www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon and 2 Gladiator Overlands
Occupation
Marketing Director
Thule Xsporter Pro
IMG_8887b.jpg

View Here: https://jeep.rebeloffroad.com/product-p/t500xtrb.htm

The Thule Xsporter Pro Truck rack system fits in the bed of your truck to provide additional load carrying capacity to your pickup.

•Height adjustment allows load bars to be raised or lowered for convenient loading, carrying and unloading
•In the low position, they accommodate easy bed-level loading and unloading for bikes, snowboards and short boats
•In the high position, long loads can be held secure while the bed remains usable for other items
•Versatile aerodynamic load bars accommodate all Thule carriers
•Easy to install with no drilling required
•Rust-resistant, high-strength aluminum construction and stainless-steel hardware
•SecureLock locks the rack to the truck with 4 One-Key lock cylinders (included)
•Load capacity: 450 lbs.

588202_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
588206_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
595808_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg

Features
    • Adjustable-height ladder rack for your truck bed
    • CustomAdjust bars can be raised or lowered to 32 different heights for maximum load-carrying versatility
      • Higher positions let you haul long loads and free up your truck bed for other cargo
      • Lower positions let you easily load cargo and make the rack more aerodynamic
    • QuickDial hand knobs make it easy to raise or lower the load bars
      • Molded numbers on the uprights denote the load bar height
    • T-slot load bar design allows you to easily attach and adjust channel-mounted accessories
      • WindDiffuser rubber strips add finished look to load bars
      • AirTrip technology - ridges in bars redirect air over and under bars to eliminate whistling
    • Aero load stops included to help hold your cargo in place
      • Fit easily into T-slots on the load bars
    • 4 Fully welded mounting rails secure the load bar supports in place on your truck bed rails
      • Easy, clamp-on installation - no cutting or drilling required
    • 2 SecureLock clamp covers with Thule One-Key System locks secure the rails to your truck
    • 2 Locking endcaps with Thule One-Key System locks secure the upright load bar supports to your truck
    • Versatile load bars accept most Thule clamp-on and channel-mount carriers and accessories
      • Some accessories may require Thule Xadapt adapters (sold separately)
    • Reinforced, 600-grade, anodized aluminum construction is durable and rustproof
    • Silver color
588201_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
588205_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
595809_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
562205_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
Sponsored

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
Thule Xsporter Pro
IMG_8887b.jpg

The Thule Xsporter Pro Truck rack system fits in the bed of your truck to provide additional load carrying capacity to your pickup.

•Height adjustment allows load bars to be raised or lowered for convenient loading, carrying and unloading
•In the low position, they accommodate easy bed-level loading and unloading for bikes, snowboards and short boats
•In the high position, long loads can be held secure while the bed remains usable for other items
•Rust-resistant, high-strength aluminum construction and stainless-steel hardware
•SecureLock locks the rack to the truck with 4 One-Key lock cylinders (included)

588202_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
588206_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
595808_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg

Features
    • CustomAdjust bars can be raised or lowered to 32 different heights for maximum load-carrying versatility
      • Higher positions let you haul long loads and free up your truck bed for other cargo
    • T-slot load bar design allows you to easily attach and adjust channel-mounted accessories
      • AirTrip technology - ridges in bars redirect air over and under bars to eliminate whistling
    • 4 Fully welded mounting rails secure the load bar supports in place on your truck bed rails
    • 2 SecureLock clamp covers with Thule One-Key System locks secure the rails to your truck
    • 2 Locking endcaps with Thule One-Key System locks secure the upright load bar supports to your truck
    • Versatile load bars accept most Thule clamp-on and channel-mount carriers and accessories
    • Reinforced, 600-grade, anodized aluminum construction is durable and rustproof
    • Silver color
588201_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
588205_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
562205_sized_1800x1200_rev_1.jpg
So how'd we get it as low as it is in pic #1? I'm assuming the legs were cut, so how high up will it go now? The Xsporter is what I wanted go with but I couldn't see a way to get it low like pic 1 without cutting it up.

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
This thing is legit has anyone actually mounted one or planning on it?! I see it requires some mounting hardware that is not included...keep us posted if anyone installs this!

