Sponsored

The SmartCap Gladiator Editions are in production!

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
Jeep Gladiator The SmartCap Gladiator Editions are in production! RSI Logo

Hello to all on the Gladiator Forum,

This video is for all of you who are anxious about the SmartCap EVO and EVOc Gladiator editions becoming available in North America. October can't get here quick enough!!!

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

The RSi Team

P.S. The voice you hear is none other than our fearless leader and product designer, Mike Voss!!

Jeep Gladiator The SmartCap Gladiator Editions are in production! SmartCap Headline copy

Sponsored

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
Any Canadian distribution of your products?

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Any Canadian distribution of your products?
CapIt is an authorized dealer in Western Canada. For Eastern Canada, I would encourage you to click on this dealer locator link and search for a local dealer. If you have any problems finding one, hit us up and Rick Webber, our Northern Sales Manager, can assist you.

Sponsored

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
So excited!

I got a call today letting me know mine will be arriving at the vendor's location at the end of September...October 1st at the latest! I can't wait to get it on there :rock:

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
So excited!

I got a call today letting me know mine will be arriving at the vendor's location at the end of September...October 1st at the latest! I can't wait to get it on there :rock:
I hate having to type this as we all want these caps here sooner, but we also want to manage expectations. Outside of our pre-COVID ship dates, our website has consistently stated October for the delivery date. I'm not sure where your dealer is getting his information, but with the Gladiator Edition caps being in production right now I would not plan on the caps being available until probably mid to late October. It takes about a month for them to arrive from South Africa and then another week or two for Keystone to receive them at port and get them into their warehouses.

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Wow, these are nice. I assume they are easy enough to have painted since they are SS?

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I hate having to type this as we all want these caps here sooner, but we also want to manage expectations. Outside of our pre-COVID ship dates, our website has consistently stated October for the delivery date. I'm not sure where your dealer is getting his information, but with the Gladiator Edition caps being in production right now I would not plan on the caps being available until probably mid to late October. It takes about a month for them to arrive from South Africa and then another week or two for Keystone to receive them at port and get them into their warehouses.
Hmmm well that is unfortunate news...the dealer told me they had received an update directly from the RSI shipping company letting them know that the cap would be arriving at the end of September. They called me out of the blue with this update, I have not reached out to them at all asking about an arrival date, so they had no reason to just tell me a date.

Is it possible some of them might arrive sooner? In the video it looks like some are already packed up in boxes (one user here said he could see his name on one of the boxes) - so it seems like maybe some of them could be on their way?

I don't mind waiting, just seems weird the dealer would randomly call me with an incorrect timeline unless they really did get a notification from the shipping company about when it would be arriving.

Either way I guess we will find out!

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Wow, these are nice. I assume they are easy enough to have painted since they are SS?
Thank you very much and you are completely correct. As the cap is built and painted just like your Jeep (meaning it is made of stainless steel, primed and painted), it can absolutely be re-painted.

Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We appreciate the updates, @RSI North America Inc! I can't wait to get my hands on mine.

I do have a bit of a random question, as I continue to plan out my build components: I looked but was unable to find a picture with your Gladiator canopy with the rear window opened. I would like to use a 270 degree awning (one that wraps around the rear of the vehicle). Will I be able to do so without resting and, inevitably, inadvertently banging the rear window against my awning? Does your window open to parallel to the ground, or higher? Also, can the windows be stopped at multiple positions?

I hope my question makes sense. Thanks! Looking forward to more updates!

blackeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
We appreciate the updates, @RSI North America Inc! I can't wait to get my hands on mine.

I do have a bit of a random question, as I continue to plan out my build components: I looked but was unable to find a picture with your Gladiator canopy with the rear window opened. I would like to use a 270 degree awning (one that wraps around the rear of the vehicle). Will I be able to do so without resting and, inevitably, inadvertently banging the rear window against my awning? Does your window open to parallel to the ground, or higher? Also, can the windows be stopped at multiple positions?

I hope my question makes sense. Thanks! Looking forward to more updates!
Not RSI so I don't have all these answers but they posted a number of photos in this thread that show it opening parallel to the ground, and a few inches below the roof line.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...p-evo-goes-on-gladiator-with-a-softtop.34099/

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase