Sponsored

Throttle Controllers that work with cruise control?

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
For those of you who have a throttle controller, I am wondering if any of them work with your cruise control on...I have a Banks Pedal Monster, while using the app I see everything go blank when the cruise is set. While no a major surprise, Im wondering if any of them are actually able to control throttle response while using CC. I know the amount of gas given while using CC has nothing to do with the actual pedal so this may not be possible, just thought I would ask...
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Mine works with the cruise control. I never think about the fact that it's even there.
It's an evc ultimate9 (idrive).

OP
OP
21Moja

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Mine works with the cruise control. I never think about the fact that it's even there.
It's an evc ultimate9 (idrive).
I didnt give it much thought either but I can feel the difference in the response when I put CC on...Banks hasnt been any help, I was thinking maybe it was working just not showing on the app.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I think it may be two different circuits, one at the pedal and another at the steering wheel. The throttle controllers interrupt the signal from the pedal and send a higher voltage to the pcm, so it would not surprise me if the steering wheel’s cruise control buttons send the OE signals to the PCM.

OP
OP
21Moja

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I think it may be two different circuits, one at the pedal and another at the steering wheel. The throttle controllers interrupt the signal from the pedal and send a higher voltage to the pcm, so it would not surprise me if the steering wheel’s cruise control buttons send the OE signals to the PCM.
Which, I guess, leads to the question as to how different controllers are connected to the Jeep. If one works and others dont you would think they are being connected in different ways

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Which, I guess, leads to the question as to how different controllers are connected to the Jeep. If one works and others dont you would think they are being connected in different ways
The only difference I am aware of is between Banks and their competitors: where banks draws power from the OBDII port and the rest are dependent on the pedal assembly.

TroutFishingInAmerica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
This kinda makes sense. Since the Jeep is controlled by the cc and not the pedal I can see why the Banks Pedal Monster display would go blank. I have a manual transmission with the regular cc (not the adaptive cc), and also running the Banks. If you want I will take her out and set the cc with the Banks display on and see what happens, just let me know. I have never ran the display with cc on, haven't had a reason to.

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I did some research before going with a pedal commander. In all of them I checked, you lose the added throttle response when the cruise is set. As soon as you tap the brake or cancel cc it is back but there is no boost when the cruise is getting you back up to your set speed when hitting resume after having to brake

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I did some research before going with a pedal commander. In all of them I checked, you lose the added throttle response when the cruise is set. As soon as you tap the brake or cancel cc it is back but there is no boost when the cruise is getting you back up to your set speed when hitting resume after having to brake
Absolutely because all of them modify the pedal output. Cruise ignores that unless you over-ride.
There's no question they won't work with cruise. Cruise is a totally different input from the pedal.
Those modifying units only modify pedal output and can't impact cruise.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
For those of you who have a throttle controller, I am wondering if any of them work with your cruise control on...I have a Banks Pedal Monster, while using the app I see everything go blank when the cruise is set. While no a major surprise, Im wondering if any of them are actually able to control throttle response while using CC. I know the amount of gas given while using CC has nothing to do with the actual pedal so this may not be possible, just thought I would ask...
I'm trying to picture this in my head.

So you have the cruise control on and set. You want to step on the gas to pass someone, correct? And you want to know if the pedal response is still the same with the Pedal Monster setting or it goes back to the stock setting?

I have the Pedal Monster with the iDash gauge. Don't have the app. I have to check this out Monday.

Sponsored

OP
OP
21Moja

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
This kinda makes sense. Since the Jeep is controlled by the cc and not the pedal I can see why the Banks Pedal Monster display would go blank. I have a manual transmission with the regular cc (not the adaptive cc), and also running the Banks. If you want I will take her out and set the cc with the Banks display on and see what happens, just let me know. I have never ran the display with cc on, haven't had a reason to.
If your display is like mine it should go blank...This doesnt mean its not doing anything but Im guessing when CC is on the Banks does nothing for throttle response. As much as I like my Banks I think Im going to look for something that actually works while CC is engaged.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I think Im going to look for something that actually works while CC is engaged.
Good luck with that. They all interact with the pedal's electronics while CC controls speed through the PCM.
Basically, the pedal bows out and the PCM takes control. All that any of these do is plug into the pedal - meaning if they do that, they can't possibly impact the cruise control's functions.
In short, it's not possible for it to interact with cruise control. It will only control pedal electronics output to the PCM. Since the pedal's electronics are not used during cruise, it can't have any impact.
The PCM interacts with the engine's systems independently of the pedal, bypassing any "pedal commander" type of product.
Only a tuner could have any impact.

OP
OP
21Moja

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I'm trying to picture this in my head.

So you have the cruise control on and set. You want to step on the gas to pass someone, correct? And you want to know if the pedal response is still the same with the Pedal Monster setting or it goes back to the stock setting?

I have the Pedal Monster with the iDash gauge. Don't have the app. I have to check this out Monday.
Not exactly...Lets say Im going up a steep incline with CC not on...With the Banks I see the actual throttle and I see the Banks throttle as the settings Im on have increased response. If I have the CC set I would expect the response to be the same (as if Im on the pedal) but I see nothing on the app, telling me its making no change unless I have my foot on the pedal itself.

OP
OP
21Moja

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
Good luck with that. They all interact with the pedal's electronics while CC controls speed through the PCM.
Basically, the pedal bows out and the PCM takes control. All that any of these do is plug into the pedal - meaning if they do that, they can't possibly impact the cruise control's functions.
And you may be 100% correct, though we have Nacho above that states otherwise...I simply dont know, but if it does exist I would like to see it...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And you may be 100% correct, though we have Nacho above that states otherwise...I simply dont know, but if it does exist I would like to see it...
It will handle YOUR foot input, but not cruise control.
If you push the pedal, it would modify the pedal's output to the PCM but as far as impacting cruise control itself, all it can do is control your foot pedal.
If you press it, the device would still be modifying the pedal's output.

Maybe what's needed is to clarify what you are seeking or asking for.
Do you want it to interact with cruise control, or work when you have cruise on and YOU push the gas pedal?
It can't do anything if your foot is off the pedal - the PCM has control.
Any of these can only impact the gas pedal's output.

Do you want it to interact with cruise control - or with your gas pedal when cruise is on so when you punch the pedal, it over-rides cruise and zips away?
Sponsored