First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Nice. Looks more 3-D than it actually is. Almost like the bas relief "RAM" on the tailgate.

margrxsalt

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I did this to my JT it I’d rather this for sure!!

18D58937-486E-4779-B995-6C09830B18C1.jpeg
is that from hauk offroad, do you have the dimensions for the letters, i want do do an overlay for mine. The original was black i would love to do a color overlay in a diff color. thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cybersecurity - Cyber Intelligence
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. Looks more 3-D than it actually is. Almost like the bas relief "RAM" on the tailgate.
I believe the overall thickness is roughly 1/8" but here is a better picture of the overall thickness:

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! tempImageyLcKY7

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I believe the overall thickness is roughly 1/8" but here is a better picture of the overall thickness:

Jeep Gladiator The last Gladiator Tailgate Badge You Will Ever Need! tempImageyLcKY7
Oh ok, it's a lot thicker than I thought, very nice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Any discount codes???
Not that I'm aware of or offered. But I think the price is pretty spot on.

Oh ok, it's a lot thicker than I thought, very nice.
Yup it is. This isn't just your standard 2 color vinyl, it's acrylic. So very much like the original "Jeep" tailgate badge in terms of thickness and 3-D-esque look.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
When you say custom color are you talking about the center or could the outside edge be different? What colors are available?

OP
OP
tampahoosier

tampahoosier

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
When you say custom color are you talking about the center or could the outside edge be different? What colors are available?
From my understanding if you want anything other than one of the 3 options listed it becomes custom. BUT I would imagine if you wanted just all black or something else easy that only requires 1 email exchange, I imagine you could ask if keeping the cost at the $98 price point would be ok. He was a super nice guy and easy to work with.

As far as colors, I think it's whatever you want to some extent and that's most likely where the custom cost comes into play. It's a lot of back and forth with colors and mock ups so it's just more time consuming for him to make sure he gets what you want properly. Definitely ask him and report back though, he was a super cool guy!

Last edited:

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
From my understanding if you want anything other than one of the 3 options listed it becomes custom. BUT I would imagine if you wanted just all black or something else easy that only requires 1 email exchange, I imagine you could ask if keeping the cost at the $98 price point would be ok. He was a super nice guy and easy to work with.

As far as colors, I think it's whatever you want to some extent and that's most likely where the custom cost comes into play. It's a lot of back and forth with colors and mock ups so it's just more time consuming for him to make sure he gets what you want properly. Definitely ask him and report back though, he was a super cool guy!
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls... What you see here is a genuine "Damn, why didn't Jeep do this?" moment!

After hounding several companies for months on end trying to get a two layer/dual color “Gladiator” badge for the tailgate, I finally got one made! I couldn’t be more happy with the end result. I wanted a red/dark grey color scheme that matched the stock Jeep rubicon lettering and think I nailed it. I thought other kits (i.e. Hauk Offroad) were too small, so I wanted mine bigger. We went back and forth for a week working out the proper size for the outer letters (G-R) and all the inside lettering, spacing between the letters, and even several mock up printouts to confirm what variant and placement fit best and looked the most "stock".

The lettering is made from acrylic, and is laser cut with 3M adhesive for the backing. MADE here in the good ol' USA! I did have to make my own stencil kit, but that wasn't hard, just time consuming. I had the shop print out a spacer at the specified size so that each letter had the proper spacing. I lined up the letters on a piece of thick cardboard, taped them down, then used an X-acto knife to cut around them.

For those that don't want vinyl wrap on the tailgate like I did... The cool part is I worked out the measurements so that the holes from the original Jeep badge are covered by the new badge.

*** Edit: The purchase link is live! There are 3 options for $98 each: Rubicon, Mojave or Black/Red. Any other custom color combo is $118 due to the time involved.

https://limitlessparts.com/products...e-lettering-dual-color?variant=39258389348413

is this the black and red or grey and red? Can’t really tell for sure. The original Jeep is grey on the back but I’d think black and red will match my rubicon vinyl better overall.