Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Also, about two weeks ago, I had the front windows tinted to match the rears. I’ve never tinted front windows before because I just never thought I needed to.

It appears I’ve been missing out for quite some time. The interior heat levels have been lowered quite a bit.
I guess the Tacoma will be getting this treatment when I finally get it out of the garage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Went up to the ol swimmin hole last week. A little cold, but it gets the blood pumpin!

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 2880CBB9-4AD7-46B8-BA2B-A33FDD2DF58E
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 5EFED640-AB6A-406B-A24C-F603EFD40E87
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 04B4CDAA-133B-491B-8812-E1AACBFFF173

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Also popped on a spyderwebshade. No pictures of that because I don’t think anyone wants to look at screen shade…

will be installing my trail cam this weekend. That should be some fun.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
I decided to add more lighting to the front end while I flip flop on the winch choice.

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR AA54788D-4EB4-4CF9-B0F9-7E98A115B600

The output is ridiculous, but it makes it better for those night Offroad excursions. I still want more amber upfront, but that will have to be later.

The lights are from IggyCorp. But, I think he’s not selling them anymore. Iggy is a friend and I support my friends and their endeavors.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Decides to plop in an aFe air filter. I run factory filters Offroad for their superior filtration ability, as well as being able to “knock” the dust out of them. For everyday use, a well designed oiled media filter is just fine, plus the performance gain is nice as well.
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 3CC29E92-AE96-4059-8F54-00742EFA073D

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 67A423C1-4422-4F62-B22D-06718FC39E82

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR B0034C0E-58CD-4B6D-80CD-00154DFF1F79

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR BCC55789-E0DC-4E00-B1A4-DDB02A9C46CE

My ears can hear an extra burble on off throttle deceleration and a slightly noisier acceleration. Other than that, it feels stock. 5 minute install.

I do plan on putting a dorkel on the truck, I just am not sure which one I want. I like the modularity of the Rugged Ridge model. That’s the one I am leaning more towards currently.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Well this all went sideways…

That JT Rubicon’s engine had some noise issues and the several different dealerships that I sent it to for service all couldn’t replicate the issue(even after being supplied with several videos of the noise). So, I traded it in for a 2021 JTDR! Same truck, but with a different drivetrain and a few more options that mine didn’t come with. I really should have just waited for the diesel in the first place.

Now I’m happy. But, I have to start over with all the mods. Seriously, I went in tothe parts department for hood insulator clips and left with an entirely different truck. They gave me 5k over what I paidfor the gas engine truck. It was essentially a wash. Plus, now I don’t have to worryabout an engine with valve train clatter.

I don’t know where I’ll put the newdashcam as there is a huge sensor arraybehind the rear view mirror now. I’ll crack that egg later. Plus, now that I’ve had a shade top on the truck before, I know I want another one, but I am hoping to find something a bit better fitting than the last one I chose.

I’ll pick up another BAMF bumper after Expo West is over and I’ve got to order tires again. I still plan on 315/75R17Goodyear Duratracs. This time around I’ll probably go all Baja Designs for thelighting. I’ll pop on an SPod as my newtruck didn’t come equipped with an accessory switch panel.

I don’t have any pictures due to a seriously hectic work schedule. I’ll post some later. The new truck has the textured black hardtop instead of the body color. I like the black top better.
*quotes from another forum.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Also, my new JT came with a trail cam factory, so now I need to sell the Z Automotive JT camera kit that’s been sitting on a shelf in the garage. It’s new in box. I just never got around to installing it.

$150 plus shipping.

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR C05FD080-0FCD-4A92-AF1B-09C5BBA7762B
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 9C7A618A-8C61-4D03-9C6E-815E302730A1
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR E33E97F3-2AB3-453D-84F4-4C2288597764
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 43D0E147-74B5-4AD6-B77D-37206B948FF9

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
I took a pic today of the new truck. I work a lot and it is sometimes difficult to remember little things like this.

Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 0CCED628-69C3-43F6-AE09-AD767DB62532

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
Welcome to the JTRD club! I nearly did the same thing as you because I had waited so long before the diesel was available, but I stayed the course and am so happy I did! I haven't had time to wheel mine but hope to get out this fall a bit.
Jeep Gladiator The JT TRPR 4A2A21A7-9CE2-4F70-80AC-57169EFFB5A5

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
Can you post a picture of where you mounted the readied camera on the sound bar? Also a picture of whet the video looks like would be great

Sponsored

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Can you post a picture of where you mounted the readied camera on the sound bar? Also a picture of whet the video looks like would be great
That camera and truck are no longer in my possession. Sorry.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
I’ve done a few small mods on the new Gladiator.

Mopar grab handles are a simple/necessary modification. My wife appreciates the extra help up and the daughter thinks they are monkey bar handles just for her.

In my last Gladiator, I had installed a Bulletproof/BulletPoint dash phone mount and I liked the simple design. So, it was only natural to make the same choice for this truck. I did up the ante by installing a double ball mount passenger and a single ball mount driver. Now, my wife can mount her phone where she likes when she comes along for a ride.

I am thinking of ordering another Spyder shade to this truck. I still want to investigate other options in that shade department. The Spyder was a bit floppy for my liking.

Anyone have a different shade cloth experience they’d like to share? I’m all ears for experiences and anecdotal evidence.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
Well, I still haven’t really found a better option than the SpyderShade, so I’ll just order another one.

I also have factory Jeep Window Visor’s on order. Looking forward to having the windows cracked during the sun season here in NorCal.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
I haven’t checked in here in a bit now.

The Gladiator diesel has been a pretty solid vehicle. It definitely not in the same category of reliability as my Tacoma, but I have fallen hard for this truck. Like 64k miles hard. She’s had a few hiccups in the reliability department. I few leaks, a few sensor misreadings. Overall, I love this thing. So much so that the Tacoma is going to go away and the Gladiator will retire from work truck duties and replace the Tacoma as the toy truck. I need to wait for the new work truck to arrive before the JTDR “retires”.

I have performed a few modifications. I essentially copied all the mods I had done to the previous JTR; Dashcam, bumper, etc. as well as a few more. I put a warn winch in. Put some Baja LP9 Pros on the front, added a MOPAR lift, installed an MBRP exhaust and wired in a constant power outlet in the bed. I plan to install my own bed electrical accessory management system as well(taken from the Tacoma). So, it will eventually have a 2000w pure sine inverter, air compressor and tank, water pump and tank, etc. basic camping shiz.

Oh, and I’m on my 5th windshield…

Also, the TR00PR plate on my Tacoma will get swapped to the Gladiator before I sell the Tacoma. Gotta keep the tradition alive.

OP
OP
Anderson

Anderson

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Tinker Extraordinaire
“On June 27th I experienced an abnormal rattling sound and then loss of all power as I was driving home on the freeway from a birthday dinner. I had my 21 JTDR towed to the Walnut Creek Jeep Dodge Ram service department. As it was an overnight drop off, the service department couldn’t start testing until today. I was offered a rental but declined due to the over abundance of vehicles in my driveway. I will pick up my rental tomorrow morning as the Service Adviser(Charles; he’s excellent) informed me that their diesel tech confirmed that the HPFP has left the chat. I will head into the dealership tomorrow and talk about next steps.

I don’t want a buyback. I want this truck. My last JTR had catastrophic engine failure due to camshaft issues and I had to initiate a buyback(lawyer threatened). I don’t want to go through that again. I own this truck. I don’t want to be forced to renegotiate to buy another, again. I will wait for it to be repaired. However, I will probably buy another work truck in the time being. The JT chassis is ideal for me and my work, but so is a Tacoma. I still have my 2015 TRD Pro Tacoma and I’ll likely sell that to buy another.”

This is a copy/paste from another thread in regards to the HPFP recall.
Sponsored