Sponsored

The importance of not driving where you're not supposed to and Lockers.

motorod

First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Bright White
Hard to survive the concrete jungle of Houston, water has no where to go! I've seen that ditch several times and I get it, it would be way faster for my personal Home Depot runs to get back home going south from there too. I suppose Lowes has a competitive advantage to keep it there :LOL:

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S (FULL PULL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Response Manager
Hard to survive the concrete jungle of Houston, water has no where to go! I've seen that ditch several times and I get it, it would be way faster for my personal Home Depot runs to get back home going south from there too. I suppose Lowes has a competitive advantage to keep it there :LOL:

You're not wrong about the water, that's for sure! Lowes is on the other side. This ditch separates HD from the self-storage next door. It's Hilarious how many people I've seen get stuck there.

The flooding gets nuts here and it barley makes the news. Here I am trying to get my wife from the hospital in my old Wrangler. Gets hairy after the 3-minute mark lol.

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
kudos to you for getting him out 👍
I don't know if I was excited to help someone or more excited to get to use the winch all of a sudden.

Sponsored

motorod

First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Bright White
I don't know if I was excited to help someone or more excited to get to use the winch all of a sudden.
Suprisingly its not as rare as I thought. Can be fun when your successful and you get high five out of it! I've had two opportunities since owning the JTR in the greater Houston area. Once in Freeport near the mouth of the brazos to save sedan in the sand dunes and a truck that kinda sunk after a rain storm near sealy (again near the brazos now that i think about it).

No jokes on the flooding! I've done my best to avoid a dire situation so far but "Glad" to have the right tools if necessary.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
You're not wrong about the water, that's for sure! Lowes is on the other side. This ditch separates HD from the self-storage next door. It's Hilarious how many people I've seen get stuck there.

The flooding gets nuts here and it barley makes the news. Here I am trying to get my wife from the hospital in my old Wrangler. Gets hairy after the 3-minute mark lol.

Reminds me of driving in S FL. was out in the TJ with my daughter one day, all the cars were driving through the 12+ inches of water in the inside lane (highest lane)... we were just cruising through the outside lane. Daughter al of the sudden yells roll up you window, but not for us, it was for the car we were passing that had all their windows down. (was only throwing wakes like you did in the video)

OP
OP
Edub

Edub

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Reminds me of driving in S FL. was out in the TJ with my daughter one day, all the cars were driving through the 12+ inches of water in the inside lane (highest lane)... we were just cruising through the outside lane. Daughter al of the sudden yells roll up you window, but not for us, it was for the car we were passing that had all their windows down. (was only throwing wakes like you did in the video)
Ha!, awesome story. Hoping to have some adventures like that with my kids as well.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So did you tell the driver to turn over the Jeeps ducks for that... :LOL: them dang parking curbs can be a P.T.A. too.
You' all there have some really bad spots when it rains there. My sister lives in Huston, when I visited I noticed the depth markers on some of the roads... 😳😳😳 a snorkel, 12 inch lift and 52 in tires wouldn't help.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The jks have BLD too, but BLD only works if the other tires have fairly solid traction, most likely he had close to no traction on the other 2 as well. I see it a lot out here in the sand and mud where they have 1 ok traction tire but the BLD just won't let that tire dig enough to really get going and cuts power too early so they slowly hop out or worse just dig.

Dude may have had a chance if he cut traction control completely and let it eat.
This has not been my experience in my Gladiator. I had a situation where both rears were on ice and one front was unweighted. Locking the rear diff didn't help.

I eventually unlocked the diff, turned all the electronics back on, and applied gradual steady throttle and the BLD did its thing. It pulled me out with only 1 wheel on good traction.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
This has not been my experience in my Gladiator. I had a situation where both rears were on ice and one front was unweighted. Locking the rear diff didn't help.

I eventually unlocked the diff, turned all the electronics back on, and applied gradual steady throttle and the BLD did its thing. It pulled me out with only 1 wheel on good traction.
Ice and sand/mud are like the opposite in terms of what you want your tires doing though.

Ice you don't want to let it eat, so that makes sense and in 4 wheel drive you want it to cut the spin since your center diff is locked so all your tires don't just slide.

In the sand/mud you want it spinning (assuming it's making marginal forward progress), and the BLD just shuts that tire down then ending my forward progress and then the other one will spin out because it just got all the torque and so the BLD shuts that one down and it just hops out slowly if at all.
Sponsored