First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic
Checking to see if any with a 2021 Gladiator is having this problem. Service throttle positioning, Limp mood kicks in slowing to 20MPH, Check engine light comes on and Traction control light. I’ve only seen this when going up hills, long range hills not a short two or three miles. Comes in for sure when towing up hills.
This would only be for Diesel motors. I have two other friends with this same issues.
Jeep Gladiator Throttle control issue 2021 Diesel 2E4AC858-6B5E-45BC-8EA6-B3FD49E2C53D
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
The motor is derating. What is your oil temperature what this happens?

OP
OP
Jefferyfica

Jefferyfica

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic
The motor is derating. What is your oil temperature what this happens?
Oil and all temperatures have been completely normal. In fact the first time it happened was in November with the outside ari temp in the 60’s. It’s done this nine times now and been to three different dealerships.
But to answer your question my oil temp runs between 210 and 225 on hot days.

del_b

First Name
Del
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S diesel 21 and JLUR 18
Occupation
Network engineer
we had this exact issue. far far far worst during rain/wet roads. JT Sport S 2021 Diesel. Been in the shop a few times. After the last time, they said they didn't find anything. I talked to the service tech (a young lady I know from when my daughter was in marching band and I was a band dad). After a 10-minute conversion, she went to the service manager. They looked for chaffed cables or bad connections. Found major chaffing on cable YX230A. (Between Trans and the computer) They also replaced an exhaust gasket on that side. We have not fully tested it yet.

I requested the Dealer get a $15 dollar seven-pin trailer light tester and test the system while wet. you might want to get one and test it during a good rain.

Also, turn on the option to show what gear you are in. (It will be a small number next to the "D") Our would only go into 3rd gear. No Higher, no lower.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jefferyfica

Jefferyfica

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic
we had this exact issue. far far far worst during rain/wet roads. JT Sport S 2021 Diesel. Been in the shop a few times. After the last time, they said they didn't find anything. I talked to the service tech (a young lady I know from when my daughter was in marching band and I was a band dad). After a 10-minute conversion, she went to the service manager. They looked for chaffed cables or bad connections. Found major chaffing on cable YX230A. (Between Trans and the computer) They also replaced an exhaust gasket on that side. We have not fully tested it yet.

I requested the Dealer get a $15 dollar seven-pin trailer light tester and test the system while wet. you might want to get one and test it during a good rain.

Also, turn on the option to show what gear you are in. (It will be a small number next to the "D") Our would only go into 3rd gear. No Higher, no lower.
Thanks for the info. Some of this raises eyebrows. As far as water I don’t think so just because it’s done it every time in dry situations. As for the shifting aspects, yes I agree on that defiantly is an issue I’ve experienced also. I haven’t tried manually shifting it just yet but I need to.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
do a search for EGR gasket. There is a wire loom that runs close and will cut into the loom and cause similar issues.

OP
OP
Jefferyfica

Jefferyfica

First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic
Will do thanks again.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I have also had this issue and the dealer can not find anything substantial. I have had it in 5 times for this and is derates almost every time I tow my camper. Dash lights ups and then I get maybe 1/2 throttle and can not go over 55mph. This last time the dealer said I was pushing it to much and if I continue I could risk voiding my warranty. My trailer is in spec and I can not tow above 60 mph. My oil temp is under 240 when this happens. This is a different error than overheating derating. I may be selling my gladiator if this continues.
Sponsored