Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Would it change the size of the lettering a whole lot, or just the spacing between the letters, to get this done as "GladaRaideR" in the obvious Silver and Black? Or would you even consider doing it? I'd do the leveling as I know on a one off the template would probably not be available.
I think it's possible. I tossed between a 46" wide (length) version and a 44" wide version. Both lengths fit well on the tailgate. You could also cut the spacing in half (from .5 to .25), which I also tested out. After bumping to 46" and cutting spacing in half you could then have the sizes of the letters shrunk a tad to accommodate the additional two letters any further.

I would recommend keeping all the letters as capitals though and just enlarging the middle R as well.
Sponsored

19Comanche86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys,1986 Comanche XLS (LS1 swap)
Occupation
Firefighter/ Paramedic / Home inspector
Nice you got it done yourself!! Saves you a drive down to me lol

I figured the PDF route would be the easiest way to go. What print shop did you go to?
Figured I would give it a go first haha thanks for all your help. The PDF is a game changer. Made it super easy. The UPS store was able to print it out. Was $5

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Figured I would give it a go first haha thanks for all your help. The PDF is a game changer. Made it super easy. The UPS store was able to print it out. Was $5
Great! I'll probably end up revising my long winded install post it's just not necessary with the PDF route. I edited my first comment to you, noting I was glad you snagged a pic of the template up with the holes showing. I forgot to do so was glad you did. Gives people the reassurance of the holes being covered.

19Comanche86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I saved the PDF print out. I might make a couple cardboard templates, and if people on the board what to use it I can ship it to them and then they can mail it forward to the next person that needs it. As long as it’s taken care of it should be able to be used multiple times over.

Sponsored

19Comanche86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Better lighting. The red is nice.

5BA5C04E-5EF9-4DA8-AD77-4CC5627F0E6B.jpeg

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Yes, I would definitely like all Caps, I just did it like that to show that I would like the R in Raider to be the same size as the G and R on both ends.
What kind of cost difference are we talking? I’m guessing I won’t be the only one to buy this.
Any way that you can do a artist rendering to see what it might actually look like? Both Silver on Black and Black on Silver if so please. Thank you Sir.

Well that was supposed to include a quote from tampahoosier. Still learning this forum. Second post...

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Would it change the size of the lettering a whole lot, or just the spacing between the letters, to get this done as "GladaRaideR" in the obvious Silver and Black? Or would you even consider doing it? I'd do the leveling as I know on a one off the template would probably not be available.
You should print off the PDF and then mock up a template with the PDF letters. - maybe have the legs of the middle ‘R’ wrap around the camera. Cut a cardboard template and mount it on your tailgate and post a picture... all the letters you need are there except the ‘E’ - you’d have to make that yourself, but the rest just photo copy from the pdf.

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I saved the PDF print out. I might make a couple cardboard templates, and if people on the board what to use it I can ship it to them and then they can mail it forward to the next person that needs it. As long as it’s taken care of it should be able to be used multiple times over.
I'll take one please!!!

19Comanche86

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’ll try to make one or two this weekend.

I think it would be cool if we could just pass them around as needed. I’ll cover the shipping to send it to you, and you can do the same for the next person. We used to do something similar on SVT Performance (mustang forum) and it worked good.

The cardboard I have is pretty thick, it’s from a pool vacuum box. The letters are a bit tight so
You have to be careful removing the template but it should hold up for several uses.

Sponsored

DocMcStuffins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I’ll try to make one or two this weekend.

I think it would be cool if we could just pass them around as needed. I’ll cover the shipping to send it to you, and you can do the same for the next person. We used to do something similar on SVT Performance (mustang forum) and it worked good.

The cardboard I have is pretty thick, it’s from a pool vacuum box. The letters are a bit tight so
You have to be careful removing the template but it should hold up for several uses.
Good man!!!

grownwrong

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave, 2020 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
engineer
I ordered on the 11th and shows shipped today. I think I am going to take tailgate off to apply.
Yeah, I was thinking that removing the gate would be a smart idea to get a static working area (not fighting gravity)

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered on the 11th and shows shipped today. I think I am going to take tailgate off to apply.
Yeah, I was thinking that removing the gate would be a smart idea to get a static working area (not fighting gravity)
Only problem I see going that route is you won’t be able to ensure the badge is level. You need to slap a level over the top of the stencil and/or letters to make sure the thing is level and letters are even. If you remove the tailgate and lay it flat on the ground you lose that ability.

Personally, I’d leave the tailgate on and do it the way 19commanche85 did and I suggested with the pdf print. It sounds intimidating but it’s not.
Sponsored