Sponsored

Thinking of Quick Discos

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
So I'm thinking of putting on some quick disconnects for my front sway bar but the only one I can find for stock height that doesn't have me shave off the passenger side tab is a TeraFlex one on Amazon and the reviews aren't exact many or glowing. Link for that below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0877BG25P/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=AZ3U4G0N0HCZB&psc=1

I'm wondering if there is a cheaper solution I can put in place with my stock gear by just putting on a bullet type disconnector. Would something like this actually work on our stock equipment? If so, does anyone know proper size/length or have a link for the proper one for stock? I know someone else in another thread pointed out a bolt you can use but I"d rather have a more tested solution in place rather than a bolt with washer and pins.

https://www.amazon.com/Rubicon-Expr...disconnect&qid=1617813340&s=automotive&sr=1-2
Sponsored

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I can’t help you with your question but I’ll add that JKS quick disconnects come in stock height, are high quality, and it takes all of 20 seconds to cut that tab off.

I’ve ran Teraflex disconnects before and the bushings didn’t last as long as I would’ve expected.

Pescado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I have those with my 2.5" Terraflex lift and I have no problems, no noise issues like the reviews say.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I have not done it but always thought you just cut the rod, then cut a sleeve to slide over both ends, through bolt one end and put a quick disconnecting pin on the other

OP
OP
Sazabi19

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I can’t help you with your question but I’ll add that JKS quick disconnects come in stock height, are high quality, and it takes all of 20 seconds to cut that tab off.

I’ve ran Teraflex disconnects before and the bushings didn’t last as long as I would’ve expected.
My truck is leased so I won't be cutting off the tab. I've seen plenty of JK kits with 0 lift specified but my 2 criteria seem to be really hard to find for JL/JT.

What I was hoping to do was just unscrew the bolt and put on a bullet so I could just remove the pin and go when I want. I don't want to have to carry around a torque wrench and get under a messy truck before/after to tend to the disconnect.

@Pescado I don't have a lift though, that's the issue. Finding some for a truck w/o a lift is proving difficult.

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I have the Teraflex set on mine with a 1.5" leveling kit. They sit slightly high but nothing that's compromised my ride comfort. They do need to be greased which I know a lot of people forego doing and normally leads to the biggest complaint that the bushings go. 2+2=4, just saying... Overall, for the money they're the best bang for the buck especially if you want to not have to cut stock components off, but be aware if you're running aftermarket inner liners the brackets may interfere and require modification. I did a full write up and review on my build thread if you want more info.
Sponsored