cannot raise it up enough to roll up top, that is the only downside

Could you be so kind and tell me the exact Rhino Rack pieces included in the rack system you are using?

Looks like there a total of three seperate pieces - pad/base that attaches to the T-rails, Tower, and then crossbars themselves. Is this correct? Are there taller options to allow the X4S to rollup underneath the crossbars?

Thanks!
Can you give some part numbers? I’m having a helluva time figuring out what the heck I’m supposed to buy. Looks like you have a complete setup and a good weight so I’d love to replicate it.
Sponsored