Surgical CSFA
Ordered, can’t wait!
Sponsored

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Looks so good. Like others I will not be able to get this straight. My preference would still be a clean tail gate followed by this here

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls... What you see here is a genuine "Damn, why didn't Jeep do this?" moment!

After hounding several companies for months on end trying to get a two layer/dual color “Gladiator” badge for the tailgate, I finally got one made! I couldn’t be more happy with the end result. I wanted a red/dark grey color scheme that matched the stock Jeep rubicon lettering and think I nailed it. I thought other kits (i.e. Hauk Offroad) were too small, so I wanted mine bigger. We went back and forth for a week working out the proper size for the outer letters (G-R) and all the inside lettering, spacing between the letters, and even several mock up printouts to confirm what variant and placement fit best and looked the most "stock".

The lettering is made from acrylic, and is laser cut with 3M adhesive for the backing. MADE here in the good ol' USA! I did have to make my own stencil kit, but that wasn't hard, just time consuming. I had the shop print out a spacer at the specified size so that each letter had the proper spacing. I lined up the letters on a piece of thick cardboard, taped them down, then used an X-acto knife to cut around them.

For those that don't want vinyl wrap on the tailgate like I did... The cool part is I worked out the measurements so that the holes from the original Jeep badge are covered by the new badge.

*** Edit: The purchase link is live! There are 3 options for $98 each: Rubicon, Mojave or Black/Red. Any other custom color combo is $118 due to the time involved.

https://limitlessparts.com/products...e-lettering-dual-color?variant=39258389348413

678E8418-710A-4EB5-A2A4-0C8FE21211B3_1_201_a.jpeg
9B0832A0-7838-4E6A-A8DB-8AD974642BD5_1_201_a.jpeg
31C0D386-F7E1-46ED-9489-C18EA5BDA108_1_201_a.jpeg
32C08E15-A78E-4D9A-BA04-176D7A7ADC84_1_201_a.jpeg
Friggin Beautiful!!

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
May I officially say, completely comfortable with my sexuality as well as a 22 year marriage in the books, that you sir have a very fine ass there.

I applaud your behind!
That is Definitely A Hind End Worth Kissin!

Sponsored

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
Looks so good. Like others I will not be able to get this straight. My preference would still be a clean tail gate followed by this here
That is Definitely A Hind End Worth Kissin!
I don’t know whether to be jealous or relieved lol but thanks I think my ass end is my best quality now!

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
If they offer a proper stencil, I’m in, even if I had to pay for the stencil. Better then wasting time, not coming out right and running the adhesive and throwing them away out of frustration like I could see myself doing, lol.

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If they offer a proper stencil, I’m in, even if I had to pay for the stencil. Better then wasting time, not coming out right and running the adhesive and throwing them away out of frustration like I could see myself doing, lol.
I hear ya, I had the same sentiment. For what it’s worth I did fudge up the first one i put on the tailgate. And that was just the 4 letter Jeep badge. But it came with a shitty styrofoam stencil.

Check out my post earlier in this thread on how to make a stencil. It’s long and wordy but is dumbed down a lot and very descriptive.

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JT
It might be worth the extra $ to ask a sign business to install the lettering then trying to do it alone

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
I hear ya, I had the same sentiment. For what it’s worth I did fudge up the first one i put on the tailgate. And that was just the 4 letter Jeep badge. But it came with a shitty styrofoam stencil.

Check out my post earlier in this thread on how to make a stencil. It’s long and wordy but is dumbed down a lot and very descriptive.
I saw that and it is very well done but I wouldn’t have the time or patience to do that.

would be easier for the company to make a perfect stencil out of the same material as the emblem and sell it as an option for those who want it.

You have an in with them, perhaps make a suggestion?

Sponsored

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I saw that and it is very well done but I wouldn’t have the time or patience to do that.

would be easier for the company to make a perfect stencil out of the same material as the emblem and sell it as an option for those who want it.

You have an in with them, perhaps make a suggestion?
I have been chatting with them about this. I think it would not be cost effective to make a stencil out of that material though. I have been spitballing ideas on what machines he has he could simply gut the gladiator letters OUT of a piece of cardboard. Then fold that up and ship it off. I think even then it would be easier, you mark the center point on the cardboard with the tailgate center point, put a level on top, then tape it to the tailgate and have at it.

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
FYI to all - I have added a full size pdf template to the how to guide and labeled it as option 1. It's obviously the easier/quicker route. You can take the pdf to a print shop, kinkos or whatever and have them print it. It is the full size badge. Once it is printed, put it on cardboard and trace it out, then cut out the letters. At that point you just need to make sure you cut a level line at the top of the cardboard that is level with the top of the lettering. That way you can use a level and place it on top of the cardboard to make sure the badge is level on the tailgate.

If you don't have a level you can of course take the measurement route. Take several measurements from the top of the stencil to the indent in the tailgate to confirm its leveled across.

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Would love to see a set on a Mojave with orange outline. I’m on the fence.

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to see a set on a Mojave with orange outline. I’m on the fence.
Agreed, I’m hoping in the next week as orders start to ship and deliver we will see people post them on this thread. It will be great to see the Mojave version and other color combos people come up with.

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Agreed, I’m hoping in the next week as orders start to ship and deliver we will see people post them on this thread. It will be great to see the Mojave version and other color combos people come up with.
I bit the bullet. Just ordered.
Sponsored