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
This thing is legit has anyone actually mounted one or planning on it?! I see it requires some mounting hardware that is not included...keep us posted if anyone installs this!
I've installed the trac rac, which uses the same mounting hardware. It requires the 2016+ tacoma mounting kit with slight modification to the mounting feet to work with the trail rails, but without trail rails should work fine with the included mounts. The thread outlining it is here:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/thule-tracrac-with-trail-rails-working-setup.18604/

I didn't go with the Xsporter because it won't have a lot of adjustability due to the wheel wells - maybe a foot - and it has around half the weight capacity (450lbs vs 800lbs) of the trac rac. It's also roughly double the cost.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
22551 Shannon Circle, Lake Forest, CA 92630
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon and 2 Gladiator Overlands
Occupation
Marketing Director
So how'd we get it as low as it is in pic #1? I'm assuming the legs were cut, so how high up will it go now? The Xsporter is what I wanted go with but I couldn't see a way to get it low like pic 1 without cutting it up.

We spoke with Teraflex and they did cut the bars so that would get down to that super low profile. Just depends on what setup you'd like to run.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No tonneau cover compatibility, however, correct?
Correct, I haven't figured out exactly how that'd work anyway without the rack sticking out the side. I just bought a toneau cover for every day use as I've decided I'm only going to run the rack when I need it - ie for trips - when I need dry locking storage but want full access to the bed - I just use a thule roof bubble on the rack. They're both easy enough to install and remove that it's not a big deal - maybe 10 minutes to install the trac rac and less than 5 to remove it, same for the toneau. I'm not sure what the solution is for those that want an RTT and dry locking storage together, though I have a few ideas...

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco

We spoke with Teraflex and they did cut the bars so that would get down to that super low profile. Just depends on what setup you'd like to run.
Gotcha, thanks. For it to be as low as shown in the pic it will most likely be useless in any position other than what it is shown or a few inches higher as it probably won't go up high enough now to haul anything above the roofline which is the point of it being adjustable IMO. Damn that fuel bump in the bed...

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
How does this compare to the Yakima one? Has anyone tried it or compared the two?

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gotcha, thanks. For it to be as low as shown in the pic it will most likely be useless in any position other than what it is shown or a few inches higher as it probably won't go up high enough now to haul anything above the roofline which is the point of it being adjustable IMO. Damn that fuel bump in the bed...
It's not the fuel bump - it's the wheel wells. You can move the front rack back enough to clear the fuel bump but not the wheel wells. I still think it'd give around a foot of adjustability which would be enough to get the rack shown close to roof level. If you only needed to lower it a foot (or didn't need it above the roof) it'd be useful, but otherwise yeah it's not going to have the full range.

Sponsored

Space Invader

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Vehicle Showcase
It's not the fuel bump - it's the wheel wells. You can move the front rack back enough to clear the fuel bump but not the wheel wells. I still think it'd give around a foot of adjustability which would be enough to get the rack shown close to roof level. If you only needed to lower it a foot (or didn't need it above the roof) it'd be useful, but otherwise yeah it's not going to have the full range.
What I'm wondering is this: can I stick a ladder or canoe atop The rack on one day and then the next day adjust it down to have a 13 inch RTT be below the cab?

I spoke with Thule customer support. They sell spare parts on their website (image provided). Based on our conversation, the way to have both tall and short capability is to buy parts to build up an addition cab-side upright and crossbar assembly and swap out the truncated assembly with the normal assembly when transitioning from low-height to high-height.

The assembly on the tailgate's end of the bed would never need to change.
Screenshot_20190905-144307_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
So to answer my own question and fyi for you all, the yakima equivalent does require you to remove the cargo bed tracks. That is a dealbreaker for me, but maybe not for everyone else.

ian.miller

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator sport s
Occupation
Pediatric anesthesiologist
Thule Xsporter Pro
Jeep Gladiator Thule Xsporter Pro Screenshot_20190905-144307_Chrome

Features
    • Silver color
I can guess at the answer to this questions but just curious.
After working with this rack - is it possible to raise the adjustable load bars after they have been loaded? In other words can you load a RTT in low position for less wind resistance and then raise the RTT once setting up camp to give you more clearance to walk under it?

Sounds impossible but just curious.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.