Vehicle Showcase

Neohiofan

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jk polar edition
I traded in a 19 JL with 10k miles, dynatrac 2” lift, 37” ridge grapplers, on kmc bead.ocks, rockslide engineering steps for a 2020 sport s max tow. Well worth it.

OP
OP
jeepfreakedc

jeepfreakedc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I traded in a 19 JL with 10k miles, dynatrac 2” lift, 37” ridge grapplers, on kmc bead.ocks, rockslide engineering steps for a 2020 sport s max tow. Well worth it.
Nice! Have you done any mods (or planning to) on the JT yet?

Sponsored

Neohiofan

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jk polar edition
I’ve already have rubi sliders to replace steps, rubicon suspension to replace shocks and front springs, 33 or 35 inch tires, air compressor, replace 7” radio with 8.5” radio, rugged ridge snorkel, cubed lights, rubi steel front bumper, & bushwhacker rocker guards, and hood deflectors, 12v plug in bed for fridge. Eventually lockers front/rear & diff covers.

Cajun4X4

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
X-ray Tech
I had two JKs before my JTR. All I can say is best of both worlds! The bed can make it a bit difficult on some trails, but its worth the trade off.

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
I’ve already have rubi sliders to replace steps, rubicon suspension to replace shocks and front springs, 33 or 35 inch tires, air compressor, replace 7” radio with 8.5” radio, rugged ridge snorkel, cubed lights, rubi steel front bumper, & bushwhacker rocker guards, and hood deflectors, 12v plug in bed for fridge. Eventually lockers front/rear & diff covers.
So why didn’t you just buy a Rubicon JT?
cheers

Bigphe JT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1979 Jeep CJ7
We have both, a JL in Stingray gray like yours (hers) and a JT in Gobi (mine). Love your JL. Looks like you have really modded it well. Both have 33s on stock suspension with just side steps as mods. They are both great vehicles. The JL seems a bit pepper, seems to drive a little better and I love the soft top. The JT is so much more practical for me. I love having a pick up bed and it tows really well. Really depends on what you need it for. I would imagine off roading, the JL is going to be a better option though.

Sponsored

Neohiofan

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jk polar edition
I had a 2014 JK that I built into a rock krawler. I loved off-roading it. Sold it in November 2018. Ordered a JL because I thought I was getting g a promotion and moving to Atlanta. No time to off-road much with promotion and needed something to drive back home till my daughter graduated and wife moved down to Atlanta with me. Well had shoulder surgery in those time frames and boss called and asked when I’d be back at work. Got released from my doctor but company doctor wouldn’t let me back. So I didn’t get the promotion. Had the JL at that point and started a build on it. Really like the gladiator and when I bought a boat sold the JL and bought the JT. I don’t plan on anything more than light off-roading because I’m 44 and back is killing me after a weekend of rock bouncing. So the truck is jack of all trades. Take top off and cruise around, off-road, tow, haul stuff in the bed....

studiodfw

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
Jeep Gladiator Thinking of trading in the JL... 1F75B02F-6115-473B-92D4-826329D639F8
Jeep Gladiator Thinking of trading in the JL... A53EB229-BD3C-4864-94D6-19BFBFEDAE46

I purchased my Wrangler in 2018 when they were very first released. 54k miles when I traded her for the Mojave. She took us to a lot of gnarly locations and she always got us home. I really loved that Jeep but still... zero regrets. The Mojave is an exceptional vehicle. Things I miss... my steel bumpers (just found an OEM front bumper) and turning radius. However, for me the pros FAR away the cons. If you haven’t already I highly recommend driving a Mojave. They are spectacular.

OP
OP
jeepfreakedc

jeepfreakedc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
We have both, a JL in Stingray gray like yours (hers) and a JT in Gobi (mine). Love your JL. Looks like you have really modded it well. Both have 33s on stock suspension with just side steps as mods. They are both great vehicles. The JL seems a bit pepper, seems to drive a little better and I love the soft top. The JT is so much more practical for me. I love having a pick up bed and it tows really well. Really depends on what you need it for. I would imagine off roading, the JL is going to be a better option though.
Yea, for strictly off roading, the shorter wheelbase on the JL will definitely work better, but having a truck is always nice...

OP
OP
jeepfreakedc

jeepfreakedc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Gladiator Thinking of trading in the JL... A53EB229-BD3C-4864-94D6-19BFBFEDAE46

I purchased my Wrangler in 2018 when they were very first released. 54k miles when I traded her for the Mojave. She took us to a lot of gnarly locations and she always got us home. I really loved that Jeep but still... zero regrets. The Mojave is an exceptional vehicle. Things I miss... my steel bumpers (just found an OEM front bumper) and turning radius. However, for me the pros FAR away the cons. If you haven’t already I highly recommend driving a Mojave. They are spectacular.
I test drove one the other day. It was really fun to drive. Nice ride!

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Just made the switch from JLUR to Mojave. Love the new ride. Zero regrets.
Sponsored