Sponsored

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
You might have said this earlier in the thread and I missed it but did you buy the tailgate wrap as a single piece somewhere or did you outline it yourself?
2 pieces… I had the wrap on back done & also around front fender vents u can buy it done with stripe on Etsy for 70$

Deleted member 28696

Took off the Hauk gladiator letters today & what a PITA!! Jeep letters were a breeze to remove compared to the Hauk’s
Curious, How did you remove the Jeep Letters? do they just pull off or do you use dental floss or are they mounted with bolts?

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave

Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Thanks! I removed them today, it was 100 degree's so no heat gun required. It was kind of a pain getting the glue off I'm not gonna lie lol, Just got to keep dabbing with the glue roll, nice and clean now.
Lol, that’s sissy weather!
Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 9FE16067-28B1-40D4-8ED8-FFB2AE621230

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks! I removed them today, it was 100 degree's so no heat gun required. It was kind of a pain getting the glue off I'm not gonna lie lol, Just got to keep dabbing with the glue roll, nice and clean now.
Glad to hear it worked well for you.

As I had noted it does require some patience, but does get it all off without risking marring, or damaging the paint finish on the gate.

In my former life, I was shop manager & lead installer at my family's truck cap & accessory business for over 20 years.
This method proved to be the least of the evils that we found to clean the 3M foam tape adhesive resedue when required.

Choatecav

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Ok, you are almost home now, but just a word of advice. Once you get that old glue off, there is still a slight residue so what you want to do is the following:
a) rub the area with some goof-off or a similar product
b) wash the area with a sudsy car wash soap to remove the above
c) Lightly apply a paste wax of some type to the area.

Reason for this is the residue of the old glue is still there. You may not see it now but after a rain or build up of dust, the old lettering area will look different. The steps above should take care of it.
Bye

Sponsored

Deleted member 28696

Ok, you are almost home now, but just a word of advice. Once you get that old glue off, there is still a slight residue so what you want to do is the following:
a) rub the area with some goof-off or a similar product
b) wash the area with a sudsy car wash soap to remove the above
c) Lightly apply a paste wax of some type to the area.

Reason for this is the residue of the old glue is still there. You may not see it now but after a rain or build up of dust, the old lettering area will look different. The steps above should take care of it.
Bye
Thanks,

I did use a product by Adams called TAR which is an adhesive remover for vehicles.

I rinsed it down with water but probably good idea to use soap & wax.

Hopefully that will take care of it,

I appreciate it :)

Deleted member 28696

Lol, that’s sissy weather!
Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! 9FE16067-28B1-40D4-8ED8-FFB2AE621230
LOL but we may have -20 below here in a few months :) 114 is a bit too hot, 100 today was good enough to heat the tail gate to remove the emblems without burning the hands. I waited for the clouds to come by so it had cooled things down just a tad.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Thanks,

I did use a product by Adams called TAR which is an adhesive remover for vehicles.

I rinsed it down with water but probably good idea to use soap & wax.

Hopefully that will take care of it,

I appreciate it :)
Agree with the final wash with soap, but if you will be applying new letters, or a blackout graphic don't apply any wax to the paint.
It will prevent the new adhesive from bonding properly to the surface.
Any time you install a self adhesive graphic, or badge always wipe the area down with rubbing alcohol, or your Adams adhesive cleaner to remove any wax prior to the install.

Deleted member 28696

Glad to hear it worked well for you.

As I had noted it does require some patience, but does get it all off without risking marring, or damaging the paint finish on the gate.

In my former life, I was shop manager & lead installer at my family's truck cap & accessory business for over 20 years.
This method proved to be the least of the evils that we found to clean the 3M foam tape adhesive resedue when required.
Agree with the final wash with soap, but if you will be applying new letters, or a blackout graphic don't apply any wax to the paint.
It will prevent the new adhesive from bonding properly to the surface.
Any time you install a self adhesive graphic, or badge always wipe the area down with rubbing alcohol, or your Adams adhesive cleaner to remove any wax prior to the install.
Makes sense with the adhesion piece. I'll be replacing the Jeep emblem with the GLADIATOR tailgate emblem, it's on order but wanted to get the hard part out of the way while the temps were high so I wouldn't need to purchase a heat gun. I also removed the dealer stickers, didn't want to be a rolling advertisement for them.

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
Anyone heard from limitless recently? I ordered custom letters and they sent the wrong ones. Last week they said they had the right ones ready to ship but never sent tracking or shipping confirmation and haven't responded to texts. It's been over a week. I get that they are busy, but I got ghosted and if I have someone else's letters (they are also custom) hopefully they aren't waiting for the ones I have.

I'm about to paint these and wrap the front in vinyl. Sucks as I could have done that with the regular order ones...

Probably going to try calling them on Monday.
Sponsored